THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar

Go down 
+18
Tzelok
Diurach
masamune
Morgrim
Asgog
Scrz
E_50_Panzer
lelith
Rhivan
Calyptra
Ynneadwraith
Ripper.McGuirl
stanimal221
Korona
CurstAlchemist
fisheyes
Cherrycoke
Squidmaster
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2017, 11:23

Ooh I like the idea of making Wych Cult themed units for other DE Smile I'd love to see what you come up with Smile

And judging by your Bloodbrides I'd say you're selling yourself short on the conversions front Smile it's about picking the right bit for the look, not necessarily the most complicated. Sometimes the right bit is complicated, sometimes it's as simple as a head-swap Wink

Also, great insight about the DEldar there. Not only do they have to win, they have to win in style Wink

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2017, 13:37

Not a problem Inevitable I´m just being honest Smile
I agree with you pretty wholeheartedly on the Wych Cults. Not only do they kill you, they must do so in style. They´d show you just how inferior you are against them in every way.

As for your ability to convert, I feel the same way. I don´t have muc experince or belief in my ability, but I try to make up for that with, Picking a Theme (It helps narrow down the bits used), Studying different bits that work best for said theme, and practice continually (I´ve been able to do the first 2) Heck most of the models I´ve done so far on my log I´m planning on replacing ASAP once I get the cash to fully convert my army, so trial and error as well as not being happy with the finished product is par for the course as you probably well know) If you want I could help search and reccomend bits for you (I love generating ideas for conversions and checking out bits so I´d be happy to help (anyone) if you´d ask Smile )

As for your Kabalites and Talos (if you wanna convert ones later) just use them now and you can phase them out later (I´ve said I plan to do so myself later) Wych kits(Or hellion but Wych would be better) plus kabalite warrior kits would allow for a very easy Kabalite Wych kitbash so that should be an effective way to convert them (as well as an ample supply of spare bits) For your Talos do you plan on using the Covens Talos (and put some wyches onto that) or perhaps a really big animal? (A giant Lion, or perhaps a small Dragon would put on quite the show mauling people and a few wyches dancing around it popping off splinter shots to any who may hurt their precious pet) As for modding the Raiders kits I reccomend looking at the Venoms as they have Wych crewmembers as well.

I´ll take a look at the log soon I can´t wait to see what you have on thier Smile (As for glacially slow progress look at my project log, I have liike 4 conversions and a lot of me asking opinions on ideas. (Mainly because I´m short on cash and trying to min-max my plans for max benifit) so slow progress is fine xD ) Although I have no idea how to operate Dakka or how to follow a thread... I only made my account yesterday.

It´s a pleasure to look at! Heck knowing that others plan on using my ideas is nice in and of itself Smile I look forward for your next update.

inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2017, 16:52

Thank you Ynnead, you're right that not all conversions have to be difficult or massive undertakings. I feel my Bloodbrides were one of those moments where the right nspiration hit me and everything fell into place nicely, compared to you though Ynnead I don't have nearly the creativity you do in mixing the right pieces together to make one awesome mini after another.

Rhivan you should drop me a link here to your thread I'd love to check it out, I'm always on the hunt for inspiration and I'd love to see what you've done. As for dakka the easiest way to subscribe to a thread is to leave a comment in it then you'll automatically be subbed. To check them afterwards just click your username on the top of the screen and then there's a link on that page that says "my subbed threads". Hope that helps, I'm really terrible at explaining computer things lol. thanks for the conversion ideas Rhivan, you've given me a lot of ideas to think about (and price out as I have to hobby on a budget right now).
Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2017, 17:53

Oh my description has a link to it it´s my the project log part of my sig but here you go http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14531-kabal-of-the-nightsworn-project-log I will warn you I don´t have much on it currently. I´m more in the I know what I want to do but haven´t been able to yet.

If you want to see lore that´s the top link, project log is 2nd, and I highly reccomend checking ont the slave games to post bat-raps we´d be glad to have you Smile (Sorry for going off topic for this part)

inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22 2017, 18:19

Ah I don't see sigs cause I'm reading this on my iPad, I'm away from home for the week so don't have my computer with me. I sadly don't get to play very many games and for the past but my only games have been against hyper competitive Tau, so it's a lot of getting tabled by turn 2. I'll definitely check it out though as I do enjoy reading how other people are playing DE.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 08 2017, 23:06

Managed to finally get a second full Wych squad done. This one has Razorflails and is a slightly updated scheme compared to my first squad. I'll be using this scheme moving forward and will be going back to my first wyches and raider to make them match one day when my purchased to painted ratio is a bit under control.Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1712
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1713
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 10:09

Looking good. I'm liking your color scheme. It is really fresh. Smile
Did you paint all ten in one batch?

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 12:21

Stunning work I_F Smile

I must admit, I chuckled at the 'purchased to painted' ratio Wink mine's horrific!

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 09 2017, 16:20

Thanks for the comments guys. My ratio is slowly evening out Ynnead, I'm very excited about that. It's in a better place now than it's ever been since I got into this hobby.

I actually did 9 in one batch Scrz then painted the Hekatrix on her own. Realistically I could have done her with the unit as the only real difference she has is her sword but it was nice to take a break from batch painting and focus on one model.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 02 2017, 07:31

Haemy still hasn't been based but I did get a small 5-man unit of Kabalites done. Here's the first Kabalites to join my ranks, for now I'll probably use them as cheap backfield objective holders as without a venom or raider they aren't likely to be too useful. Comments and critiques welcome as usual.Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1714
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1715
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 04 2017, 19:28

Managed to finish up my Haemy. With him complete my Dark Artisan formation can now take to the field. Comments and critiques are greatly appreciated.Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1716
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1719
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1716
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1718
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1720
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1717
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05 2017, 10:17

First time I've looked at this model and not hated the head. It's something with the face and eyes. Your pale skin tones are really striking.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05 2017, 12:02

Oh I really like his eyes - the obsidian one really looks like a coven

inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 05 2017, 17:48

Thank you very much Scrz and lelith. I'm quite fond of how this guys eyes came out, all my DE have eyes like this but for him I made the extra effort to put a bit of shine on them which I feel worked out alright. Thank you both for checking out my work.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18 2017, 03:56

Managed to get a second raider painted up. This one went much better than my first attempt if I do say so myself. I got a photo at the end of both raiders together. C&C appreciated.

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1818
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1817
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1815
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1816
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1814
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18 2017, 10:16

These look really nice!
The work on the sails is fantastic.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18 2017, 15:18

I've said it elsewhere but truly gorgeous work man Smile

Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave
E_50_Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18 2017, 16:00

Wow, lovely work on the raider patterns
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18 2017, 19:16

Thank you very much Squidmaster, Ynneadwraith and E_50_Panzer. I'm glad you guys like it. The sails are actually really easy to do. I posted a tutorial on how to paint them elsewhere but if anyone is interested in seeing it here I can post it here as well.
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave
E_50_Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18 2017, 19:31

Do you have a link for it? I'm actually interested in doing chain, thorn, or hook patterns on my gunboats now.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18 2017, 20:10

1) Start with a full base layer of Stegadon Scale green.Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1820

2) Next drybrush on some Kabalite Green over most of the sail area. Leave the base layer showing mostly around the edges.Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1827

3) Drybrush on some Sybarite Green in the areas you did on step 2. For this make sure you try to stay inside the Kabalite Green area and leave the base layer untouched. Feel free to make the drybrushing take on some strange shapes at this stage.Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1825

4) Start drybrushing on some Pink Horror, this needs to be on a smaller area than the green drybrushing and can go anywhere on the sail you feel like. It doesn't have to stay within any boundaries and so feel free to even have it overlap onto the base layer.Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1829

5) Just as you did in step 3 you'll now drybrush on some Emperors Children into the Pink Horror areas. Stay within the areas mapped out by step 4 but feel free to make this take on strange shapes within the Pink Horror. Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1826

6) Get some white scar on a large layer brush and hold it upside down. I then use a toothpick to pull the bristles back and "flick" the paint on the sail to get a random pattern of white dots of varying sizes. Make sure to pull away any other projects from the painting area at this stage as it's super messy and you'll get white paint everywhere. It should go without saying that you do this part of the sail in a sub-assembly and don't paint any other part till you get this stage done since you'll just have to redo it after this.Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 Img_1828
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18 2017, 20:11

Hopefully this explains things clearly enough. I haven't really made many tutorials before so I'm pretty new at finding clear ways of explaining my process. I did make a tutorial as well for my flayed skin muscle texture style I used on my Haemonculus and Cronos if anyone is interested in that. It's been lovingly dubbed the "Meat Technique" on the other forums I posted it on.
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave
E_50_Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18 2017, 20:59

Wow! that was deceptively simple, I thought you just airbrushed the colors onto the sails, instead it was drybrushing. Your tutorial was quite understandable, step by step, with clear instructions. I need to find a way to apply this to my own models when the time comes.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 18 2017, 23:37

It's funny, I've owned an airbrush for over a year now and I still haven't used it once. I was going to do a nid army at one time, true swarm (hormagaunts, rippers, warriors and Tyrants), so I bought the airbrush for it. Then I scrapped the idea and the airbrush just went into storage. I suppose these sails could be achieved quite easily with an airbrush.
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave
E_50_Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 19 2017, 00:30

I'm actually getting an airbrush to help me with tank camo patterns, but I'm not sure where to start with using it for dark eldar, but adding depth to the sails is a good start.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next