THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau! Empty
PostSubject: Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau!   Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2016, 13:14

Hi folks, massive upset tonight with my Harlequin, DE and Eldar alliance beating the Tau empire. It has taken me until my 4th game to make the Last Dance work. Very happy.

A big thanks to the posters on this board which helped so much with my pivotal decisions in list construction.

The Last Dance of the Eldar 1850

-Cast of Players- 7 players with Kisses, Troupe Master w/ Caress, Inriam's Spectre, ML 2 Shadowseer
with MoS.
-Heroes Path

DE allied detachment:
Archon w/WWP and Armour of Misery
6 Kabalites in a Night-shield DL Raider

Eldar CAD
Farseer on Jetbike
Autarch with warp jump generator and spiderman gun
5 Dire Avengers w/ SL Wave Serpent
4 Windriders with SL x 4
D-Scythe Wraithguard
Hemlock Wraithfighter

The Tau were made up of 3 mighty formations. 1 was the Farsight Bomb. No scatter and nasty deep strike unit. Great benefits like T/L shooting, tank hunter and shred from a buffmander.
The 2nd formation was 3x individual Broadsides assisting 3 squads of Pathfinders. The Broadsides could offer an overwhelming amount of support fire so long as their weapons had range when the pathfinders were charged. 1 Marker Light counted as 2 as well! NICE!
The 3rd formation was the T2 deep strike low orbital deployment thingy. I think this passes out relentless to the broadsides, too.
There were 6 broadsides, 2 riptides, Farsight, 15 pathfinders, a Stealth team, buffmander and about 8 or so heavily weaponised crisis suits.
Interceptor was everywhere and due to the amount of TL shooting available, no velocity trackers were taken.

The mission was contact lost, so the more objectives held, the more cards can be drawn and achieved.

So... readers of the Dark City... I have 5 candidates for MVP in my list.

1) The 6 Kabalites turbo boosted and T2 charged a broadside deep in the backfield, tying it up for the remainder of the game and "obseccing" away the broadside's objective. They earned 3 of my 12 points and were utterly ineffective in assault but Tau are even worse.
2) The Solitaire, through infiltration and a T2 charge, claimed both riptides and a broadside as he zipped up and down the centre of the table. BLITZ!
3) The Heroes Path Shadowseer who Psychic Shrieked away half of the Farsight bomb.
4) The Hemlock Wraithfighter which helped spread fear test failure, and assisted all the shrieking, without jinking ONCE and living until T4. Mindshock pods. Bruh...
5) The 5 Dire Avengers who sat on Objective 5 "Ob Seccing" all game and earned 6 of my 12 points for either being there or blowing up solo crisis units when a card asked for casualties!

Who wins?

Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau!   Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2016, 17:56

Interesting combination from the Tau player. I am pretty sure thats the first time I've heard of anyone using the Formation with Overwatch benefits for the Pathfinders. I've considered messing with it since it does make those pathfinders terribly difficult to kill.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau!   Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06 2016, 20:29

Interesting combination from the Tau player. I am pretty sure thats the first time I've heard of anyone using the Formation with Overwatch benefits for the Pathfinders. I've considered messing with it since it does make those pathfinders terribly difficult to kill. wrote:

Totally did! 2 units of Pathfinders were infiltrated and scouted to within 14" of my Cast Of Players. I knew it was bait and I bit and the Overwatch was brutal. The Markerlights rolled hot, Inriam's shrouded bubble was nullified and 5 of my 7 players went splat in my turn 1!

Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau!   Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2016, 06:44

Sounds like the outcome I would expect.  I play a ton o Tau and love some of the new formations.

My current favorite is actually the Infiltration Cadre.  No one uses that one either but I love it.  The Skyhammers of the world, on the other hand, do not.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau!   Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2016, 17:08

That retribution cadre (formation with all suits who DS) is just brutal.

Where did your WWP archon go? With the squad of Dscyths?
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

PostSubject: Re: Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau!   Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 07 2016, 21:57

Yeah, the Archon hung out with the Wraithguard but instead of deep striking I jumped them into the vacant Dire Avenger Wave Serpent and boosted them up the board T1. After experiencing the brutality of that T1 Overwatch, I felt the only way forward was to time the assaults so that the broadsides were declared first charge and then have a crack at the pathfinders.

Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau!   Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 13 2016, 17:46

I'd give MVP to the Solitaire. Just because he's an Eldar combat character who can actually beat stuff in combat. Nice win!

PostSubject: Re: Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau!   Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Dance Of The Eldar wins against Tau!
Page 1 of 1