THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar

Go down 
+18
Tzelok
Diurach
masamune
Morgrim
Asgog
Scrz
E_50_Panzer
lelith
Rhivan
Calyptra
Ynneadwraith
Ripper.McGuirl
stanimal221
Korona
CurstAlchemist
fisheyes
Cherrycoke
Squidmaster
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Empty
PostSubject: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 06:49

Greetings Dark Kin. As inferred by my thread title I have no name for my Wych cult (it's mostly wyches currently but I will have a little bit of everything eventually). And so I am very open to naming suggestions. I have some lore but it's currently not very fleshed out. In short, a Wych cult based off the opium dens/brothels/taverns of Japan in the 1800's.

Anyways I'm sure you're here for pictures as opposed to my drivel so here they are. Hopefully I can figure out how to post photos here without too much trouble.  

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1410
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1411
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1412
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1413
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 08:51

Welcome!

Those are looking quite good! Would love to see more!

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 09:53

Glad to see you've made it over here!

I'll have a think about names Smile

Oh, and just to say again that your models look fantastic Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 14:23

Very nice, striking colours, love their hair shade.
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 14:33

Nope. Too spikey. Revise and resubmit ;P

Looks great. What else will you be showing off? I want to see how you did your raiders (which will no doubt be transporting a unit of 9 of these guys/girls along with a succi, right?).

Btw, what did you use to paint that pale flesh on their faces? I am looking for this exact waxy/pale look.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 17:19

Thank you very much for your kind comments everyone. Good to see you here Ynneadwraith! I'd love to hear any name ideas you have for me.

@Cherrycoke: Their hair was a matter of much contention for me. I originally had done a method that took 5 layers, much patience, skill and far too much time. The results looked... fine. It was far too much work for a hair style that I just didn't love, I liked it but I wasn't in love with it. I tried a few other things but eventually got frustrated and one day just painted the hair white then washed it with Coelia greenshade. That simple, two steps that require next to no skill. And I liked the hair much better that way then any of my previous attempts. Moral of the story is that sometimes the harder path isn't always the better path, sometimes the simpler option can net you results that are just as good if not better.

@fisheyes: I have a small force built up (around 700 points right now I think) that I'll be sharing and then I'll be keeping this plog up to date as I work on new things. Currently since these are my only troops I split them up into two units of 5, one with a hekatrix in a raider and the other unit drops in with my succubus via WWP. The goal is to have three units of 10 wyches (one with hydra gauntlets x3, one with razorflails x3 and one with shardnet/impaler x3) All in raiders of course then I'll have a unit of bloodbrides (I'll build ten strong with a Syren) and have them travel in a raider, no wych weapons, 9-strong with my succubus.

For their flesh I start with a base layer of Rakarth flesh, I then do a full coverage layer of pallid wych flesh. Next is a wash of druchii violet that I place selectively in the recesses and low points. Lastly I just touch them up a bit to neaten up the wash by using pallid wych flesh again. I'm not really good at painting flesh so this is the best I could come up with, I hope to improve over time of course.

And of course what would a unit of wyches be without a raider to take them into battle? Dead. The answer is dead, they have no armour. So here is my rendition of a raider. I hope you guys and gals like it and comments and critiques are most certainly welcome.Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1416
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1415
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1417
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1414

Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 18:06

Ooh, I really like your raider also, very striking and I like the freehand. Also the sail is great.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15 2016, 18:49

Some great work, thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Korona
Kabalite Warrior
Korona

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2016, 01:21

Wow yeah a really neat colour choice!  It makes me think of art deco:

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar D7c0db86294493e730b8946b08142f04

They liked bright pinks etc. on a dark field:
https://img1.etsystatic.com/101/1/9869506/il_214x170.1025658961_e2zh.jpg
http://d2ydh70d4b5xgv.cloudfront.net/images/4/6/beswick-ware-art-deco-vase-black-pink-roses-1930s-vintage-936f23f0bdb0e9ce94820971352176bd.jpg

I think you could definitely go deeper down the art deco route if you like it.  You've got good freehand work with the petals and adding more geometric freehand would look pretty striking.  Or maybe just a crop-haired woman singing and some palm fronds?
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16 2016, 04:19

Thank you for the comments guys, I'm really happy you guys seem to like them so far.

@Korona: I've never thought of the art Deco approach before. Now that you point it out it does have many similarities with that style. In truth what I was trying to mimic was artwork similar to this:
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar F9255810

I feel I succeeded somewhat but since this is my first attempt at freehand I know I have a lot more room to grow.

Next up on the list is my elites slot; Mandrakes. I love these models and had a lot of fun painting them. Comments and critiques welcomed.

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1418
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1419

Back to top Go down
Korona
Kabalite Warrior
Korona

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 02:44

Ah I like the lurid pinks on the raiders and armour, maybe using similar tones for the mandrake's flames would help make them pop out from their bodies?

I have a friend who also likes extreme colours and it always impresses me when people are brave enough to use them.

I've seen people do the cherry blossom idea before but they tended to stick to more naturalistic colours for their vehicles:
https://www.frontlinegaming.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/photo.jpg
I'm not so sure natural styles work with such an artificial/cyberpunk scheme. The way deco tended to deal with it was to make their natural objects more abstract like in the flamingo poster.

I'd be tempted to add a cyber element to the tree to tie the two looks together.  Maybe something more like this for the branches overpainted in the bright teal:
http://derbyimages.woot.com/2496556/99645eef-5533-422d-ac56-3a21b65559df.jpg
http://orig12.deviantart.net/f441/f/2010/363/a/1/tree_of_digital_life_by_adoomer-d35ytew.png

Then you'd get the cool blossom style but with a cyberpunk twist.

Here's a rough idea of what I had in mind:
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Digita10
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 07:57

I struggled with trying to find a place to put pink on my Mandrakes and eventually just resigned myself to not using it for these particular models. I thought about making their flames pink but the test model I did just really didn't work for me. I may at a later date re-evaluate how I do them to add it all in but for now I'm focusing on enlarging the force.

Thanks Korona for the suggestions on the freehand. I'm truthfully not very happy with how I did the branches and was trying to find a better way to do them. I have another raider to do with my second unit of Wyches and so I'll definitely be trying out your cyberpunk blossoms idea on the second hull. I'm a bit worried about trying to get such straight lines but that's a minor thing. By the way I really dig the mock-up you made, it really helps to visualize the idea.

On to my next unit however, Hellions. Love the models, kinda meh on the rules. Having said that they were the MVP of my last game (I've only done two games with my DE since I got them). Let me know what you guys think. Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1420
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1421
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1422
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 09:36

They look very nice, as always, mandrakes too, the next time you take pics to show us, could you possibly include a close up of a face, the contrast in black and white makes your models skin look very gothic which I really enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 10:18

Loving the Hellions Smile, and I don't think I've spotted the Mandrakes before.

If you've got the Fast Attack slots free, you could run the Hellions as 5 individual Beastmasters which would probably be one of the most annoying tactics in the game to face Wink

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17 2016, 18:38

Thanks guys, glad you like them.

@Cherrycoke: I don't have any pics of their faces in particular but I'll definitely take some close ups for you the next time I set up my photo booth.

@Ynneadwraith: On my other plog the Mandrakes were shown as WiP and never got a finished shot. It wasn't till I took shots of my Talos that they got pics taken and I don't recall if I ever posted that. I've looked at how cheeky one can get with the beastpack slot and if you've got the points I think 6 clawed fiends are just obnoxious, or 6 khymarae. It's not a likely tactic I'll employ however as I like my friends Wink

Ok next up is the Talos. I was scared to death of painting this guy, he was far outside of my comfort bubble. In the end however I had a blast painting him and I can't wait to get another one to paint. I hope you guys like him.

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1426
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1423
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1429
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1427
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1425
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1428
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1424
Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2016, 15:55

It's very nice, I like the fluid vials and tubes most.
Back to top Go down
Korona
Kabalite Warrior
Korona

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2016, 16:33

Yeah nice work with the tubing, it's hard to tell but did you use a gloss varnish on them? If not Vallejo do an acrylic gloss that you can just paint over the top. It's a really easy cheat to get a cool glass effect. I've not painted a Talos but I've always felt that gloss on the carapace might look nice too, to give that beetle-like semi-organic look.

Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18 2016, 16:40

I can second the vallejo gloss being good stuff. Good at representing anything you want to look glassy, or also anything you want to look wet (like the tongues on my exodite dragons).

Back to top Go down
Korona
Kabalite Warrior
Korona

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19 2016, 04:18

Obviously I would never be this sloppy but if you ever somehow get superglue onto the canopy of a venom or razorwing it can also be used to pretty much fix the frosting. Again, I would never do this...... *ahem*

Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22 2016, 07:31

Thanks for the comments guys. I did do a gloss over the tubing and vials, I used 'Ardcoat from GW. I wish I hadn't rushed them as much as I did (I was prepping this guy for armies on parade). I look forward to my opportunity to do another Talos or more likely a Cronos.

Last of my finished work is my Succubus. I learned a lot while painting her, I feel I could do the skin far better now. I still may go back to her and change a few things around but for now she's "done" so that I can move forward with adding more to this force. Hope you guys like her and please let me know what you think.Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1432
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1434
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1431
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1430
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1435
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1433
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22 2016, 12:04

Great looking succubus, and another one I hadn't seen up close before Smile now I know where your avatar's from too!

Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2016, 08:09

Finished up my first Kabalite warrior tonight. I'd love to hear what you guys think of him. Comments and critiques are much appreciated.

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1511
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1510
Back to top Go down
Korona
Kabalite Warrior
Korona

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2016, 14:42

Nice, the blue/white hair works really well with the pink armour and makeup. I'd be tempted to highlight the recessed pattern. I think if you dot some white paint in strategic locations and wipe it off towards the edge of the blade with a damp finger it will be fairly easy to make it clean.

Love these crazy colours, keep it coming!

Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 25 2016, 16:43

Thanks for the comment Korona, I really appreciate it.

The hair is a funny story actually, it was originally supposed to be teal, much like my Wyches. The first step of doing their hair for me is to use white as a base colour and then I apply washes. I uploaded the WiP pictures of my succubus to Dakka and everyone there commented that they liked her white hair, then some local guys saw her and said they liked the white hair, the final straw was my girlfriend and after she saw it and said she loved the white hair I decided obviously white hair would be the wise choice to go with then.

I have received comments about adding some highlights to the rune on the blade as well. Since I've taken these photos I have actually gone and added some white to the rune as you've suggested.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30 2016, 16:58

Small update on a test model I'm doing for my second unit of Wyches. Wanted to try out the way I did my Kabalite warrior plates on a Wych so this is the beginning of that process. If it looks good I may do all my future wyches in this style aswell and then go back to update my original 10 to have armor plates like this. This wych is still very much WiP by the way. Lemme know if you guys like this so far and if I should continue the rest of my wyches like this.

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar Img_1512
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next