THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Local ITC Tourney

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 21:24

Hello, We are hosting our first local ITC event and I would like some opinions on my list. Grotesques and Succubus, would deepstrike in the Tantalus.

Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (1846pts)

HQ
Succubus - Archite glaive, HG, WWP

Elites

Incubi:
3x Incubi
Klaivex
Raider - Dark Lance (Night Shield)

Incubi:
3x Incubi
Klaivex
Raider - Dark Lance (Night Shield)

Troops
Kabalite Warriors:
4x Kabalite Warrior
1x Kabalite Warrior - Blaster
Venom - Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Warriors:
4x Kabalite Warrior
Venom - Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Warriors:
4x Kabalite Warrior
Venom - Splinter Cannon

Fast Attack

Reavers:
1x Cluster caltrops, 3x Reaver

1x Cluster caltrops, 3x Reaver

Raider w\Lance

Heavy Support
Ravager - Lances x3 (Night Shield)

Ravager - Lances x3 (Night Shield)

Ravager - Disintegrators x3 (Night Shield)

ELDAR Aspect Host Formation
Dark Reapers x 4
Dark Reaper Exarch w\Missle Launcher

Fire Dragons x 6
Fire Dragon Exarch

War Spiders x 4
Warp Spider Exarch

Thanks in advance

Last edited by mrmagoo on Tue Aug 18 2015, 20:07; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07 2015, 21:48

I like it but there are a few suggestions I have.

Succubus + grots I like and who can say no to a tantalus if you got the model. I would lose the liquifiers though, too little impact for their cost. Plus since the tantalus can scythevane when moving flat out its either them or the scythevane ability and the latter is better considering the assault contents. I also feel the WWP is wasted points for reasons above plus the usual argument regarding DSing assault units.

The dark lances on raiders with assault contents I don't like unless I just can't fit proper AT anywhere else. They will be boosting and jinking or else wasting those options to shoot 1 lance shot (same is true of the disi but its free). Others may feel different but just something to consider. If you feel you absolutely need those lances (probably do) the other alternative would be to put the warriors in the boats for double lance duty while the incubi ride the venoms.

Or save the points from everything above and get at least a unit of scourges. Heat lances on min sized bike squads are another option.

The biggest standout to me though is the wyches. Whats the reason for these girls again?
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 00:50

Thank you sir,  I liked most of your ideas.  

The only thing I didnt like was the removal of the lances.   This tourney will have a showing of a lot of knights and Wraithknights.   I need all the Tank busting I can.  

So here is what I did.
Dropped WWP
Dropped Liquifiers on all grotesques
Switched both wych squads to Warriors
Dropped a reaver squad
Switched a ravager to disintegrators
Added a squad of Scourge

I have updated the list above.

PS for other that Want to comment.   I only own 3 Venoms.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 06:45

I would drop one reaver, you only need 3 to take cc. And try to take an additional scourge. Maybe that way one of these Haywire guns will survive a little bit longer. And you'll need it.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 13:36

Good thoughts.   My Ideal solution would be to drop the Reaver and get anouther squad of reavers. Only issue there is I couldnt drop points elsewhere to cover it.

Maybe Drop the Animus Vitae but that only covers 1 more bike.

Ok Made another Change.
Removed a Squad of Warriors
Added a squad of reavers.
Gave the grotesques a Raider  Raider will be empty as the Grotesques will be in the Tantalus.
Gave the Succubus Haywire Grenades just because I didnt know what to do with 9 points. Smile
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 15:29

What do you put into the Tantalus?
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 16:41

The grotesques will actually go in the Tantalus.   Yes I paid for a raider for them but that is just to have another vehicle running around.  They will be in the tantalus.

I thought about switching over to a Real Space Raiders Detachment and making it a fast attack option but I rely a lot on my 8 Objective Secure units.

4 warrior squads
4 Transports
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 17:44

Stick with objective secured. That's really useful. I like the list, but I don't get why you took the animus? It's a big gamble.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 20:19

Yes it is, and to be honest, if I could drop it to really get something useful, I would. I could drop the Animus, the HG and the Raider for the Grotesques. I would take a another 5 Man warrior squad w\Balster in a Raider. But I am like 26 point over if I do that. I am all ears to come up with those 26 points to drop.

Or switch out with something else. IE Helm of Spite, Armor of Misery?

Armour is nice but I dont really have any leadership shenanigans going on so.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 20:55

Drop it and try to squeeze in the archangel of Pain? Or a shadow field?
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08 2015, 22:39

Succubus cant take a Shadowfield. and I never liked the Archangel. Its doesnt effect marines, or anything that is fearless. That is 75% of the stuff out there.
Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 04:43

I'd lose the grots raider and the animus. Get armour for the succy in case she catches a stray one or two. The rest could turn that warrior unit into a full splinter wrack boat. You could also squeeze some guns on those reavers. Good for popping pods and other light work.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09 2015, 14:17

Well Last night I played a practice game against a Guardsman and 1 things became painfully obvious.   I NEED FLIER SUPPORT!

So I am going to redo my list just to get a Razorwing in there.

Will have to look and see what I can.  

One thing to point out is I switched the Animus for the Helm of Spite just before the game.  After looking the Animus just stinks.  

I liked the helm as it may pretty much forced him to deploy his Centurians away from it.

List Changes-
Drop Helm of spite/Animus Vitae
Drop 3 Man Reaver squad
Drop Raider for Grotesques
Added Razorwing Jetfighter 2 Lances, Splintercannon
Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 07:52

Two razorwings are way more effective than two. One doesn't add much, but two will make your opponent want to jink
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 15:23

Yes I would like to Take 2 Razorwings but what to sacrifice for another.  Only thing that I really could drop would be the Scourges plus something else..  

1. I would have to drop a Fast Attack Choice.
2. The amounts of points is just to expensive.

I think with that being said I will stick to 1.

I will listen to any and all suggestions/Thoughts? I have 4000 Points in Dark Eldar.

I have been playing Dark Eldar since they were introduced in the Box set in 3rd edition which is how I got started. A friend and I bought the starter set and he took the marines and I took the Dark Eldar, been playing ever since.

Only thing I don't have is Mandrakes.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10 2015, 16:33

If you want to have mandrake, buy the vampire spirit hosts. A single one on a base as a mandrake is great.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18 2015, 20:43

OK, I thank everyone that helped in this list. BUT, I took a 1500 point version of this to a local tourney. Really minus scourges and Razorwing.

Here is how the day went. Doing this from memory
Game 1,
Marines, W\Knight Warden, 2 squads of Centurions in Drop Pods one with Tigerius(Gate, Invis, Percence), 3 Squads a 5 man Tac squads in drop pods, 1 scout squad. Felt the scout squad was just left over points.

I pretty much wiped him, He surrendered turn 4 with nothing but Drop Pods left.. Knight was dead turn 2.

Game 2
Brass Scorpian, Skyshield landing pad, and a bunch of deamons. Squad of screamers, 2 Squads of Pink horrers, Chaos Sorcerer and Cultists.

This was rough and the main reason for changes to my list. BRASS SCORPIAN. OMG I hate that thing. I caused 2 wounds to it but he healed them both. Model that can shoot at 4 seperate targets and 3 of those guns ignore cover. I actually won the Maelstrom mission but only because I dominated that early on and then ran for the corners to avoid this thing. He won overall though so Nothing I can do there. He pretty much hid everything behind a big rock and let the scorpian control the field.

Game 3
Deamons, Fateweaver, 2 Squads of Pink Horrors, 20 man squad of the Khorne dogs, 6 Man Squad of plague drones, Hearld on Palidrone

This was slaughter on his part. But I got extremely lucky with the Plague drones. I got first turn and I killed dogs. Like 7-8 of them. He moved everything up minus Horrors. Turn 2 the Grotesques charge the Plague drones and I get 6 Instand deaths and he failed 4 of his 3+ Inv Saves(Grimwar) and his FNP from Herald. Just bad luck, lost another Plague drone to the rest of the attacks and then lost the rest from the failed leadership. -15 to your leadership hurts when you are making the roll. Smile Also Fateweaver came on and took 3 wounds,grounded and failed his last. Bad game for deamons.

So Here is what I took from this.

1 Tantalus while a beautiful model just didn't do all the much for the 215 point cost. So it had to go. It just not the Competitve thing it needs to be for ITC Tournies. I will still use it in Friendly tournies and leagues.

I loved the Grotesques. I love them but I cant just get them in the list. I am deffinatly up for ideas here to get them back in.

I NEED more anti tank. That Brass Scorpian just messed me up and I know that the ITC tourney will have others like this.

So Please check out the new list and let me know what you think. Adding Eldar Aspect host Formation.

Back to top Go down
Nariaklizhar
Sybarite

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18 2015, 21:09

In this new list with the aspect, is the Succubus running with the fire dragons? I'd so, take an archon with blaster and wwp instead. That's the only thing I would change. Looks a lot like my list actually. Except I prefer gun boats instead of venoms. I put dissys on the raiders and the run all dl ravagers
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18 2015, 21:11

I am actually leaning more to GUN boats myself. As the guys inside are immune to Jinking most of the time but I also like the sheer number of vehicles as well.

Back to top Go down
Brom
Wych

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2015, 04:12

It wouldn't be too difficult to fit the grots actually. The bigger issue is you'd need another hq to babysit and now the wwp is essential due to FDs. In this context I'm not sure it's worth the tax. If you were to try to fit them I'd start with a unit of incubi since their function overlaps. The reapers could also stand to lose a model. Lastly night shields on lance ravs are debatable. Just some thoughts. Overall I like this iteration it should serve you pretty well.
Back to top Go down
mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19 2015, 04:21

I played a game tonight with this list against a Heavy Troop Guard army.   He has 30 Man Conscripts w\Priest. 30 Man squad with 3 Lazcannons, 3 Auto Cannons, Cammand squad with Master of the Fleet, Valkerie with veteran squad, Vendetta with 10 man squad, 3 Sabres with 6 gunners, 3 Wyverns 3 Centerions in a drop pod with Tigerius and 5 Man scout squad.

Fire Dragons  Pretty much paid for themselves, their ride and the Succubus with WWP.  They dropped in and Unfortunatly there ride was blown up to interceptor and 1 dragon died.  They proceeded to Killed the 3 Wyverns causing 2 to explode.  Killing like 10 Guards man, 2 Scouts, 1 Incubi(yes they were close)  They then were shot up and lost all but 1 lone guy who proceeded to shoot down a Valkerie.   Still alive at the end of the game.

Warp Spiders I was not to impressed with.  But that was pretty much my fault.  I placed them in a position to help with the Wyrens as they were my biggest threat. So once the Firedragons killed them off they didnt have any good targets.  So they spent most of the game playing tag with Conscripts.  Shooting and charging, Running shooting charging.   Conscripts were all killed but only 1 spider left.

Reapers killed the Centerions but that was about it.  

It was a fun game.  I love the Fire Dragons, especially against Knights and using the Raider Trick placement in the deepstrike.  That should be fun.

BROM --------------
Yes that is my only issue with Grots. You have to pay the tax to get a character to keep them from running. They are only I5. So unless you take them from the Coven book they need a leader. Which is why I am working toward a groterserie. I just dont have the models now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Local ITC Tourney Empty
PostSubject: Re: Local ITC Tourney   Local ITC Tourney I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Local ITC Tourney
Page 1 of 1