THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Formations and IC

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ispa
Hellion
Ispa

Formations and IC Empty
PostSubject: Formations and IC   Formations and IC I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2015, 05:46

can a IC join a formation? does this change the formation.

for example

Grotesquerie
1 Hameonculus
2 units of Grots

Can you add an additional HQ/IC (say another Hamey) and have 1 of each HQ with each unit of grots?

Can you then give both Hamey's WWP and deepstrike both units and still have a legal Grotesquerie
formation?

Arena Champion
Mushkilla

Formations and IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formations and IC   Formations and IC I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2015, 06:41

An IC can join the formation. But can't be bought as part of it. So that second haemi would have to come from another detachment or another formation.

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Ispa
Hellion
Ispa

Formations and IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formations and IC   Formations and IC I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 18 2015, 23:25

So a list like the following

Gotesquerie (1 hamey 2x unit grots) hamey has WWP and deepstrikes in with 1 unit of grots

Dark artisian (Talos, Cronos, Hamey) hamey has WWP and deepstrikes in

2x2 Talos - starts on table

1 hamey - goes with second unit of grots (from the gotesquerie) with WWP and deepstrikes in

Would this be a legal list which would also fall under the Covenite Coterie Detachment.

Basically i am looking at an 1850 version of Mushkilla's list
because at the present my meta has a few fellas running elite small armies. (thunderwolf cav, grey knight termies/NDK, Tau riptides.) and from what i am reading of Mushkilla's battle reps this is the DE version.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

Formations and IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formations and IC   Formations and IC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2015, 11:13

The question your list raises is "where are you getting the Haemy and 2x2 Talos from?"
The Covenite Coterie Detachment requires 2 elites choices, and you haven't filled them out. Unit that are part of formations can not also be part of other detachments, so to get the second Haemonculus you'd need to take two Elites units instead of 2 units of Talos.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

Formations and IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formations and IC   Formations and IC I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 19 2015, 11:21

Ispa wrote:
So a list like the following

Gotesquerie (1 hamey 2x unit grots) hamey has WWP and deepstrikes in with 1 unit of grots

Dark artisian (Talos, Cronos, Hamey) hamey has WWP and deepstrikes in

2x2 Talos - starts on table

1 hamey - goes with second unit of grots (from the gotesquerie) with WWP and deepstrikes in

Would this be a legal list which would also fall under the Covenite Coterie Detachment.

Basically i am looking at an 1850 version of Mushkilla's list
because at the present my meta has a few fellas running elite small armies. (thunderwolf cav, grey knight termies/NDK, Tau riptides.) and from what i am reading of Mushkilla's battle reps this is the DE version.

Your list wouldn't be legal. Units cannot be part of more than one detachment so the units in the Grotesquerie and Dark Artisan do not count towards your Covenite Coterie Detachment.

You could take a Scarlet Epicureans formation, which gives you your second Haem to go with the grots and see if you could squeeze an extra Talos in to make the Corpsethief formation (5 x Talos).

Sponsored content

Formations and IC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Formations and IC   Formations and IC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Formations and IC
Page 1 of 1