THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
knightswimmer14
Hellion
knightswimmer14

1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive Empty
PostSubject: 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive   1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 14:42

Hey guys! This is the first list I feel pretty comfortable going into a competitive setting with, now most of the meta from my home town is tons of Tau..... Tons. A few Eldar serpent spams, and then the splash of either marines or any chaos affilitation. 1. How would this list fair against my most common enemy (Tau and serpent spam)? 2. Any tips on how to make this list more effective?

Archon- WWP, Blaster, Haywire

Autarch-Fusion Gun

5x Warriors- Blaster
Venom-Splinter Cannon

5x Warriors- Blaster
Venom-Splinter Cannon

5x Warriors- Blaster
Venom-Splinter Cannon

5x Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent-Scatter Laser, Shuriken cannon

5x Dire Avengers
Wave Serpent-Scatter Laser, Shuriken cannon

Razorwing Jetfighter- Dark Lances

Razorwing Jetfighter- Dark Lances

5x Scourges- 4 Heat Lances

5x Fire Dragons

Ravager-Dark Lances

Ravager-Dark Lances

Ravager-Dark Lances

Comes out to 1830 so 20 more points to spend!. Now yes I am using some Eldar (which is sad and all yes) but in this list but the Fire Dragon bomb I think is just way too effective, plan is to hold my position on turn one, then turn two with hopefully all of my reserves coming in thanks to the Autarch, I can bring the beat stick and pop most of their tanks, and drop templates on all their infantry. What do you all think?? Also I am in the process of making a Dark Eldar only list, I will probably post that list in this thread as well.

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive   1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 15:09

I quite like it even if you are breaking down and taking craft world allies Razz the one thing I would really suggest is finding some points for reavers. They are super useful for the points value and a great tool in our arsenal. I would swap to real space raiders detachment (I'm fine loosing objective secured but you might feel you need it) and pick up two or three small units. You can make up the points by dropping a warrior squad as you only need the two. Dropping blaster from archon can get 15 pts too as I think 5 pts for a high bs haywire throw with the perfect drop is just fine. You might also consider dropping blasters on warrior units, some people swear by them but I'd rather save 15 pts and shot the other 4 guys at something useful esp if my venoms are forced to jink often. Also I like haywire on scourges more because it means a bad drop is forgiving but again personal preference. Overall I do really like the list.
Back to top Go down
knightswimmer14
Hellion
knightswimmer14

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive   1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 16:17

Thanks for the reply! I think I would like to have reavers in my army, honestly I kinda over looked them haha so maybe ill give them a look and a chance. And Im kinda iffy about all the blasters in my army on those warriors, I would drop all of the blasters if I had the space for another venom but sadly I dont have the points to do so.
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive   1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 20:08

You can pick up the anti tank firepower via the reavers with blasters or heat lances and their hammer of wrath attacks on a more mobile and, depending in your terrain and meta, survivable platform.
Back to top Go down
HERO
Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive   1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22 2014, 21:48

Drop the Heat lance Scourges and buy yourself a Wave Serpent to put the Fire Dragons, Autarch and Archon.

You don't need the Shuriken Cannons on the WS, I'd much rather buy Holo-fields or Spirit Stones for the points. Both if you can make the squeeze.

Hellion
knightswimmer14

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive   1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23 2014, 02:59

For sure have some new things to think about, ill post some new lists up tomorrow with those recommendations
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive   1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 Dark Eldar with Eldar allies competitive
Page 1 of 1