THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kyryn79
Slave
kyryn79

Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list Empty
PostSubject: Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list   Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 20 2016, 12:34

Hi

After trying a pure Eldar list in local friendly games, i want to try a different aproach, increasing the number of threats to the adversary in different ways.
So this is the list. Thanks in advance...

ELDAR
HQ
Farseer Skyrunner + singing spear - 120pts

TROOPS
5x Windriders w/ scatter laser- 135pts (goes with Farseer)
3x Windriders w/ scatter laser - 81pts
3x Windriders w/scatter laser - 81pts

ELITES
Wraithguard (5)W/ D-Scythe - 210pts

FAST ATTACK
Hornet (1) w/ 2 pulse laser - 80pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Dark Reapers (4) w/ Exarch e Starshot - 147pts
2x War Walkers w/ 2x2 bright lance - 140pts
Night Spinner - 100pts

LORD OF WAR
Wraithknight w/ Sword and shield - 295pts

DARK ELDAR
HQ
3X Lhamaen - 30pts
5x Sslyth - 125pts
w/ Raider w/ splnter racks -55+15

TROOPS
5X Kabalite w/ venom w7 2x splinter cannon- 105pts

FAST ATTACK
Raider - 55pts (goes with Wraithguard)

Total: 1849pts

The idea beyond this list, is to have multiple threats to my adversary, with different aproachs and multiple units that can backup each other with enough shots, mainly Str 8 to open vehicles.
Anny comments are welcome!!
Thanks

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list   Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21 2016, 00:41

I'd drop your 4th dark reaper to give that squad starshot missiles on all of them, leaving you 10 unspent points if your numbers are correct.

Then I'd drop all 3 Lhameans and the fast attack raider to add an archon with a WWP to your wraithguard. Deep striking them in is going to be your best bet to do heavy damage with them. Any competent opponent will identify them as a major threat and dump every shot they have into stopping their transport if you put them on the table.

As long as all your other points are correct, that should put you right at 1850.
Back to top Go down
kyryn79
Slave
kyryn79

PostSubject: Re: Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list   Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22 2016, 15:53

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.
The Dark Reapers allready have the starshot upgrade.
The main idea beyond this list is to try to put everything in the table, so that the opponent have so many threats, with different approachs. With this, i have a melee wraithknight that can move 24" with 5 Str D attacks on the charge, 5 d-schytes in a raider, that can also move 24" to backup the Knight in the next turn, the Sslyth for those that dont know them will be a surprise. The Venom and the Farseer will be the shooting backup teams.
The deepstriking wraithguard are a good idea, but deepstriking them only will give me 3 templates shots and since they cant split fire, I will have a extremely vulnerable and expensive unit after they came in.
The Sslyth due to their low Ld, they need to be attached to someone, and since the raider give the opportunity to assault, and their weapons are assault, I have a both shooting with twin linked weapons and assault unit.

But following your idea, I made this list:

ELDAR
HQ
Farseer Skyrunner + stone - 130pts

TROOPS
3x Windriders w/ scatter laser- 81pts (goes with Farseer)
3x Windriders w/ scatter laser - 81pts
3x Windriders w/scatter laser - 81pts

ELITES
Wraithguard (5)W/ D-Scythe - 210pts + Wave Serpent w/ scatter laser - 115 pts

FAST ATTACK
Warp Spider w/ Exarch - 105pts

HEAVY SUPPORT
Dark Reapers (4) w/ Exarch e Starshot - 147pts
2x War Walkers w/ 2x2 bright lance - 140pts
Night Spinner - 100pts

LORD OF WAR
Wraithknight w/ Sword and shield - 295pts

DARK ELDAR
HQ
Archon w/ WWP an schredder  - 100pts

TROOPS
5X Kabalite w/ venom w/ 2x splinter cannon- 105pts

Total: 1850pts

The Wave serpent goes with the wraith and archon w/ WWP, so that after deepstrike, they came out, the serpent blocks part of the LOS of the adversary and in the shooting, all the 5 wraith can shoot. If they survive the adversary shooting turn, and the wave serpent also survives, they have a ride to go elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list   Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 22 2016, 18:39

kyryn79 wrote:

The deepstriking wraithguard are a good idea, but deepstriking them only will give me 3 templates shots and since they cant split fire, I will have a extremely vulnerable and expensive unit after they came in.

Open your book and follow the rules for template weapons. You put the small end of the template from the model's weapon, and cover as many of the primary target's models as possible without hitting any friendly models. You are allowed to hit models from other enemy units as long as you follow the previous rule.

Since deep striking will likely make the number of models you can attack from your primary target ZERO on a couple models, you're basically free to have the models who can't hit your primary target "split fire" at a different target within range based on the template rules. Wink

P.S. I'm going from memory here, so I encourage you to look at the book to verify. Let me know if I'm wrong! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

PostSubject: Re: Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list   Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23 2016, 11:23

"Since deep striking will likely make the number of models you can attack from your primary target ZERO on a couple models, you're basically free to have the models who can't hit your primary target "split fire" at a different target within range based on the template rules"

Well i cant find anything against it, yet nothing for it. Would be awesome if thats how it is, any one have some more info on this?
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list   Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24 2016, 00:02

Sure, here is the rule copy/pasted directly from the rulebook:

40k Rulebook wrote:

Template weapons are indicated by having the word ‘Template’ for their range instead of a number. Instead of rolling To Hit, simply place the template so that its narrow end is touching the base of the firing model and the rest of the template covers as many models in the target unit as possible, without touching any other friendly models (including other models from the firing model’s unit). Any models fully or partially under the template are hit.
Back to top Go down
zergavas
Kabalite Warrior
zergavas

PostSubject: Re: Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list   Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 24 2016, 00:07

Yes well, have anyone tried doing this in a tournament?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list   Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar + Dark Eldar 1850pts tournament list
Page 1 of 1