THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

My Paint Scheme

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DrunkinChaps44
Slave
DrunkinChaps44

My Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: My Paint Scheme   My Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2019, 00:57

I finished a few squads using the Kabal of Last Hatred color scheme. I like how they turned out but I'm struggling with a few details. I decided to try for a "ferric mud" base by using Stirland Mud with a heavy drybrush rust color followed by a light bone color. I'm happy with the result, but the model is very dark overall. I'm looking for tips on how to brighten it up. I'm looking for anything from whole new base scheme (not preferred), to different rim colors or grass tufts. I'm thinking of light brown grass and a much lighter rim color, but I'm pretty terrible at predicting how the colors will work off one another.

Second question is on the brass pods for the guns. I'm not completely sold on it but I can't think of anything better.

Sorry for the shoddy photography

My Paint Scheme Img_2010
My Paint Scheme Img_2012
My Paint Scheme Img_2011
Back to top Go down
Uki_Uki_Cinnay
Slave
Uki_Uki_Cinnay

My Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint Scheme   My Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2019, 08:52

I like them alot!

For the bases light brown tufts sound great, but i wouldnt change the rim colour,
black looks good and i feel like if you do them brown it would just be brown in brown.
To make the models pop more i would either go a bit lighter on the eyes or the drug tubes (if they are drug tubes for you).
Maybe if you are into it you could paint the tube thingy in the rifles in a brighter colour but honestly i dont think its missing much, the light blue goes really well with the purple armor^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.instagram.com/uki_uki_cinnay/?hl=de
DrunkinChaps44
Slave
DrunkinChaps44

My Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint Scheme   My Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29 2019, 14:33

I really like the blue and purple combo as well. Interesting that you brought up the drug tubes. Like the pods on the guns, I didn't really know what to go with for them. I keep thinking either a glowing or translucent blue or green. I don't really want to use blue because I already feature that prominently elsewhere. I'm avoiding green because of the Barney effect. Maybe I could tie in a orange type color to match the eyes and the hue of the base.
Back to top Go down
Serpent Fly
Hellion
Serpent Fly

My Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint Scheme   My Paint Scheme I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14 2019, 19:39

I really like the colour scheme. I do think green or brown tufts will brighten the base, but still keep the mud theme. And I also agree that the rim looks fine with black. A yellow would be a big contrast for the eyes and pods, however it might not be to your taste. Orange could work well also.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Paint Scheme Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Paint Scheme   My Paint Scheme I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Paint Scheme
Page 1 of 1