THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New army paint scheme

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

New army paint scheme Empty
PostSubject: New army paint scheme   New army paint scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13 2015, 06:48

Well, I don't know if i have all the paints for it but if i do I'll paint a model tomorrow after school as a test. But here's my idea for a new paint scheme since i'm starting a brand new DE army.

I want to do a rustic theme. So rust, chipped paint.

For the two big colors I want to do a Reddish/Brown color contrasting with a 90%greenish/10%bluish color. Yeah that's descriptive lol.

Anyways, I was wondering if these two would go well together. Another idea is whitish/tan with reddish/brown.

Opinions on which would look more appealing to the eye? I'm leaning towards the first option.
Back to top Go down
Gamlin777
Slave
Gamlin777

PostSubject: Re: New army paint scheme   New army paint scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13 2015, 18:19

Lord_Alino wrote:

For the two big colors I want to do a Reddish/Brown color contrasting with a 90%greenish/10%bluish color. Yeah that's descriptive lol.

Anyways, I was wondering if these two would go well together. Another idea is whitish/tan with reddish/brown.

I agree, the first one would have a nice variation of contrasting color yet suited depending how you do them. Using the whiteish/tan alongside a rusty aesthetic might look a bit same-ey after a while. Looking forward to seeing your progress! Good luck.

Last edited by Gamlin777 on Fri Nov 13 2015, 18:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: New army paint scheme   New army paint scheme I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13 2015, 21:38

Alright, thanks for the help
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: New army paint scheme   New army paint scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14 2015, 07:17

Do you think I could make Incubi Darkness (And other close colors) and Xereus Purple work in a rustic feel? They were the original colors for my first army and they're what i'm best at painting. And when I tried to do Red/Brown and Blue/Green I ended up with a santa wych

Maybe a paint scheme like this guy's. I really liked it http://grimdarkrealms.blogspot.com/2014/09/razorwing-jet-fighter-dark-eldar.html#.Vkbr_7erSCg
Back to top Go down
skp
Hellion
skp

PostSubject: Re: New army paint scheme   New army paint scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14 2015, 08:49

I'd suggest looking at the wheel below, you take a colour and the opposite side will go well with it, now obviously this isn't GW paints directly, but a near match would be sufficent, best of luck Alino.

New army paint scheme Big-Wheel

sKP

-
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: New army paint scheme   New army paint scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14 2015, 09:30

Thank you for the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New army paint scheme   New army paint scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New army paint scheme
Page 1 of 1