THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Building and painting the new plastic Haemonculus - harder than I thought...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

Building and painting the new plastic Haemonculus - harder than I thought... Empty
PostSubject: Building and painting the new plastic Haemonculus - harder than I thought...   Building and painting the new plastic Haemonculus - harder than I thought... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 19:56

Hey,

I'm currently assembling the (gorgeous) new plastic Haemonculus and am at kind of a conundrum here: how do I do the subassemblies (if any) best in order to be able to reach every part of the model when painting it? It's such a detailed model and so "3D-y". Just assembling everything doesn't seem to be the right way; leaving off the arms would mean having to scrape off the basecoat on the areas I'll put the glue later and... I just don't know how to do it all.

Anyone care to share how they did it? Smile

Kinnay

Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

Building and painting the new plastic Haemonculus - harder than I thought... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building and painting the new plastic Haemonculus - harder than I thought...   Building and painting the new plastic Haemonculus - harder than I thought... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 20:08

Honestly, I just assembled the entire model and painted it in one go. The model's lower left arm was magnetized for weapon options, but otherwise assembled. Painting it that way was absolutely not a problem with all of the parts in tact.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: Building and painting the new plastic Haemonculus - harder than I thought...   Building and painting the new plastic Haemonculus - harder than I thought... I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18 2014, 20:58

Allright, I'll just do so too, then!
I just really didn't want to mess up this pretty, pretty miniature. Smile

Thanks for the input!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building and painting the new plastic Haemonculus - harder than I thought...   Building and painting the new plastic Haemonculus - harder than I thought... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building and painting the new plastic Haemonculus - harder than I thought...
Page 1 of 1