THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pt Realspace Raiders

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rabideldar
Slave
rabideldar

2000pt Realspace Raiders Empty
PostSubject: 2000pt Realspace Raiders   2000pt Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07 2015, 01:22

Hello!  I've been a long time lurker and have absorbed a lot from here.  The information from here has helped me build better fun lists and overall perform better, so thank you!

My FLGS summer league for 40k is starting soon and I would very much like some feedback on the list I've come up with.  The league is 2000 points and has a twist: When two players play each other, the next time they play, the person who lost the previous game gets to choose a unit from the winner's army to put into what's being called "Fleet Reserves."  "Fleet Reserves" are removed from the game but are still technically part of the army, so it retains its battleforged status, but they can never come in for that game.  

The points for the unit that's discarded get refunded to the person and they can spend them as they choose, as long as it is not the same type or unit (i.e. my Razorwing gets taken out, I'm refunded the points to spend on anything that's NOT Fast Attack or a Razorwing), so it would behoove us to build accordingly, leaving space to add units (though you are not required to spend the points if you feel confident enough).  The mission will *always* be Contact Lost. That said, here is what I've got so far:

HQ
Succubus - Archite Glaive, Agoniser, Haywire Grenades, Armor of Misery - 140pts
Court of the Archon - Sslyth x2, Ur'ghuls x2, Venom (Splinter Cannon x2) - 145pts

Elites
Kabalite Trueborn - Splinter Cannon x2, Venom (Splinter Cannon x2) - 150pts

Troops
Kabalite Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Raider (Nightshields, Splinter Racks, Dissie) - 180pts
Kabalite Warriors x10 - Splinter Cannon, Raider (Nightshields, Splinter Racks, Dissie) - 180pts

Fast Attack
Razorwing Jetfighter - Stock - 130pts
Reavers x6 - Cluster Caltrops x2 - 126pts
Scourges x5 - Haywire Blaster x4 - 120pts

Heavy Support
Ravager - Dark Lance x3, Nightshields - 140pts

I have the possibility to go up against every army except Dark Eldar (I am the only DE player).  Succubus will be in with the Court in Reserves, as will the Reavers.  Scourges may or may not start on the table, it depends on what army I'm going up against, really.  I will be leaning on the bonus to my cover saves conferred to me on the first turn to weather any initial fire, so I will most likely have units like my Warriors starting as far forward as possible, jinking on a 2+, so they can grab early objectives to pad my Tactical Objective pool in the early game.  

After any armor is taken care of, the Scourges will turn into late-game objective grabbers, if they survive long enough.  I will be using my Reavers to hopefully soften up big/hard-hitting units for my Succubus and Court to charge in and mop up. If I win, I am banking on either a Warrior squad or Trueborn squad to be removed, which would let me either snag a Voidraven Bomber or a second Razorwing Jetflighter. Unless my Scourges are just that annoying xD

Any advice/input is very much welcome and appreciated!  Thank you!  (Sorry for being so long-winded!)
Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Realspace Raiders   2000pt Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07 2015, 08:34

You are going to have big problems with armour. I don't think u have enough dark lances. If ur going to run trueborn it should be with blasters . Blasterborn can also be good AI, depending on what type of enemy u go against. U could run 2 squads with blasters in this list. I usually only use one squad with my archon using a wwp. This list would be awesome against nids but if u go up against any army with vehicles u would have problems cracking open shells. I would put DL on the razorwing and possibly on the raiders also. I would run the succubus with grots in a raider instead. Also drop the agonizer off of her. Not a big fan of nightshields, especially on ravagers, but that could be a personal preference.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Realspace Raiders   2000pt Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07 2015, 09:14

I agree with pehldog on the lack of anti-tank, you have a metric ton of anti-infantry shooting, in some places where you could be getting more AT, like the Trueborn or perhaps the Razorwing. Keeping in mind the tournament rules, it could be extremely easy for a repeat opponent to exploit this weakness, getting rid of one of your Ravagers so the few vehicles they do have can advance. It seems even more essential than normal to spread your anti-tank fire across a variety of choices from all over the chart rather than leaving it all up to four units (okay, the Reavers can take on the light stuff to, but not at any kind of decent range).

I'm not sure what the court will bring to this list, the Sslyth aren't in great enough numbers to help raise the majority toughness of their unit, nor are they taking advantage of potential splinter rack fun. The close combat potential of the unit also isn't great. If you really want to use them I'd suggest upping the number of Sslyth and giving them a Raider to fit them in.

Also, aren't Sslyth bulky? So they wouldn't be able to start the game in their Venom in this configuration.

Sorry, no, they're not and never were! Don't know what I was thinking of...

Slave
rabideldar

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Realspace Raiders   2000pt Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07 2015, 16:21

Thanks for the suggestions! I sadly do not have Grots, but I do have Incubi, so I can use those instead of Grots. I did think it was a bit light on AT, though I have done well with a similar list before... though you are right about the rules of the league, I failed to take that into consideration. With my extra venom from the Court, I added a 5 man squad of Warriors for a third Troop choice. I sadly do not have another Raider to use, unfortunately, I wish I did. Here's the updated list:

HQ
Succubus - Archite Glaive, Splinter Pistol, Haywire Grenades, Armor of Misery - 115pts

Elites
Kabalite Trueborn - Blaster x4, Venom (Splinter Cannon x2) - 180pts
Kabalite Trueborn - Blaster x4, Venom (Splinter Cannon x2) - 180pts
Incubi x4 - Klaivex Upgrade, Venom (Splinter Cannon x2) - 155pts

Troops
Kabalite Warriors x5 - Venom (Splinter Cannon x2) - 105pts

Fast Attack
Razorwing Jetfighter - Stock - 130pts

Heavy Support

This comes out to the same total of 1997 points.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Realspace Raiders   2000pt Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09 2015, 17:09

Good stuff, really like the look of this list! I am also considering the Klaivex upgrade with my Incubi when running them with the Succubus. I'll be having a game with them this weekend, I might post up the result. I'll be interested to see how they do (really I just want to see a spry Eldar slicing through Chaos champions with his seven attacks, but we'll see!) Four Venoms and two rack Raiders is a really nice amount of splinter fire, I've run four Venoms and one rack Raider before and the amount of stuff they scythed down was ridiculous. Overall, this list seems potentially destructive enough to play for tabling rather than objectives, so the lack of objective secured hopefully won't be too much of an issue for you Smile

Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Realspace Raiders   2000pt Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09 2015, 17:49

Very much an improved list. Love it. And who needs objective secure when u can mow down all who lay before u with DL and splinter shots. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
rabideldar
Slave
rabideldar

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Realspace Raiders   2000pt Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09 2015, 18:56

Haha thanks. I played my first game with it yesterday against a Decurian detachment. I rolled nothing but 1s and 2s for shooting and my saves... Failing 2+ saves on turn 1, losing all of my transports turn 2, it was not fun at all !_!. Next time, hopefully my rolls won't be so abysmal.

I really like the Klaivex... last time I ran with one, it turned into a 6 turn game and it was just him and Urien running around with a Jetfighter. I charged a squad of 6 terminators, gained 8 attacks from the charge, rage and rampage and my Klaivex slaughtered them all by himself. It was pretty glorious. In terms of Objective Secured, though, I normally run RSR simply for the added surviveability on the first turn and haven't had an issue with other Troops being on top of objectives when I need them, since I usually just plow them over with my Reavers >,>

Anyway, thanks for your help- I'm sure this list will do well when I don't roll like complete crap... That was just demoralizing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pt Realspace Raiders   2000pt Realspace Raiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pt Realspace Raiders
Page 1 of 1