THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

NEW (First Draft FAQs!

Go down 
+43
Adma
Thor665
Tounguekutter
amorrowlyday
megatrons2nd
Rokuro
nerdelemental
The_Burning_Eye
The Red King
doriii
Rewind
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Barking Agatha
Klaivex Charondyr
Ultimatejet
Alvaneron
1++
BetrayTheWorld
Imateria
Kantalla
flakmonkey
mrmagoo
Creeping Darkness
Obscurio
Massaen
Painjunky
Count Adhemar
hydranixx
Calyptra
CptMetal
WhysoSully
The Shredder
Deathwasp11
Marrath
Jimsolo
Squidmaster
stilgar27
Azdrubael
CurstAlchemist
Skulnbonz
Taffy10
PriorofDeath
krayd
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 07:25

Jimsolo wrote:
I did notice Freakshows are going to take it up the pooper since MoS and AoM don't project out of vehicles anymore.

That's okay, you couldn't have the MoS in a vehicle anyway as Battle Brothers can't embark on allied transports anymore.

Honestly, this feels more like a rules rewrite than a FAQ. Many of these 'FAQ's' are flat out rules changes.

WhysoSully
Kabalite Warrior
WhysoSully

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 07:27

Jimsolo wrote:
I did notice Freakshows are going to take it up the pooper since MoS and AoM don't project out of vehicles anymore.

At least we wont have to deal with people saying we have to roll to hit with shriek.

I guess we have to wwp though.

@hydranixx I understand MSU.  Its just with people having an increasing number of saves poison tends too lack.  I cant invest in that much poison when it does absolutely nothing to tanks, skimmers, walkers, or fighters/bombers/attack fighters and then only affects the bigs guys on a 6.
An 81 point squad of windriders has 12 chances too pen you and is a troops choice. Hell even the average marine can kill our vehicles (hell you could swap him to the imperial and easily kill our skimmers for free)

I am not saying it cant work I am saying that with air being able too freely target skimmers and jetbikes while also having our jink options reduced it makes us worse than we were before.

We just need some codex lovin.  I am not throwing in the towel, but I am not happy either  lol!

@Count Adhemar  We were joking earlier that it was GW interns asked last minutes to quickly write this up lol.  I have faith that we are not the only unhappy ones, they might have included just enough to piss everyone off about something lmao.

Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 08:28

We definitely took a hit here and there but really nothing we can't deal with.  Other armies got it much worse....

Some tournament level units and lists got gutted!

Overall I'm happy with this actually. It cleans up some of the clutter.

Looking forward to the army specific FAQs. Cool
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 08:41

I fall into the "I never jink anyway" group and still 100% support this as first choice. As such, the change to passengers has zero effect on me.

I think just about the whole document is solid - bar a few weird ones like the grenades ruling. I also prefer them engaging us on the rulings - someone earlier was upset by that?

Seriously - GW simply can not win. They engage with the community as they have been asked to do after years of apathy and suddenly its them getting us to proof read? A company wanting its customers to have input on a product they are passionate about and who have vocally asked for that to become an option? The nerve! Rolling Eyes

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 08:47

I love the FAQ and I love the engagement with players and right now I am totally high on Marine player pain. Or at least Marine player butthurt.

I'm giddy! I need popcorn.

Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 09:34

What Space Marine Pain? Did I miss something?

The more I think about the jink rule change, the less I'm worried. My Venom never jink anyway and the Raider just has to stick to cover.

Just sad about Armour of Misery and vehicles though. So it will be a flat out and get out, shielded by a huge squad of grotesques and the shadow field archon in front.

One question because I don't have the rule book with me atm:
Can a Medusa use its template weapon in a jinking Raider now?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 09:47

CptMetal wrote:
Can a Medusa use its template weapon in a jinking Raider now?

No, as the unit has to snap fire and you can't use templates when snap firing

Obscurio
Slave
Obscurio

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 09:52

Calyptra wrote:
I love the FAQ and I love the engagement with players and right now I am totally high on Marine player pain. Or at least Marine player butthurt.

I'm giddy! I need popcorn.

Where is my upvote button!

Same boat here, I never Jink and the marine tears are Joyous.

The grenade FAQ is right imo. It would seem most people didn't notice the change in wording from 6th Ed. As ours was one of the first 7th Ed Codex, the change to haywire options on witches actually makes sense. The studio probably thought, "why make witches pay for a unit upgrade when only 1 model can use it per phase?"

6th Ed Rulebook
Some grenades can be used both in the Shooting phase and the Assault phase, albeit to different effect. Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per Shooting phase."

7th Ed Rulebook
"Some grenades can be used to make shooting attacks or attacks in the Fight sub-phase, albeit to different effect. Only one grenade (of any type) can be thrown by a unit per phase. "
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 09:58

So can we still throw one and use it in close combat afterwards? If so, witches still might be an option. Not a good one but nevertheless...

Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 10:05

Calyptra wrote:
Librarius got nerfed, as did psychic spam in general.

How did psychics get nerfed? Am working and skimming when i get the chance.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 10:15

Painjunky wrote:
Calyptra wrote:
Librarius got nerfed, as did psychic spam in general.

How did psychics get nerfed? Am working and skimming when i get the chance.

Units containing more than one caster with the same power cannot cast that power more than once (which is exactly what it already said in bold in the rules, but some people seemed to think that wasn't the case).

Psykers cannot cast more powers per turn than their mastery level.

Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 10:28

Ahhh, thanks CA... Not great, was hoping for more nerf for this stupid phase.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 10:34

Khorne Daemonkin have had a massive boost as they can now summon a Gliding Bloodthirster - so it can attack on the turn it arrives!

The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 11:06

Calyptra wrote:
That said, shadowfields got better

Bear in mind that, for this to be the case, GW will also have to remove the ruling for Shadowfield in the DE faq. Otherwise, Shadowfield will remain the exception and this upcoming faq will change nothing.

WhysoSully wrote:

Basically its not the value of my models or how much I paid or how much I might get for them,  its the fact that I paid for an expected experience and the company providing the items changed their use to the point its not what I paid for anymore.  It would be one thing if it was a new edition or they changed the codex, but there is no logical reason for this much of a nerf and the fact that they wont even acknowledge what they are doing.

Sorry to break this to you, but that sort of thing is par for the course with GW.

The only hope I can offer is that this is just a draft faq, so the Jink thing might change before it becomes official.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 11:15

The Shredder wrote:
The only hope I can offer is that this is just a draft faq, so the Jink thing might change before it becomes official.

Sadly I can actually see that this was probably their intent all along. It does make sense from a 'realistic' perspective (and yes, I know we're talking realism in a sci-fi toy soldiers game). It still utterly screws us but I can't see them changing it.

Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 12:16

Another vote for "I'm loving it!" here. Between the nerfs to Battle Brothers, letting flyers shoot blast markers at each other and the multiple RAI vs RAW tidy-ups it's great. Delicious Marine tears are also welcome Very Happy

CptMetal wrote:
So can we still throw one and use it in close combat afterwards? If so, witches still might be an option. Not a good one but nevertheless...

Yep, a separate clarification mentions that weapons which operate in shooting or assault can be used in both during the same turn. Shining spears and Triarch Praetorians rejoice!

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 12:41

Count Adhemar wrote:
Khorne Daemonkin have had a massive boost as they can now summon a Gliding Bloodthirster - so it can attack on the turn it arrives!

Any unit arriving from reserves are not allowed to assault the same turn. Does some Daemonkin rule override that?

Before, it was the thirster would arrive say turn 2,
turn 3 it would drop to gliding
turn 4 it could assault.

Now it seems to be turn 2 arrive
turn 3 assault

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 12:44

Skulnbonz wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:

Any unit arriving from reserves are not allowed to assault the same turn. Does some Daemonkin rule override that?

Before, it was the thirster would arrive say turn 2,
turn 3 it would drop to gliding
turn 4 it could assault.

Now it seems to be turn 2 arrive
turn 3 assault

Oops, my bad! Yes, you still have to wait one turn to assault, rather than 2 turns previously.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 14:39

Count Adhemar wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:

That's okay, you couldn't have the MoS in a vehicle anyway as Battle Brothers can't embark on allied transports anymore.

Honestly, this feels more like a rules rewrite than a FAQ. Many of these 'FAQ's' are flat out rules changes.

Battle Brothers can still embark on allied transports. They just can't deploy as embarked.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 14:45

Given that one of our signature abilities is that we can accurately deep strike (WWP), that's still a pretty major kick in the 'nads for Freakshows.

mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 15:20

This also "kicks marines in the nads" so this probably will not stay.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 15:30

Speaking of, did I misread, or can WWP no longer cover DS to a unit?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 15:35

mrmagoo wrote:
This also "kicks marines in the nads"  so this probably will not stay.

Bolter & Chainsword is going slightly ballistic about it, which is amusing to watch. Very Happy

Jimsolo wrote:

I've not seen that anywhere!

mrmagoo
Sybarite
mrmagoo

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 15:57

Count Adhemar wrote:
mrmagoo wrote:
This also "kicks marines in the nads"  so this probably will not stay.

Bolter & Chainsword is going slightly ballistic about it, which is amusing to watch. Very Happy

Jimsolo wrote:

I've not seen that anywhere!

I know, even though DE got kicked in the nads, I am more happy to drink the tears of the imperium any day. Smile

Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 05 2016, 15:59

It is great to watch the Space Marines squirm for once, with the way they are acting you would think that they had a weak codex but it is probably just that they are used to being the favored children who get everything they want and now daddy told them that they can't play with their toys how they want but need to follow some rules.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW (First Draft FAQs!
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next