THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Cult of Amheir-ka

Go down 
+6
BetrayTheWorld
CurstAlchemist
Cavash
Kantalla
Scrz
Amheir-ka
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Amheir-ka
Hellion
Amheir-ka

The Cult of Amheir-ka Empty
PostSubject: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 07:00

Hi everybody! I've been working through my star spangled Dark Eldar for about a year now. The fluf is that they found a trove of old dataslated harkening back to 1980s when drugs sex and rock'n. roll was all the rage, In particular Americas brand of it. A cult quickly evolved focusing on recreating such depraved glory. Later I will add Canadian Eldar and Mexican Harlequins.

The Cult of Amheir-ka WP_20160616_21_23_01_Pro_zpslqyvxxt1
Reavers

The Cult of Amheir-ka WP_20160616_21_23_11_Pro_zps5fq1dyem
Wyches

The Cult of Amheir-ka WP_20160616_21_23_48_Pro_zpsdq5rzpvm
Warriors

The Cult of Amheir-ka WP_20160616_21_23_23_Pro_zpsoxznqqcf
Succubus and Hexatrix

The Cult of Amheir-ka WP_20160616_21_32_57_Pro_zpsav6hadx3
Raider

The Cult of Amheir-ka WP_20160616_21_28_15_Pro_zpsrgyfqkfp
Mandrakes

The Cult of Amheir-ka WP_20160616_21_23_59_Pro_zpsdiiiahvj
Beast Pack

The Cult of Amheir-ka WP_20160616_21_22_53_Pro_zpshzp4kafl

I have a few more addition to make before I bring it to the table but I'm close...
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 08:39

Those look awesome! Natural born killers from a fallen empire ready to invade Irak for no apparent reason.  Razz
Top notch basing.
Did you paint all those stars freehand?
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 09:17

The Reavers and Raider especially look great. That's a neat and interestingly unifying theme.

I find myself expecting to see Bon Jovi Archon or something along those lines Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 11:48

They are so American I fear for my tea.

Very well done! I have never seen a DE army like this before and it is well executed.

The Cult of Amheir-ka YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 16:28

Nice work, interesting idea for a paint job.
Back to top Go down
Amheir-ka
Hellion
Amheir-ka

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 16:55

Scrz wrote:
Those look awesome! Natural born killers from a fallen empire ready to invade Irak for no apparent reason.  Razz
Top notch basing.
Did you paint all those stars freehand?

Thanks! the bases are from Secret Weapons Miniatures and then filled in with stuff from the GW snow base set. The icicles are pretty fun but it's hard not to want to stick them everywhere.

Yes, I freehanded the stars. It's one of the easier freehand designs I've had to do. Five lines, a dot in the middle and then taper the lines towards the dot.

I'm trying to think of some other motifs to work in. Considering an eagle but I don't really have browns in the scheme so I'm not sure how that would look. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Amheir-ka
Hellion
Amheir-ka

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 16:57

Kantalla wrote:
I find myself expecting to see Bon Jovi Archon or something along those lines Very Happy
XD Don't worry he's coming. Torn up denim jacket and all.
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 17:18

Awesome job! I actually thought about doing this theme before. Now I know what it'd look like if I was an awesome painter!(I'm not) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17 2016, 19:03

Very nice paint job there.

Part of me hopes for for a large round shield weilding Captain/Succubus.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Amheir-ka
Hellion
Amheir-ka

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 05:16

Soo I got a venom done. One of what will be many. I'm not sure if I'll put the extra crewmember hanging of the side in the future.
The Cult of Amheir-ka WP_20160627_20_54_59_Pro_zpswympuwby
The Cult of Amheir-ka WP_20160627_20_55_09_Pro_zpsvanealye

I liked doing the canopy. It's my first time working with the clear plastic inserts and It was easier than I thought. I'm glad I saw the tip to use PVA glue to attach it vs the superglue.

Also since wyches are at about cultist level of killy and I need something to cause some pain, I got me some got packs! Conversions are underway. They could so easily make crypt ghouls bodies and Talos bits a standalone kit if they used the CAD models to fix the interfaces and reconfigured the sprus. If only...

The Cult of Amheir-ka WP_20160627_20_40_04_Pro_zpsgzfyq2ua

The Cult of Amheir-ka WP_20160627_20_40_36_Pro_zpshuqbydgm

I have 4 more to make. It's a delightful way to spend an evening.

Last edited by Amheir-ka on Tue Jun 28 2016, 16:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed my duplicate photo of the venom)
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 08:22

MURICA **** YEAH!!!
Really awesome idea! And excellent execution, they look very good.
I am curious, were you serious about caneldar and Harlecans?
That'd be beyond hilarious.
If so, how will you do it?
Mounties and Mariachi?
Or just the countries' colors?

Edit:
The Reaver pilots' helmets look really... real, may i ask how you did them?
And i like your take on the Grotesques conversion, and how everypack of them on this site looks different.

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 08:55

I like the Venom. Any photos from the other side showing the hanger on?

Are the Wyches turning into Grotesque conversions? They seem a little small for a hulking monster like a Grotesque.

Back to top Go down
Amheir-ka
Hellion
Amheir-ka

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 16:53

Marrath wrote:
MURICA **** YEAH!!!
Really awesome idea! And excellent execution, they look very good.
I am curious, were you serious about caneldar and Harlecans?
That'd be beyond hilarious.
If so, how will you do it?
Mounties and Mariachi?
Or just the countries' colors?

Edit:
The Reaver pilots' helmets look really... real, may i ask how you did them?
And i like your take on the Grotesques conversion, and how everypack of them on this site looks different.

I do completely intend on doing the Caneldar and Harlecans just as soon as I get this latest round of purchases built and painted. I need to think of a craftworldy and troupe name name to use. Any ideas?

On the reaver helmets: I did them just like a normal gemstone. Started with a really dark base, Necron abyss I think or Mordian Blue, then layered up to a super likght blue and ploped a couple white dots on the side I didn't layer on. It was a bit more tricky than usual because of the odd shape of the helm. I tried to match the curve running down the side and it seems to have worked.
Back to top Go down
Amheir-ka
Hellion
Amheir-ka

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 17:19

Kantalla wrote:
I like the Venom. Any photos from the other side showing the hanger on?

Are the Wyches turning into Grotesque conversions? They seem a little small for a hulking monster like a Grotesque.

Check the other photo since my edit. Set him up with an impaler. I went a but heavier on the greys for the NMM effect after seeing your stuff and I like the results so cheers to you!

Bah! No, the whyches are staying whyches until my cat swats them off the table and buries them in the litterbox with the mandrakes. My cat is and power gamer.
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 18:02

Rather clueless on name ideas, and Amheir-Ka fits so i guess you'll do fine.
I got ideas for motifs though, American landmarks like Washington Monument, Golden Gate Bridge, the Hollywood letters etc.
Or Dollars and all of the symbols you have on them.

BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 19:31

Every time I see pics of your army I get a good chuckle, haha. I hope you don't, but if you ever DO decide to sell your army, you'll probably have an instant buyer here. (Assuming I've got the money at the time!) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 19:56

...C-...can we get a Tarantulus with a Donald trump Succubus with bad hair and "Make Commorragh great again" on a flag behind him?

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 20:04

Korazell wrote:

...C-...can we get a Tarantulus with a Donald trump Succubus with bad hair and "Make Commorragh great again" on a flag behind him?

Haha, this would be great!
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 20:07

I want it to happen. I want it to happen, so bad. Not for political reasons, just because, it reminds me of a wallpaper my room-mate has.

The Cult of Amheir-ka The_donald_by_sharpwriter-da0eh6b

" Your suffering will be legendary. It will make the dead, long forgotten in our dear Commorragh, rattle in their graves as your agony touches them even from the beyond. I will record each scream, each gurgle, each cry and it will be my sweetest lullaby. The tears you spill will be collected and I will savor them like fine drink for years to come. The blood you spill will be used to feed my house-plants, and your flesh I will feed to the Razorwing flocks. Your bones I will keep and fashion into my clothes like a medal awarded for reaching the highest plateau of torture. You will never steal my sandwych again!"
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 20:19

Haha, great wallpaper!

All the little subtle things, like big gulp and the championship belt...just great. If you look closely, each tank tread is an american flag. Very Happy

Last edited by BetrayTheWorld on Tue Jun 28 2016, 20:22; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 20:21

Yeah, I originally saw it and wanted to be upset...couldn't, lol.

Back to top Go down
Amheir-ka
Hellion
Amheir-ka

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2016, 23:25

This face, a little more hair and I think we can make it happen.

The Cult of Amheir-ka 2016-06-28_1507_zpshsaudlr2

I don't think I'd put him on a tantalus, that would suggest he would be willing to get out and do something. A DE inspired by Da Trump would be more likely to sit back snipe and be really annoying until something actually decided to swat at him. He will be a Ravager pilot.

@Marrath
Great idea on the monuments! I don't think the DE would care much about care much about the typical monuments but how about Vegas or Atlantic City or any of those hedonist backwaters. I'll need to do some research...
Back to top Go down
Korazell
Sybarite
Korazell

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2016, 19:13

........Yessssssssssssssss.

Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 29 2016, 23:21

::scrambles for the like button::
Back to top Go down
gvcolor
Slave
gvcolor

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22 2016, 06:40

I see I'm a little late to the party here - but these are completely awesome! Wow!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cult of Amheir-ka   The Cult of Amheir-ka I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Cult of Amheir-ka
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next