THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Modeling with the new Medusae

Go down 
+6
Nepenthe
Saintspirit
Sky Serpent
TheDuke
Local_Ork
Ciirian
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ciirian
Sybarite
Ciirian

Modeling with the new Medusae Empty
PostSubject: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20 2011, 02:40

After looking at the new Medusae and its contents (from the website it says 3 parts and 2 head variants) it seems to be rather awesome. From my understanding of the Codex, the "Medusae" is the crature attatched to a host with a visor over the host's 'new face' to control the lasers. Now to me, I would think that the robes and chains on the model are just some added new visual to the line, and not really nessicary for the "Medusae" as part of the court.

I really like the robes and was thinking of making a new Archon with it. For the Medusae I was wondering what other bodies could be used with those heads. I was thinking of using other bodies for the extra heads to make additional Medusae. I was thinking of using spare Male Wyches or some of my left over Warriors. What about using a captive from another race? Has anyone thought of doing a concersion like that?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20 2011, 03:41

From less obvious (DE stuff) ideas I guess You could use something that looks like slave - for example WFB zombies with dirty/ragged clothes and wounds looks rather pityful.

Modeling with the new Medusae M1184629_99120207001_VCZombieRegimentMain_873x627

Same with Empire Bums (Fallegants), especially guy in pillory that looks totally like slave (one on leash is also good).

Modeling with the new Medusae M150019a_99120202017_EmpFlagellantMPPK_873x627

Also, Ghouls may look good (however better as Ur-Ghuls).
Back to top Go down
TheDuke
Hellion
TheDuke

PostSubject: Re: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20 2011, 09:43

I see the medusae as a good base for a female archon. Grab a Succubus and a medusae, and put the Succubus head and torso on the medusae legs and voila! It should be easier to do in finecast as well.

As for building slave models out of them perhaps the Crypt ghoul set in addition to Local Ork's fantastic suggestions.

TheDuke

Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20 2011, 11:54

I'm currently thinking of grabbing an Eldar Warlock to make into a host.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20 2011, 12:27

I am thinking of using the brain part to make a baby zoanthrope.

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Nepenthe
Kabalite Warrior
Nepenthe

PostSubject: Re: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20 2011, 13:08

Sky Serpent wrote:
That sounds like a really good idea, though with just 1-2, I decided to get both originals.

That, and I have a foot council waiting for me at some point, I've scratched together 10-11 warlock models with no model used more than twice (had to dip into some seriously old laspistol ones from ebay I don't ever remember seeing before), so I'm not exactly looking forward to getting/painting more warlocks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20 2011, 15:48

Sky Serpent wrote:

That's so evil that it's right.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20 2011, 19:09

According to fluff, that would be nearly as sad as ending of "I have no mouth ,and I must scream" novel (game is good too, however both are... "strong" kind of stuff). Way worse than death...

... excellent.
Back to top Go down
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20 2011, 19:57

I was thinking of using slaves from vects dais with heads swapped on, then use body for haemonculus conversion.

Back to top Go down
Hydra
Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21 2011, 12:17

abjectus wrote:
I was thinking of using slaves from vects dais with heads swapped on, then use body for haemonculus conversion.

Sound great!

I only would advise to have the other members of the council in a rather defensive pose aswell... otherwise is might look a little wierd, when two are restingand the others are running forwards screaming...

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
abjectus
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21 2011, 20:30

Good point, I'll have to have other models posed firing ranged weapons or taunting enemies, maybe pose urghuls like there looking for scent.
Back to top Go down
darthplagis
Slave
darthplagis

PostSubject: Re: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21 2011, 22:52

from the fluff in the dex, i read the hosts to be passive almost zombie like, think of salacious crumb and jabba the hut mixed with jabbas frog/snack tank. so the slave headswap would work if you follow that logic.

but i do really like the model that is coming for the medusae, just hope the slyth will be nice.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modeling with the new Medusae   Modeling with the new Medusae I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modeling with the new Medusae
Page 1 of 1