THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Formations in formations over formations...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

Formations in formations over formations... Empty
PostSubject: Formations in formations over formations...   Formations in formations over formations... I_icon_minitimeThu May 04 2017, 06:50

When you take Ynnari Reborn warhost detachment, it says that you could take formations as a part of this detachment. That means (i think) that if you take, for example, Soulbound Vanguard formation, you will get 3 troops and 1 elite. So basicaly you will need 1 HQ and some fast attack\heavy support to fully roster. If you take aeldari bladehost - you get 6 troops choisec anjd so on...

So whats bugging me... If we take formation as a part of Reborn warhost, can we `multiply` this formation inside one-another? For instance, when we take aeldari bladehost (2 storm guardians, 2 wyches, 2 clowns) can we make those clowns to be `cast of players` from Harlequin codex?

I know it`s sound like totaly cheating, but i can`t stop to think about such a thing.

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Formations in formations over formations...   Formations in formations over formations... I_icon_minitimeThu May 04 2017, 07:28

The units in a formation do not occupy slots in the FOC for the Reborn Warhost. So if you take, for example, a Cast of Players, you will still need to take another HQ and 2 Troops at a minimum in order to meet the requirements of the Reborn Warhost.

Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Formations in formations over formations...   Formations in formations over formations... I_icon_minitimeThu May 04 2017, 15:48

Wait, wha?
Does it work this way?
It says that units can`t belong to detachment and formation, but units in Reborn Warhost are exeption. They count both their formation and detachment. Doesn`t that mean things as i described? That units of formations count as troops\elites\etc?

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Formations in formations over formations...   Formations in formations over formations... I_icon_minitimeThu May 04 2017, 15:58

No. That just means that the formation operates within the Reborn Warhost detachment. The Reborn Warhost consists of:

1-2 HQ units
2-6 Troop units
0-3 each of Elites, Fast Attack and Heavy Support
0-1 Lord of War
0+ Formations

all chosen from the options shown on page 127 of Gathering Storm II

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Formations in formations over formations...   Formations in formations over formations... I_icon_minitimeThu May 04 2017, 16:43

Count Adhemar is correct. This is how every single meta-formation in 40k has worked for the last 2 years. Unfortunately, while every other faction has access to meta-formations, we as DE players didn't really get access to one until the Ynnari came out, giving us access for 2 months before 7th edition implodes. So I understand DE players not really realizing that.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: Formations in formations over formations...   Formations in formations over formations... I_icon_minitimeThu May 04 2017, 18:32

Damn. Guess i was mistaken... and lied to my local WH club Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Formations in formations over formations...   Formations in formations over formations... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Formations in formations over formations...
Page 1 of 1