THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Call of Chaos

Go down 
+6
Teetengee
Count Adhemar
LSK
The_Burning_Eye
thesaltedwound
flakmonkey
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Teetengee
Hellion
Teetengee

Call of Chaos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Chaos   Call of Chaos - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2015, 13:58

MoT cannot improve the invulnerable save to 2++ IIRC. Also don't give the sorcerer MoT if you are trying to do daemonology, as it forces rolls on the tzeentch table. Just hope for cursed earth and roll 3 times on daemonology. However, otherwise it is a good plan.

http://heretherebemonsters40k.blogspot.com/
killedbydeath
Hellion
killedbydeath

PostSubject: Re: Call of Chaos   Call of Chaos - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 20 2015, 13:16

Thats right. I would go nurgle on the possessed... Toughness 5 is good to and with a 3++ save it is great
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Call of Chaos   Call of Chaos - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 29 2015, 21:32

Laughingcarp wrote:
So will be testing out Screams of Lugganath on a Land Raider with Typhus and 4 Nurgle Terminators soon, as well as allying in a Grotesquerie to a CSM list.
1500pts
-Nurgle Chaos Biker Lord w/Daemonheart, Slaughterer's Horns, Sigil of Corruption, Gift of Mutation, Blight Grenades, Lightning Claw & Power Fist
-5 Nurgle Spawn
-5 Raptors, 2 Meltaguns
-5 Raptors, 2 Meltaguns
-10 Cultists
-10 Cultists
-10 Cultists
-Maulerfiend
-Maulerfiend

-Haemonculus, Liquifier, Sindriq's Sump
-3 Grots, Aberration upgrade with Scissorhand, Raider w/Sails
-3 Grots, Aberration upgrade with Scissorhand, Raider w/Sails

Maulerfiends start on one flank, Spawn with Lord between them for cover. Grotesque Raiders on the opposite side. Cultists scatter, hide, then try not to die. Raptors either Deep Strike or run up behind the Maulerfiends, cover hopping.
Alternately, drop 1 unit of Raptors, 1 unit of Cultists, and the blight grenades for a Heldrake.
Think this is reasonable, something you'd be willing to run? What would you do differently?

This is actually very similar to a list I'd been mulling over the past week. Mind you, this was at 1200, rather than 1500.      

I too would go Chaos as the main force, and focus on presenting lots of fast moving, armoured threats.

3 Maulerfiends, 5-6 Nurgle Spawn with attached Nurgle Biker Lord.

2 minimum csm squads and a melta, maybe a combi melta too, in rhinos. Regular csm are pretty weak, but they're tougher than raptors in their rhino, and it can give saves to my DE with good positioning. 2 Cheap units of cultists should be sufficient.

I wanted to throw in 2 venoms with minimum kabalite numbers for some long ranged anti infantry.
I'd like to squeeze in a Ravager but I don't see that happening at 1200 :L

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Chaos   Call of Chaos - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of Chaos
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2