THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar

Go down 
+18
Tzelok
Diurach
masamune
Morgrim
Asgog
Scrz
E_50_Panzer
lelith
Rhivan
Calyptra
Ynneadwraith
Ripper.McGuirl
stanimal221
Korona
CurstAlchemist
fisheyes
Cherrycoke
Squidmaster
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 19 2017, 03:35

It'd also make for a great alternative to edge highlighting on DE vehicles, adding a smoother look than the hard-edged highlighting you typically see. You could also use it apply base colours on your models that you can't currently get in a spraycan.
Back to top Go down
E_50_Panzer
Slave
E_50_Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 19 2017, 04:02

Yes, easy layering on the vehicles. And the easy base coating is a given, but I know people who can base 40 models in ten minutes with their airbrushes.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 14 2017, 21:51

Finished up another 5 Kabalites to bring my squad to a full ten strong. I'm excited that the new 8E rules will support this loadout better than 7th did (hence why I was in no rush to get the Dark Lance guy painted). Some more Bloodbrides will be next.Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1830
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1831
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1832
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 15 2017, 12:13

Great work. So that's what a painted shredder looks like. I think it's the first time I've seen one outside a bitz box bargain bin.

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 21 2017, 00:11

Thanks Scrz for the comment, I'm slow to respond as I left town for a week right after posting. Yeah I got these guys second hand so I didn't kit them out myself and since I got them with no extra bits even if I ripped the shredder off I have no spare weapons for him. Fingers crossed that the Shredder in 8th is an alright option to take.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23 2017, 15:19

It's been a long time since my last update but I did manage to finish up the last 5 Bloodbrides I had converted. This brings the unit up to ten strong. Now I just need to get these ladies a ride, which won't happen for a while as I have a box of scourges and a Voidraven bomber to work on.

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1811
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1812
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1810
Back to top Go down
Asgog
Slave
Asgog

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 07:42

What can I say I just read through this and it amazing, it is inspiring to see a very original take on dark eldar and the look amazing. The bloodbrides in particular are stunning. I'm definitely going to use those heads if I ever make a unit of them
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 13:54

Said it elsewhere, but these guys (and gals) are brilliamt Smile from what i gather Wyches are good again in 8th so you're in!

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25 2017, 23:15

Thank you very much Asgog, your kind words mean a lot to me and help keep me inspired to continue working on this force.

Thank you very much Ynneadwraith for your continued support, I'm so glad you've stuck with my plogs for this long and given such encouraging words and great ideas.
Back to top Go down
Morgrim
Hellion
Morgrim

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 01:07

Fantastic work! I really love those bloodbrides conversions. might have to steal that idea!
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 01:13

Thank you very much Morgrim, very glad you like them. If you do make some up drop a link in here, I'd love to see how yours turn out.
Back to top Go down
Scrz
Sybarite
Scrz

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 09:58

What a good looking bunch of murderers. I have always wanted to use those heads for something. Wyches seems like the perfect candidate. I never could justify the cost though. Seeing this I might have to reconsider. Smile

Squirrel!
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 15:24

Thank you Scrz, I'm really glad you like them.

Sadly the cost is a prohibitive factor, you're buying the sisters of slaughter box exclusively for the heads unless you have plans to also make some fantasy dark elf wyches. If you can get the heads from a bits site or buy/trade for some from an AoS player then it'll be much more affordable.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 21:48

Really nice work, I like the color scheme =)

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 04 2017, 22:04

Thank you very much Masamune, I'm thrilled to see the positive response to this force.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 08 2017, 15:29

Been a while since my last update but I managed to get a unit of Scourges finished, let me know what you guys think.

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1910
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1917
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1915
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1919
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1911
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1916
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1921
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1920
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1912
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1913
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1918
Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1914
Back to top Go down
Diurach
Hellion
Diurach

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11 2017, 13:07

Really, really nice work. I love that it's possible to trace the artwork that inspired you right through your models - kudos!
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11 2017, 15:41

Thank you very much for your comment Diurach, it's these kind words that help to keep me motivated to growing this force.
Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 11:07

I've said it elsewhere but these guys are brilliant Smile I'm having a lot of difficulty in choosing which wing design is my favourite Wink the black bat wings are just edging ahead I think but the rest are hot on the trail...

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 14:39

Each wing set painting is great and different, but yet the whole group works just fine.

Really nice work, and I love the flashy armor color, it really make them pop out !

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 14 2017, 03:39

Thank you very much for your kind words Ynneafwraith. I stoked you like the black bat wings as they were one set I was worried wouldn't translate well. Painting black in an interesting way is always a challenge as is putting depth into it. I'm happy I was able to paint it in an appealing way and managed to photograph it without losing too much depth on it.

Thank you masamune, I'm glad you like them. I'm thrilled the flashy colour choices are working out, I was nervous about going bright pink at the beginning of this project but I'm definitely liking how it's turned out.
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 08 2017, 04:31

I'm quite late in posting this here but this was my entry for Armies on Parade 2017. Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 Img_1910
Back to top Go down
Tzelok
Hellion
Tzelok

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 30 2017, 21:38

That is a BEAUTIFUL display - I love what you did with the plasma disc (at least I think it's a disc, though I suppose could be an orb).

I was considering using one myself but couldn't think through how I would cover the back of it up, I like how you integrated it into the wall. Really cool idea and great execution!

Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01 2017, 06:20

Thank you very much Tzelok for your kind words. It is indeed a disc. I struggled a bit on how to hide the back section of it as well. The wall is a bit of a last minute stop-gap to get the project finished. I'm looking at making it a permanent terrain piece to be used in games and will be thinking of new ways to build it into something different for the tabletop.

I'm really glad you like the display though, I'm excited to add more models to this force in the new year.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 01 2017, 22:55

The all around diorama looks amazing, the electric thingy is the cherry on the cake ^^

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar   Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inevitable_Faith's Dark Eldar
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next