THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]

Go down 
+10
dumpeal
Archon Rievect
Tempestus
Amornar
Hellstrom
BlackCadian
The_Burning_Eye
pehldog63
fredpower
skp
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
skp
Hellion
skp

Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 21:22

I'm running 4 Medusae's Amorrowlyday Very Happy

-
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12 2015, 21:30

Ah rescinded. Looks fine then. I don't like ravagers but plenty of people do
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19 2015, 14:46

Ok.. latest Reincarnation..... lol, sorry!

+ HQ +

Archon w/ Blaster, Power Sword, Shadow field, Armour of Misery
Court of the Archon 4x Medusae, 4x Sslyth w/ Raider w/ Disintegrator cannon

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors 5x Warriors w/ Blaster
Venom w/ Double Splinter Cannon

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers x4 w/ Cluster caltrops

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager w/ 3x Dark Lance

Ravager w/ 3x Dark Lance

Ravager w/ 3x Dark Lance

sKP

-
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20 2015, 21:40

Well, thought it was time I extended my army, I don't have the models yet apart from my Succubus, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling atleast! I'm trying to keep to a themed list and I hope this will do, kinda ok? I'm not expecting it to win tournaments, so have no worries there! but what do you think? suggestions? Thoughts?

Plan is to basically float about and use the high movement of the Aether's to try and pick off vehicles and hard hitting units with the Bloodbrides(BB's) and Succubus arriving in Deepstrike, with Reavers in support rolls for soaking/counter attacking units needed, I'm trying for a fast paced, in your face turn 2 army, because we all know... it won't last long if they're not.

+ HQ +

Succubus w/ Archite glaive, Haywire Grenades, The Armour of Misery, Webway portal

+ Elites +

Bloodbrides x9 w/ Syren, Raider w/ Dark Lance + Enhanced Aethersails

+ Troops +

Wyches x10 w/ Raider w/ Dark Lance + Enhanced Aethersails

+ Fast Attack +

Reavers x4 w/ 1x Cluster Caltrops

sKP

-
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23 2015, 17:51

No one has any recommendations/suggestions?

-
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Covern of the Forsake Dagger is born!   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25 2015, 22:26

Ok.. so here's my attempt at Covern... my question, which I'll ask in another thread anyways, but can one Haemonculus be apart of several formations?

Covern of the Forsake Dagger.

Haemonculus
Flesh Gauntlet, The Khaidesi Haemovores.

Haemonculus
Flesh Gauntlet, The Khaidesi Haemovores.

Grotesques x3
Raider /w D-Lance + Sails.

Grotesques x3
Raider /w D-Lance + Sails.

Which makes up a Grotesquerie.

Wracks 9 men
Raider D-Lance

Wracks 10 men
Raider D-Lance

Wracks 10 men
Raider D-Lance

This makes Covenite Fleshcorps

Talos x3!

This brings me to a total of 1,350 does anyone have any suggestions how to get up to 1500? I have 150 spare.

sKP!

-
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30 2015, 23:28

skp wrote:
Well, thought it was time I extended my army, I don't have the models yet apart from my Succubus, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling atleast! I'm trying to keep to a themed list and I hope this will do, kinda ok? I'm not expecting it to win tournaments, so have no worries there! but what do you think? suggestions? Thoughts?

Plan is to basically float about and use the high movement of the Aether's to try and pick off vehicles and hard hitting units with the Bloodbrides(BB's) and Succubus arriving in Deepstrike, with Reavers in support rolls for soaking/counter attacking units needed, I'm trying for a fast paced, in your face turn 2 army, because we all know... it won't last long if they're not.

+ HQ +

Succubus w/ Archite glaive, Haywire Grenades, The Armour of Misery, Webway portal

+ Elites +

Bloodbrides x9 w/ Syren, Raider w/ Dark Lance + Enhanced Aethersails

+ Troops +

+ Fast Attack +

sKP

You likely will see most of your Wyches crumble too fast. The biggest issue here is that you pretty much aren't threatening your opponent whatsoever on turn one, because everything has to flat out to be ready for your turn two.

If you're going second, that means you're eating two full turns of shooting, and with the likes of scatter lasers, mass pulse rifle/SMS, even bolters for that matter...

This is on top of overwatch to any combat you actually attempt.

Another glaring issue if your weakness to niche/tough units. I can't see anything in your list standing up to MC's, a few vehicles, a flier or even lowly marines as you lack agonisers.

Wyches are basically just a mechanism to delivery their Hekatrix squad leader with an agoniser into combat - so you REALLY want to include that. It buffs their leadership too. You should probably drop one full reaver unit, and also one additional reaver per remaining unit (to a total of 3 units of 3 reavers each) to afford these 5 Hekatrixes and agonisers,

With some leftover points, and perhaps by dropping the bloodbrides and/or a Wych squad, you can get something scary and slightly more robust to accompany this, like grotesques or allied wraithguard deepstriking with that wwp of yours. The bloodbrides still die in droves to even lasguns if they're isolated.

If you really want a squad of Hekatrixes, its normally so you can squeeze in 3 of the wych special weapons - so stock of on 3 of them plus a squad leader with agoniser. You may as well put these ladies in a normal raider in lieu of one wych squad, and then deep strike in your Succubus with some groteques.

Seeing your coven list, I would say it would perform better than the Wych cult list by virtue of not dying to a stiff breeze. That being said, it still suffers many of the same weaknesses ie lack of damage on the first turn and lack of diversity/niche weapons. You're looking to spend your last 150 points? Add another groteque to each squad, for starters.

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01 2016, 23:44

Well, since I've come back, Suppose I should update my Kabal of the Void Lance!

Archon [Blaster, Shadow field, Husk Blade]

Trueborn Warriors [9x Trueborn Warrior]
Trueborn Warriors with 4 special weapon's [Blaster's]
Raider [Enhanced Aethersails/Dark Lance Depending, Splinter Raks, Night Shields]

Kabalite Warriors [4x Kabalite Warrior]
Kabalite Warrior with special weapon [Blaster]
Venom [Splinter Cannon x2]

Reavers [2xCluster caltrops, 6x Reaver]

Ravager [Dark Lance x3]
Ravager [Dark Lance x3]
Ravager [Dark Lance x3]

Regards,
sKP.

-
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2016, 01:32

I really like your other thread showing off your painting/building work, but the inefficiency in your lists makes my face hurt. Razz

FYI, please don't take offence if my text sounds snarky. It's just my style, and it may not come across as intended via text.

Back on topic: Pretty much all the advice Hydranixx gave was good, with the caveat that this sentence is placed directly before everything he said: "wyches suck, and no one should use them, but if you are going to anyway..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As for your updated Kabal list, the inefficiency is what really bothers me. Having 4 blasterborn with 5 rifleborn in a raider with dark lance, night shield, aethersails, and splinterracks is throwing my inner bargain hunter into a fit of penny-pinching rage. Haha.

Basically, you can't use all those upgrades together. If you're jinking to use your night shields, then you've wasted the dark lance. If you use the aethersails, then you've wasted everything except the night shields. If you fire at a vehicle with your 4 blasters, then you're wasting 5-10 splinter shots, splinter racks, and night shields. So no matter what you do, it's inefficient with that setup.

Look at it this way: For the price of what you're paying in upgrades, you could just buy another unit so that you have more target saturation, more wounds/hullpoints, and the same amount of firepower while never having to waste any of it.

Example: You spent 254 points on that raider full of trueborn w/options. You COULD have this for 4 less points:

5 Trueborn w/4 Blasters in a Raider w/Nightshields
1 Venom w/Dual Splinter Cannons

What this does is trade 4 trueborn wounds with 5+ armour for 2 AV10 hullpoints with 5++ invuln and jink, while gaining 2-7 additional splinter shots per round at 36" instead of 24". It also keeps you from having to fire your splinter shots at your blaster targets.

Speaking of which, you have a blaster in every one of your warrior squads. Also super-inefficient for the same reasons as having the mixed trueborn. I'd get rid of those in favor of something else. Your archon is sort of tricked out for melee combat, with a blaster as a secondary weapon, but you don't have a single melee unit in your army with which to deliver a CC archon. Also, Archon's can't hurt anything with a huskblade. Agonizer is better. But in this particular list, I'd drop both the shadow field and the huskblade, since you don't have anything you want in combat. In this list, if your Archon is in combat, you've failed.

So, if you drop the blasters, the huskblade, and the shadowfield, that's 125 points. 129 with the other change. From there, you have tons of options. Here are a few:

1. Buy a unit of 5 Scourges with 4 haywire blasters and put a haywire grenade on your archon if you want more AT.
2. Free up another 1 point and buy a Talos with an ichor injector if you want a bit more CC ability, and he can fill in as AT in melee. This unit will be leaps and bounds better than the archon ever would have been in CC.
3. Free up another 1 point and buy a razorwing jetfighter.
4. Buy 2 raiders w/dark lances and put a haywire grenade or parasite's kiss on your archon.
5. Buy a unit of 6 more reavers with 2 more cluster caltrops.

I hope I helped! Good luck with whatever you decide!
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02 2016, 21:46

Thanks for the speedily reply and quite in-depth ta-boot! honestly I had/haven't even thought about that, I always looked at it as a "what if the raider is popped, I want her(archon) to live" type scenario.. I've done some major.. tweeking to the list after reviewing what you wrote two or three times!

This is what I have finally come up with! Let me know what you think please.

Archon [Blaster, Armour of Misery, Haywire Grenade] 95

Trueborn Warriors [5x Trueborn Warrior] 115
Trueborn Warriors with 4 special weapon's [Blaster's]
Raider [Night Shields, Dark Lance] 70

Kabalite Warriors [4x Kabalite Warrior] 105

Reavers [2xCluster caltrops, 6x Reaver] 126
Scourges [8 Scouregs, 4 Haywire Blasters] 168

Ravager [Dark Lance x3] 125

Thanks,
sKP

-
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2016, 02:17

A much more solid list, for sure. The only changes I would make are the following:

1. Drop the armour of misery. (It's good, but #3 is better, in this case)
2. Drop the lance from the raider(since you'll jink every time it's shot at anyhow).
3. Give your Archon an agonizer.

The agonizer gives that unit a melee option, so that someone who wants to charge and kill that unit has to ACTUALLY commit to CCing that unit with something decent, instead of a space marine sarge with a power fist getting being able to walk in and crush your warlord. The agonizer paired with your high initiative makes it to where they have to at least use termies or characters with invulns to really threaten you in CC, even without you having decent armour. Your archon's armour is his lightning quick AP3 attack! Very Happy

So that you fully understand the idea here: The agonizer isn't necessarily to charge units and kill them in CC. It's primarily a deterrent to discourage others who consider charging your expensive blasterborn unit. But in a pinch, it may win you a combat so you can get back to shooting your blasters.

These changes also put you right at 1500 on the money.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide/how it goes!
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2016, 19:55

If I drop the misery, that free's up 15, Dark lance gives me 5, thats 20, I'm still 5 points short, which would sit me at 1505, I could drop a model from the Scourges..?

Cheers,
sKP

-
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 03 2016, 21:06

You already had 5 available points by my count. Your previous points were only 1495. Wink
Back to top Go down
hydranixx
Wych
hydranixx

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 04:36

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Having 4 blasterborn with 5 rifleborn in a raider with dark lance, night shield, aethersails, and splinterracks is throwing my inner bargain hunter into a fit of penny-pinching rage. Haha.

Well said. I agree 100%, and laughed at, your description Razz

skp wrote:
If I drop the misery, that free's up 15, Dark lance gives me 5, thats 20, I'm still 5 points short, which would sit me at 1505, I could drop a model from the Scourges..?

My instinct is for you to save maximum points and drop the extra 3 models from the unit, keeping them at 5 minimum with 4 Haywires. There's 48 odd points saved.

Their extra splinter carbines are worthless if you're shooting at vehicles, which you will be, and they make deep striking even tougher with their massive wings and big circles..

"Of course you should fight fire with fire! You should fight everything with fire."
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 17:13

hydranixx wrote:

skp wrote:

My instinct is for you to save maximum points and drop the extra 3 models from the unit, keeping them at 5 minimum with 4 Haywires. There's 48 odd points saved.

Their extra splinter carbines are worthless if you're shooting at vehicles, which you will be, and they make deep striking even tougher with their massive wings and big circles..

I generally agree, Hydranixx, and that's how I'd usually run them as well. However, many people's complaints with scourges is that they die far too easily, and since you ARE paying 26 points per model for each haywire blaster, throwing a few ablative wounds in there isn't a terrible idea for people that have the surviveability problem with scourges.

And besides, he already HAS the points he needed. He just forgot about the 5 points he already had available. Very Happy

I don't know what I'd use 48 points for that would be MORE useful in this list. It is the cost of a min-sized reaver squad with no options, but I think the extra bodies in the scourge squad might actually be better than a non-caltrop reaver squad. Those are the reasons I didn't mention it.
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04 2016, 21:25

With a re-count of my list...

Archon [Blaster, Agonizer, Haywire Grenade]

Trueborn Warriors [5x Trueborn Warrior]    
Trueborn Warriors with  4 special weapon's [Blaster's]
Raider [Night Shields]

Scourges [8 Scourges, 4 Haywire Blasters]

Ravager [Dark Lance x3]
Ravager [Dark Lance x3]
Ravager [Dark Lance x3]

TOTAL - 1.453

Cheers,
sKP

-
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 01:39

You're killing me, man. Razz

Please try to keep it in a format that's easy to see where your points are, so that I don't have to check every single unit for math. Like this:

Archon [Blaster, Agonizer, Haywire Grenade] 105

Trueborn Warriors [5x Trueborn Warrior]    185
Trueborn Warriors with  4 special weapon's [Blaster's]
Raider [Night Shields]    

Kabalite Warriors [5x Kabalite Warrior] 105

Scourges [8 Scourges, 4 Haywire Blasters] 168

TOTAL - 1.453 1505

Ok, double-checked your math and you're over by 5 points. Drop the haywire grenade from the archon and you're golden. Very Happy

However, just so you know, it looks like we may be getting the shaft in the most recent GW FAQs, in which they're saying jinking skimmers now cause passengers to snapfire. That's a pretty big nerf directly to Dark Eldar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]   Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Army Lists of my wicked doing. [1,500 points]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2