THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari Vaul Wrath batteries

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mononcule
Kabalite Warrior
Mononcule

Ynnari Vaul Wrath batteries Empty
PostSubject: Ynnari Vaul Wrath batteries   Ynnari Vaul Wrath batteries I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18 2017, 12:36

I'm new to all thing eldar so I dont really know this small unit. I faced a msu ork list with grot artilleries hidden in every ruins and they are a nightmare to shoot with T7 4+ cover at only ~30pts piece.

I dont often use the heavy slot but when I do its for talos or ravagers, two units that I dont plan to use much in Ynnari lists.

I see blind as a very useful rule as I often face orks and necrons. What do you think of this unit?
Back to top Go down
lelith
Sybarite
lelith

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Vaul Wrath batteries   Ynnari Vaul Wrath batteries I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 18 2017, 14:12

I used them a few times (not so many though) last year, which was not so impressive. The 24-inch range of D-cannon was not so much satisfying for me, while the other two weapons look too situational.

However, recently I ordered three boxes of Vaul's battery for two reasons. I'm organizing my Ynnari army as a beta-striking one where most of units start from the reserve (e.g., Ynnead's Net, The Yncarne, WWP). I need a strong and stable anchor for the first two turns for this purpose. Also my list should use at least three revenant psykers, so I'm expecting to snipe an enemy model with the double-tapping D-cannon from the soulburst psychic powers.

Regarding the horde control though, CWE has better choices I guess like a night spinner?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Vaul Wrath batteries   Ynnari Vaul Wrath batteries I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 19 2017, 06:07

They're the Eldar's cheap anchor babies, made worse by the Ynnari not having access to a VSG. Typically used with scatbike/spider lists to give the player the option to start most of their stuff in reserves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ynnari Vaul Wrath batteries   Ynnari Vaul Wrath batteries I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari Vaul Wrath batteries
Page 1 of 1