THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New IA's Revenant Titan rules

Go down 
+3
Ubernoob1
Thor665
Hellstrom
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

New IA's Revenant Titan rules Empty
PostSubject: New IA's Revenant Titan rules   New IA's Revenant Titan rules I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 15:41

https://i.servimg.com/u/f21/19/34/28/41/12143110.jpg

How does this affect our use???
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New IA's Revenant Titan rules   New IA's Revenant Titan rules I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 16:49

Don't think it does.
We were just given the right to use Phantom and Revenant Eldar Titans.

Though if you want to field Super Heavy options - I'd suggest taking Wraithknights, as they are practically just as good and massively less expensive.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: New IA's Revenant Titan rules   New IA's Revenant Titan rules I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20 2015, 18:05

I don't like taking Eldar Allies if I can avoid it. The problem is that the (image above) new IA shows only Eldar and LoW on the page .... so, just because it's the same name as the one in Escalation, can we still use the rules? If so, how do I argue this to an opponent?
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: New IA's Revenant Titan rules   New IA's Revenant Titan rules I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26 2015, 15:18

Where does anything say we can use the Phantom?

Also I've met several players that have argued that escalation rules have to be specifically used, like for the warlord traits and such. And thus by that argument without actually playing escalation with an escalation detatchment then dark eldar already can't use the revenant titan and almost certainly won't with the update as shown.
Back to top Go down
Hellstrom
Wych
Hellstrom

PostSubject: Re: New IA's Revenant Titan rules   New IA's Revenant Titan rules I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 09:23

"Escalation is not an expansion that needs to be Ok'd by your opponent anymore than using any standard codex or codex supplement. That being said, there will be people that refuse to play against these units, and there is nothing wrong with that, just like there is nothing wrong with not wanting to play against a Chaos Daemons list"

Quote from Natfka. Worded better than I can Smile
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New IA's Revenant Titan rules   New IA's Revenant Titan rules I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 09:24

Ubernoob1 wrote:
Where does anything say we can use the Phantom?

You have an excellent point there.
THe only thing I could find was the Escalation FAQ which gave us Revenants:
http://www.blacklibrary.com/Downloads/Product/PDF/Warhammer-40k/7th-faq/Escalation_ver_1.1.pdf
Technically it also gives Eldar Revenants, but Phantoms are locked to Apocalypse only.

Ubernoob1 wrote:
Also I've met several players that have argued that escalation rules have to be specifically used, like for the warlord traits and such. And thus by that argument without actually playing escalation with an escalation detatchment then dark eldar already can't use the revenant titan and almost certainly won't with the update as shown.

Both Escalation AND Warlord Traits are not optional parts of the game. They are part of the core rules.
In friendly games players can of course choose not to use them, but they are as optional as the rest of the rules game. Saying Escalation is optional would be the same as saying Supplements are optional, or Data-Slates, or Flyers, or Fortifications, etc.
{Part of the core here is that all of the rules for Escalation are in the core rulebook now. They're not in a seperate book at all. Escalation, and Lords of War, are part of the core game.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: New IA's Revenant Titan rules   New IA's Revenant Titan rules I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 09:28

Back on the Revenant though, the only change I can see in the rules here is the addition of 'Wraith Titan'. WHich of course sounds awesome, until you take into account that nothing should be harging you anyway., If you're being charged by something not already listed as exempt from these rules, then your opponent is either doing it wrong or trying to bog you down by wasting a horde unit.
No pointschange, or stats, or weapons, so I don't think how the Revenant is used will change at all.
(Still able to get one nito 1000pts! Score!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
jbwms713
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: New IA's Revenant Titan rules   New IA's Revenant Titan rules I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 13:43

To me, this appears to be a simple rules update to the existing Revenant, which DE were granted access to in the Escalation book (which, as mentioned, was released as an extension of the core rules, not an optional expansion). Worth noting, was the Revenant listed as "Eldar only" in the Escalation book? With only the FAQ to give DE access? In which case this new bit is no different.

Anyway, that's the logic I would use here... new dataslate is simply a new dataslate for the rules, but the original FAQ giving DE access to it (as the only super-heavy/LOW they have) still stands... basically you can glue this page over the page in the escalation book, but the FAQ for the escalation book is still applicable, because you're still effectively referencing said book...

eeff... I probably got a little convoluted there. But anyway.

Opponents and/or TO will surely have a word about it, so check with them if it's a concern.
Back to top Go down
Klaivex Charondyr
Wych
Klaivex Charondyr

PostSubject: Re: New IA's Revenant Titan rules   New IA's Revenant Titan rules I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27 2015, 13:52

Quote :
(which, as mentioned, was released as an extension of the core rules, not an optional expansion).

An extension to the 6th edition BRB.
It introduced the LoW slot (which was not there before) and rules to count VP against LoW.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New IA's Revenant Titan rules   New IA's Revenant Titan rules I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29 2015, 15:39

The Escalation FAQ says:

Quote :
The datasheets presented in this book describe units with the Lords of War Battlefield Role. These can be included in your army as described in the Choosing an Army section of Warhammer 40,000: The Rules.The Lords of War units presented in this book have the following Factions:
Revenant Titan - Eldar or Dark Eldar

Strictly speaking, that would mean that only the Revenant in Escalation could be used but I think someone would have to be pretty mean to say that you could not use an updated ruleset for the same bloody model!

As for whether you have to use the other Escalation rules in order to use a Revenant (or other LoW), you do not. Again, from the Escalation FAQ:

Quote :
This book also includes Altar of War: Escalation (page 84) and Gauntlet Challenge Missions (page 92). These missions may use the Escalation mission special rule 'Impending Doom' and the Escalation Secondary Objective 'Through Attrition, Victory', which are described below.

Furthermore, if you are playing an Altar of War: Escalation or Gauntlet Challenge mission and your opponent has a Lords of War unit as part of their army, your Warlord can choose to roll on the Escalation Warlord Traits table shown right instead of one of the Warlord Traits normally available to your Warlord.’

So you only get +1 to Seize, 1VP per HP/Wound inflicted or Warlord Trait if you are playing one of the stated missions from Escalation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New IA's Revenant Titan rules   New IA's Revenant Titan rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New IA's Revenant Titan rules
Page 1 of 1