THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Trueborn Modeling ideas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kargenetic
Slave

Trueborn Modeling ideas Empty
PostSubject: Trueborn Modeling ideas   Trueborn Modeling ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 13:28

Today I had an idea. It was a stupid, expensive idea, but I like it. As I have not yet built any of my Trueborn, I am considering collecting them from a wide range of models, showing off individuals' styles and panache. The ideas I've had so far:

Warhammer Empire Duelist: The one with pistols.
Sigvald the Magnificent: I worry that I wouldn't be able to get rid of his flowing hair.
Dark Elf Hydra Beastmaster
DKoK Commissar: I want someone in a trench coat, though I'm looking at steel legion as well
Death Jester (probably without that silly chunk of Craftworlder crap under his feet Wink )
Traditional Kabalite
Wych (I'd have to make her look like part of the squad)

Essentially, I'm looking at bodies and legs. All of their weapons will be replaced by blasters in at least one hand, and the all will have heads replaced by people wearing sunglasses. (In my Kabal, only Trueborn and the Archon bare their face, and Trueborn need eye protection from their own Darklight). So my questions are threefold. With those models and any others mentioned:

Can the head swap easily?
Can the arms swap easily?
Will the model look proportionate to the rest of my Kabal in terms of height, limb thickness, etc?

Because I have never seen most of the models I mentioned in person Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Trueborn Modeling ideas   Trueborn Modeling ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 15 2011, 19:20

If I remember it right, the death jester is only two parts (body and weapon) but could work as they are nowadays in resin. Head and stuff will be easier to replace.
The DE beastmasters are actually pretty tiny, and IMO too small for this.

If you want other ideas, I made my TB:s from kabalites with their back replaced by the HE phoenix guard cape. Looks like this:
Trueborn Modeling ideas L1150485

The only problem was to make the cloak fit to the front body part, had to cut a little, but otherwise it went very good.
Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

PostSubject: Re: Trueborn Modeling ideas   Trueborn Modeling ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 00:50

I was going to start making TBs too and I was wondering if Scouage arms would word on the Kabalite Warrior torso.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: Trueborn Modeling ideas   Trueborn Modeling ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 10:34

They do indeed. At least the ones with blasters do.
Back to top Go down
Incubi Death
Hellion
Incubi Death

PostSubject: Re: Trueborn Modeling ideas   Trueborn Modeling ideas I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 03 2011, 18:18

Ok thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trueborn Modeling ideas   Trueborn Modeling ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trueborn Modeling ideas
Page 1 of 1