THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Taji
Slave
Taji

Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not? Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not?   Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 13:34

Hello everyone,

I recently started playing with DE and I`m trying to figure out if the following list would be a competitive one. I currently have nowhere near the amount of vehicles required to actually playtest it, so I`m kinda hoping someone here could, or already tried out something similar.  

Poisoned weapons aren't that great right now, except against Nidz I suppose, so I decided to focus on getting as many Dark Lances and threats on the field.

What do you all think? I'd love some feedback!

Dark Eldar (CAD)
HQ
Lhamaens, Raider - Disintegrator (65 pts)

Troops
5 Kabalite Warriors, Sybarite (Warlord), Raider - Lance (110 pts)
5 Kabalite Warriors, Raider - Lance (100 pts)

Heavy
Ravager - Lances (125 pts)

Realspace Raiders (CAD)
HQ
Lhamaens, Raider - Disintegrator (65 pts)

Troops

Fast
Raider - Lance (60 pts)
Raider - Lance (60 pts)
Raider - Lance (60 pts)
Raider - Lance (60 pts)
Raider - Lance (60 pts)
Raider - Lance (60 pts)

Heavy
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not?   Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 15:54

Taji wrote:

Poisoned weapons aren't that great right now, except against Nidz I suppose

Hi Taji, welcome!

I'd disagree with that sentiment on poison, personally. Nothing has changed about the core statlines of any of the races to make poisoned shooting less effective than it was, and anyone will tell you just how annoying Dark Eldar splinter fire can be. In fact, with all these big monsters stamping about, like the Wraithknight and the Riptide, poisoned shooting might be even more efficient than it was previously. Five warriors with a blaster in a Venom is only five points more than your Raider squads, fires more poisoned shots, the same amount of lance shots (albeit at shorter range) and is easier to hide. Yes, it only has two hull points, but it comes with a 5+ invulnerable save as standard. I'd consider swapping a couple of those Raider squads for Venom ones instead, and (although I know you want to try MSU) amalgamating a couple of the squads into a Raider with splinter racks. A bigger squad will be more survivable and more of a threat late game when their power from pain buffs start stacking up. The damage twenty twin-linked poisoned shots can do is not to be sniffed at either!

I don't see why you'd take the Realspace Raiders detachment just to take empty Raiders unless you were going to load them up with Eldar allies. Perhaps I'm missing a trick here, but I can't see what it is, when for the cost of two of those Raiders you could get a squad of haywire Scourges or a Razorwing (nearly). Maybe some Reavers. It seems to make taking that detachment (which of course doesn't have objective secured) a bit redundant...

Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not?   Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 17:32

You have that many Raiders? Hot damn.

I agree that you should bring some Poison over the lance boats in the RSR detachment. I would also like to see all of those Warriors with Blasters as well.

Hellion
Khordajj

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not?   Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10 2015, 19:57

I love this list so much. Very creative.

As said above you're lacking anti-infantry. Some thoughts to solve that:

• Drop the Disintegrator Cannon Raiders you have on your Lhamaens.
  • Drop the Sybarite.
  • This gives you 120 points.
  • Convert all your Kabalite units to have Venoms instead.
  • You now have 90 points.
  • Add two units of 5 man Kabalites
  • 10 points.
  • Convert two fast attack raiders to Venoms.

This gives you 8 Venoms in lieu of 8 Lances. Just a thought.

Mr Believer wrote:

I'd disagree with that sentiment on poison, personally. Nothing has changed about the core statlines of any of the races to make poisoned shooting less effective than it was, and anyone will tell you just how annoying Dark Eldar splinter fire can be. In fact, with all these big monsters stamping about, like the Wraithknight and the Riptide, poisoned shooting might be even more efficient than it was previously.

Bladestorm does more damage against pretty much anything our poisoned weapons can shoot at, unless it's T8 or has a poor armor save. That doesn't make poison bad (lots of things are bad when compared to Eldar) but it's not as effective as it should be. Trying to kill T3 for instance is cancerously inefficient.

Mr Believer wrote:

I don't see why you'd take the Realspace Raiders detachment just to take empty Raiders unless you were going to load them up with Eldar allies.
It gives him 3 extra heavy support slots for the Ravagers.

Mr Believer wrote:

when for the cost of two of those Raiders you could get a squad of haywire Scourges or a Razorwing (nearly). Maybe some Reavers. It seems to make taking that detachment (which of course doesn't have objective secured) a bit redundant...
Seconded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not?   Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar 1850 MSU - Competitive or not?
Page 1 of 1