THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]

Go down 
+10
dumpeal
Archon Rievect
Tempestus
Amornar
Hellstrom
BlackCadian
The_Burning_Eye
pehldog63
fredpower
skp
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
skp
Hellion
skp

Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] Empty
PostSubject: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14 2015, 23:30

Ok, before I get into the details of which describe my terrible attempt at a 'all rounder' army, I'd like to emphasise that my primary opponents will be Orks(My friend) and and Blood Angels(My soon to be ex girlfriend if she keeps kicking my ass like she has been!lol! ) with that being said, I'm not a overly competitive player(although winning is nice! Wink) but I would like to have a well rounded army that works.

I'm basing my list around the 'venom spam' approach but of recent I just can't pump enough shots into my ork player to be able to stop him getting into close combat and well, making me squeal like a pansy.. Razz

Without further ado... Here's my Venom spam of not really venom spam.. Spam, Kabal of the Void Lance.

---

HQ:
Succubus, Archite Glaive, Armour of Misery, Shadowfield [140] pts

Troops:
5x Kabalite Warrior, 1 blaster, Venom, Double Splintercannon [120] pts
5x Kabalite Warrior, 1 blaster, Venom, Double Splintercannon   [120] pts

Fast Attack:
5x Reaver Jetbikes, Arena Champion, Powersword, Heatlance [115] pts
5x Reaver Jetbikes, Arena Champion, Powersword, Heatlance [115] pts

Heavy Support:
Ravager, 3 Dark Lance, Nightshield [140] pts
Ravager, 3 Dark Lance, Nightshield [140] pts
Ravager, 3 Disintigrator Cannons, Nightshield [125] pts

Elites:
9x Incubi, Klaivex, Raider, Disintigrator Cannon [245] pts

_____
   Total 1,500 pts

So to put a thought in your mind, the idea is to dance around as much as possible while my opponent comes at me, then use the succubus/Incubi for counter attacks, my ork opponent runs two small mega nob units which hurt and my Blood Angel opponent runs Assault Termi's and Sanguinary guard.(go figure Evil or Very Mad ) let me know what you guys think, suggest, input and output!

Cheers,
Skp.

Last edited by skp on Wed Nov 25 2015, 22:20; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
fredpower
Hellion
fredpower

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14 2015, 23:44

sucubus cant get shadowfield that would be nice but she cant
for the reavers try the cluster caltrops their are very nice an try nao spent points os heat lances with then they dont get to shoot much and that then im packs of 3,6,9 or 12 not other ways to make them get the maximun of ugrades per model and for incubi try 2 packs of 4 they with an klaivex in each the can take more targets this way and will be more dificul to lost 2 mini units than a big one
Back to top Go down
pehldog63
Kabalite Warrior
pehldog63

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17 2015, 00:44

For the most part I like this list. Here is my 2 cents, hopefully, it is helpful. Like fredpower stated, I would drop the heat lances on the reavers and pick up the caltrops. If u have the models, increase the  reaver squads to 6 so u can have two caltrops per squad or drop them down to a squad of 3 with the caltrops. That big squad of incubi  will kill everything it attacks in one round and get shot to death the next turn. So I would drop them down and maybe fit in another troop choice.  You could switch out the incubi for 4 grotesques. They are more durable and can do a lot of damage. Without knowing what ur girlfriend and friend run, I would switch out the disintegrator for a DL. You will have a lot of AI with the venoms. If u have the points give the 3rd ravager DLs also.
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17 2015, 09:05

As others have pointed out, the succubus can't get a shadowfield ( Mad . I'd be less likely to make too many changes elsewhere though - if your opponents stated are the ones you play almost exclusively then the dissie ravager is a good idea. Yes, the incubi should pile through most things, but not storm shield terminators. The powerswords on the arena champions really aren't worth it, they'll likely only wound on 5's at best against those opponents and won't touch terminators or sanguinary guard.

We really don't have the tools to deal with massed 2+ saves in combat outside of the Incubi (grots are good, but against an opponent who doesn't roll many 1's, you'll struggle).

The thing I'd really recommend though, is bait your opponents with tht incubi unit - remember if you charge into cover you'll be striking at initiative 1. If they charge you - you'll strike first. You can do this either by talking up the Incubi unit and make them want to take it down, then place it where it can be charged, or by attempting an almost impossible charge, (10"+). Watch it fail (usually) and a combat unit will almost always then try to charge you in the following turn. Just don't do it if they've got lots of firepower nearby that could take the incubi down without assaulting them! It may be prudent to avoid storm shield terminators too, their toughness combined with the 3++ means even the incubi will have a hard time against them.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17 2015, 10:05

Thank you all for your inputs, very constructive and informative, as for "models" I really don't have many, at the moment we're all mainly using 2p's(English dude here:P) and paper cut outs that best fit scale, so with that being said we're able to pretty much take anything and find out what we do and don't like.

I recently played vs the ork player and won with my new list - I did some adjustments to the Succubus and Reavers and ran three squad of three with the load out above.

I found that he pumped a lot of shots into the Incubi/Succubus raider(go figure) which I was completely fine with because it neglected shots onto my ravagers, he also was scared to just jump into my lines with his deff kopta's (due to my reavers) which provides me some good defence, but I don't know how long that will really last.

Personally - they didn't really do anything, but on the other hand, My incubi ate everything, including 2 squads of 12 boys and a 4 man squad of mega-nobs.

I'm seriously contemplating taking two 5 man squads of scourge again as a "support" unit, I've been deep striking them on older incarnations of my list, they pop a tank and pretty much instantly die(perhaps its how I play them?) I'd really like to incorporate them into my list where possible.

My girlfriends list is something on the lines of:

Dante

5 Sanguinary Guard
5 Assault Termi's

5 Man scout
5 Man scout
5 Tactical Marines.
5 Tactical Marines.

2 x 5 man assault
1 x 10 man assault

plus weapon upgrades such as melta's and rocket launchers.

My ork opponent runs a lot of trucks with 12 man boy squads atleast 4/5, he also runs a warboss and 2 mega nob squads, he's also been trying out the lobba's and that zappa gun thing that is annoying as crap (although, I'm pretty sure he's getting rid of them) he also has 2 squads of 5 deff kopta's
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 22 2015, 12:30

Ok, so I've editted and adjusted the army list a bit to my liking, the idea of it is, blast the crap into anything (go figure) then use the Incubi/Archon to support with counter charges and the scourges are anti holy crap unit, they won't deep strike, they'll just hide away until needed.

--------------------------------------
KABAL OF THE VOID LANCE.

HQ
Archon, Husk Blade, Armour of Misery, Shadowfield

Troops:
5x Kabalite Warrior, 1 blaster, Venom, Double Splintercannon

Fast Attack
10x Scourges, 4 Heat Lance, Solarite w/ Splinter Pistol and Power Lance

Heavy Support:
Ravager, 3 Dark Lance, Nightshield
Ravager, 3 Dark Lance, Nightshield
Ravager, 3 Disintigrator Cannons, Nightshield

Elites:
9x Incubi, Klaivex, Raider, Disintigrator cannon

Total 1490 pts
Back to top Go down
BlackCadian
Kabalite Warrior
BlackCadian

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23 2015, 12:16

As has been mentioned before, I'd really suggest splitting up the incubi into 2 units, see above.

Scourges are nice, but here too I'd rather split them up into 2 units of 5 - you don't really need 10 in a single unit as it won't allow you to take more special weapons.
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07 2015, 17:19

Ok, with a few test games etc, I've come up with this list, please.. please please! Let me know what you think!

HQ
Archon, Husk Blade, Armour of Misery, Shadowfield [140] pts

Troops:

Fast Attack
6x Scourges, 4 Heat Lance [136] pts

Heavy Support:
Ravager, 3 Dark Lance, Nightshield, Sails [140] pts

Elites:
4x Incubi, Venom, Double Splintercannon           [165] pts
5x Incubi, Venom, Double Splintercannon           [165] pts

Grand Total [1486] - Vehicle Total [9] - Infantry Total [36] - Model Count [45]
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07 2015, 17:26

If you aren't going to DS the Scourges, you should be using Haywire, not Heat Lances.

I'm assuming you really want to use Incubi for some reason, otherwise, don't use them .......
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07 2015, 17:32

Could you explain why not?
Back to top Go down
Amornar
Kabalite Warrior
Amornar

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 07 2015, 18:50

A lot of dark eldar players really dislike incubi due to their lack of grenades but there are still many that see smaller units that can be maneuverable and quite effectve, myself included. Grots are certainly a better assault unit for us, but I think incubi are effective enough to be fielded, esp if you face a lot of marines (not to mention the models are just too beautiful not to field). A tip to using them is to place your objectives in the open forcing your opponent to choose between cover and points.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2015, 16:15

When they get shot, they die. And quickly. If their transport gets popped, they are screwed. Overwatch hurts them. They can't assault into or out of cover. Just a few of my favourite reasons Smile
Back to top Go down
Tempestus
Hellion
Tempestus

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 08 2015, 17:01

I dont know particularly why you decided to drop your two jetbike squads for one scourge squad. Reavers i believe can be more versatile and survivable.

Quote :
HQ
Archon, Husk Blade, Armour of Misery [100] pts

Troops:

Fast Attack
6x Reavers, 2 Cluster Caltrops [126] pts
6x Reavers, 2 Cluster Caltrops [126] pts

Heavy Support:
Ravager, 3 Dark Lance [125] pts

Elites:
4x Incubi, Venom, Double Splintercannon           [145] pts
4x Incubi, Venom, Double Splintercannon          [145] pts

If you were to drop the Shadowfield (you already got a save from the AoM), the Nightshields and Sails from the Ravagers and lose one Incubi. You could replace those Scourge with two 6 man Reaver squads with 2x Cluster Caltrops.

How have you found splitting up the Incubi to be working?
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19 2015, 19:09

I haven't been able to play a whole lot of recent and to be honest, neither have I been able to paint much due to my girlfriend recently moving in and me starting a new job as assistant manager at a place near me... I have managed to play a single game though, from what I see, I like the idea of it, gives me the possibility to scare and cover more areas where required..

I just really really love the Incubi, I know they're not terminators and they don't have grenades but they are able to hurt a lot of people if played propperly.

Personally, I really don't mind dropping the scourge, Reavers I could see myself using, they have a lot better movement than scourge and shooting-kinda.

I have no issues of dropping a unit of warriors w/ Venom if that's needed//
Back to top Go down
Archon Rievect
Kabalite Warrior
Archon Rievect

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21 2015, 21:43

I would run a list you think works and keep a logbook for tweaking.
One tip from me, if going against termies,better to shoot them,I like dissies for this,finally an ap2 where they are at least in the invul save... Screws cc with them...now unless you want to try a court out with a bunch of llhamies wounding on 2, I'd on 6, 3 attacks each on the charge...charge with a 5 man warrior,let them take ow then charge the court in....i have taken out some stupid tough ic that way but it can also go south quick...

I guess just try stuff..good luck..
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2015, 12:50

About time I updated this thing! been tooooooo long and I humbly apologise!

HQ
Archon, AoM, Shadowfield, Blaster

Thinking maybe taking a succubus, but is she worth the points?

Troops
5 Kabalite Warriors, Blaster w/ Venom Dedicated w/ 2xSplinter Cannon

Elites
4 Incubi, Venom, Double Splintercannon

Possibly drop these for something else, but for what?

Heavy Support

Ravager, 3 DL's
Ravager, 3 DL's
Ravager, 3 DL's

Fast Attack

Reavers, 9 men, 3 Cluster Caltrops

With that being said, suggestions and thoughts?
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2015, 18:25

a 9 men reaver squad is rarely efficient. You should split it in 3 X 3men squads, since you have the slots available.
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2015, 19:01

Ok so I've revised the list more and come up with this, I'm still unsure about the Klaivex w/ Demi's but gonna give it a try on Tuesday.

HQ
Archon w/ AoM, Shadowfield, Blaster, Huskblade.

Troops
5 x Kabalite Warriors x5 w/ Blaster, Venom, Double Splinter Cannon

Elites
Incubi x3, Klaivex, Klaive, Demiklaive's, Venom w/ Double Splinter Cannon.

Fast Attack
Reavers x9, 3x Cluster Caltrops.

Heavy Support
Ravager x3 w/ 3x Dark Lance

Cheers,
sKP.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23 2015, 20:01

Split your reavers into 3 squads. Even if you are going to charge 1 thing if they are three squads then 2 of them won't experience overwatch, and you can use them if you want.
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24 2015, 11:27

I'll give that a go on Tuesday versus my mates mech orc army, see how it pans out.

Last edited by skp on Mon Oct 26 2015, 08:39; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Fume Knight
Kabalite Warrior
The Fume Knight

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 25 2015, 09:19

Personally I love Incubi, they are usually reliable up close, not to mention one of the most visually striking of the DE codex, although as Hellstrom said, there is massive holes in their design, the biggest for me is overwatch, even with the 3+ armor and the enemy firing snapshots they drop like flies, and since they are usually more effective in smaller squads, a lucky overwatch could break a key point in your strategy, I also am planning on getting grotesques soon to be the main melee unit, while the Incubi will be my 'specialist' group, that I would unload on key enemy positions.
That being said, once Incubi are in melee combat though, nothing is nicer than saying "That's 4 wounds on that squad with... AP two." The opponents face is priceless. Wink

In a side note, "of the Void Lance" I like that, but also, are you planning on buying a VRB? Using one with the Ravagers could be effective, I haven't had a chance to use my VRB yet, but maybe the Ravagers could bait enemy fire till the void mine can be dropped in the middle of enemy key points. Razz
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2015, 22:54

Ok.. my latest creation, please show your input, next game is on sunday!

HQ
Archon w/ AoM, Blaster (Will go with the Trueborn)

Troops
5 x Kabalite Warriors w/ Blaster, Venom, Double Splinter Cannon

Elites
9 x Trueborn w/ 4x Blaster, Raider w/ Sails, Racks and NightShield.

Fast Attack
RazorWing Jet Fighter w/ 4x Necrotoxin, Splinter Cannon and 2 x Dark Lances.

Heavy Support
3 x Ravager w/ 3x Dark Lance each.
That brings me to 1,494.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

sKP.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2015, 23:02

Break the trueborn into 2 units and put them in venoms.

Edit: Ah you've got your Archon in there too... I would still rework how you intend to get these out there, but I suppose if your looking to fill a single boat up with blasters this isn't too bad, but with half your occupants not having splinter weapons then the 15 points your spending on the racks aren't really worth it.

If your spending the 15 points I'd almost cut 2 of the blasters in warrior units and get 2 splinter cannons for your trueborn unit. It will give you between 4 and 8 additional shots that the Racks are twinlinking.
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 17:20

So I've come up with a slightly different list.. please give me your input Smile

HQ
Archon
Blaster, Close Combat Weapon, Kabalite Armour, Shadow field, The Armour of Misery

Court of the Archon
4x Medusae, Venom, Splinter Cannon

Troops
5x Kabalite Warrior, Blaster w/ Venom Splinter Cannon

Fast Attack
3 x Reavers, Cluster Caltrops.

Heavy Support
Ravager w/ 3x Dark Lance.
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 19:48

I'd give this archon a power sword instead of a blaster as 4 lhameans are going to be a waste of points if they aren't going for cc. If you have 10 pts to spare make it an agonizer instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next