THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

NEW (First Draft FAQs!

Go down 
+43
Adma
Thor665
Tounguekutter
amorrowlyday
megatrons2nd
Rokuro
nerdelemental
The_Burning_Eye
The Red King
doriii
Rewind
stevethedestroyeofworlds
Barking Agatha
Klaivex Charondyr
Ultimatejet
Alvaneron
1++
BetrayTheWorld
Imateria
Kantalla
flakmonkey
mrmagoo
Creeping Darkness
Obscurio
Massaen
Painjunky
Count Adhemar
hydranixx
Calyptra
CptMetal
WhysoSully
The Shredder
Deathwasp11
Marrath
Jimsolo
Squidmaster
stilgar27
Azdrubael
CurstAlchemist
Skulnbonz
Taffy10
PriorofDeath
krayd
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 01:18

megatrons2nd wrote:

Now go read the Frost Weapons FAQ entry, which alters this ruling to use the rule that has the active player choose the order that they resolve.

But this is in response to a specific question about Frost Weapons and has nothing to do with our SF.

The FAQ simply updates the rules for FnP in general, which would allow our SF.

Sadly since Codex beats BRB, we have it RAI & RAW that the SF is unique & ignores FnP. Unless they FAQ it away, or a new Codex is released.

I know we love to hate, but, since they've changed nothing that affects us here, what are we moaning about again?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 02:41

Count Adhemar wrote:
BetrayTheWorld wrote:
[They need to have the SAME PEOPLE write the FAQs every time so that their rulings are consistent

Better still, write the rules properly in the first place!

In a game as large and complex as this, I'm willing to accept that the rules will never be tight enough to cover all contingencies. But it also means that frequent, cogent, consistent FAQs are required.
Back to top Go down
Adma
Hellion
Adma

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2016, 17:55

This weeks FAQ is Blood Angels. Nice of GW to time thier FAQ with the new starter set for them.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2016, 23:09

Adma wrote:
This weeks FAQ is Blood Angels. Nice of GW to time thier FAQ with the new starter set for them.

Everything pretty much as expected on that FAQ but nice that BA (my first ever 40K army) now gets the same Dread's and Scouts as other Marines.

Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 20 2016, 22:42

The Ork FAQ is out.

https://www.facebook.com/1575682476085719/photos/pb.1575682476085719.-2207520000.1469042441./1651471775173455/?type=3&theater

NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 11:48

Its nothing special from the looks of it.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 12:01

Usual thing with loads of people saying "The rules say x but can I do y?". Err, no. No you can't.

Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 22:02

Sometimes I feel hard done by as a DE player, then I look at the poor orks... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 22:07

Painjunky wrote:
Sometimes I feel hard done by as a DE player, then I look at the poor orks... Rolling Eyes

NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 Aint_easy_being_green

NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 23:36

Dark Eldar certainly catch a kicking on occasion, but Orks, Tyranids, Sisters, and Chaos Marines all have it worse.
Back to top Go down
Causalis
Kabalite Warrior
Causalis

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 21 2016, 23:45

Quote :
Dark Eldar certainly catch a kicking on occasion, but Orks, Tyranids, Sisters, and Chaos Marines all have it worse.

Agreed. I still think our army is rather balanced and that the introduction of the Decurion formation style just boosted the other armies so much that our codex pales in comparison. Not because it is inherently bad but because most other armies just got a steroid treatment.

I sometimes even feel a bit bad when I play my Ad Mech against my buddy's Orks.

"Yeah, I use the Shroud Psalm. Now my whole army has Stealth and Shrouded until next round. Oh and my normal troops have Heavy 2 Haywire guns. What can your troops do? Oh, their BS sucks and they only hit on 5s like most of your stuff... Wow, that... sucks".
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27 2016, 18:02

Another Wednesday, another FAQ, and this time its Chaos Space Marines.

The most interesting thing this time around, as I see it, is Khran the Betrayer. He always hits on 2+ in combat, EVEN AGAINST INVISIBILITY. That intrigues me.

Oh, and Helbrutes got some extra attacks or something.

CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 27 2016, 20:08

Chaos Marine FAQ:
https://www.facebook.com/1575682476085719/photos/pcb.1655420498111916/1655420331445266/?type=3&theater
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2016, 05:31

The Invis thing pisses me off. It goes against the trend they'd been developing of conflicting abilities cancelling.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03 2016, 16:35

This week, Tyranids!

Not sure if this is a change but the Mawloc can deep strike onto an ongoing combat and it works on Invisible units.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03 2016, 16:46

Also in the new one, apparently units in Ongoing Reserves can't Deep Strike.
Now, the Nid draft FAQ does say this based on the respawning abilities of a few formations (such as the Sporefield). BUT, it sets a precendence, and the wording could be taken as a general ruling.
Which raises the question of units delayed after a Mishap......

CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03 2016, 19:48

If the FAQ is codex specific I don't see how the wording can be applied to all codex or the BRB. Someone will have to work really hard to convince me that something that is specifically aimed at a Codex now applied to everyone else's codices.
Back to top Go down
Rewind
Kabalite Warrior
Rewind

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03 2016, 21:18

Here's what you need to do:

– Read through these draft FAQs
– If you think any answers need clarification, post up a comment on the relevant image
– Make sure your question is concisely written, and in plain English

Do the answers all make sense? Are they clear? Do they throw up any more potential issues?

You have a week to get your comments in, then we'll pass them on to the rules guys for the final FAQs.

We'll be posting more FAQ drafts for feedback over the new few weeks, so if you're eagerly awaiting the one for your codex, don't worry, we're on it.

Finally, we wanted to say thanks again to all of you who sent in your questions – you're helping to making the game we all love even better.

From the Facebook page - do we therefore have a week to get all over the DE FAQ & suggest amendments?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 03 2016, 21:24

I guess so. Anything you want to add or need to question in our faq?

Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2016, 07:27

Rewind wrote:
Here's what you need to do:

– Read through these draft FAQs
– If you think any answers need clarification, post up a comment on the relevant image
– Make sure your question is concisely written, and in plain English

Do the answers all make sense? Are they clear? Do they throw up any more potential issues?

You have a week to get your comments in, then we'll pass them on to the rules guys for the final FAQs.

We'll be posting more FAQ drafts for feedback over the new few weeks, so if you're eagerly awaiting the one for your codex, don't worry, we're on it.

Finally, we wanted to say thanks again to all of you who sent in your questions – you're helping to making the game we all love even better.

From the Facebook page - do we therefore have a week to get all over the DE FAQ & suggest amendments?

Hehe they can't even write clear guidelines on how to interact with their effort to clarify the rules. By my logic I would say that they probably mean that the deadline is for asking questions about the latest FAQ draft.
But, using GW logic, the answer is probably: 'Discuss it with your gaming group and use whatever ruling is best for you'. clown
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2016, 08:41

The change to allies of convenience and the ability to infiltrate close by (with a designers note saying it applies to ALL armies) is a massive change for the nids

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2016, 08:44

I wouldn't call that a change. It's obvious once you realize that deployment is strictly deployment not the whole pregame. This has clearly been there from day 1 in hindsight.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04 2016, 13:14

My local been playing the Deployment/AOC this way the whole time Surprised

But As a Nids player also (Nids and DE are my Main I actually played at least 3x nids more than DE)

But anyways, as a Nids player its how Ive been playing the nids all along except for 2 things:
1) the Drop Pod, this means the Formation w th Warrior Prime and a Unit of Warriors can now fit in a pod
2) Drop Pod rules we played it via MC rules and shoot all 5 guns at 1 target (MC has a 360 degree shooting arc) BUT it makes sense that the Drop pod (Tyrannocyte) would shoot as many units as it can for suppressive fire, this is so fluffy and makes me like it more honestly.

DE has no AoC so it never was an option for them lol.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10 2016, 20:59

Guard and Grey Knights today.
Nothing interesting. The whole first page was mostly chancers looking for ridiculous "Wasn;t this unit supposed to have this rule"? questions.
Nothing ground shaking, just clarifications on Yarrick to be honest.

Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11 2016, 02:58

The note that non FOC slot choices may not be taken in formations affects us!

http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW (First Draft FAQs!   NEW (First Draft FAQs! - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW (First Draft FAQs!
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next