THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dalamar
Sybarite

8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum Empty
PostSubject: 8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum   8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeTue May 09 2017, 17:36

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/09/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-astra-militarum/

Reece from Frontline Gaming's Guard article is up, and while they were asked to write hype pieces for the new edition with no rules specifics, (see frankie's CSM article) Reece's has some tidbits.

"Nope, now, with the added “encouraging” presence of a nearby Commissar – which limits the losses of a bad Morale test – Astra Militarum are downright stalwart. Even Ratlings – with their sniper weapons allowing them to pick out and target Characters – will now be reaping a tally on your enemy’s leaders in the name of the Emperor!"

"Leman Russes, for example, have Toughness 8 and a 3+ save, so they won’t be slowing down until they’ve lost half of their 12 Wounds."

"Orders work automatically now and provide a variety of bonuses. You have 7 to choose from, but the one I want to discuss is ‘First Rank, Fire! Second Rank, Fire!’. This now makes a unit of Astra Militarum infantry treat their lasguns and hot-shot lasguns as Rapid Fire 2; that’s 4 shots per Guardsman at half range!"

So some questions maybe answered. Snipers sniping characters, how certain characters can effect morale, A tanks stats, and a bonus how guard orders work.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum   8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeWed May 10 2017, 00:02

Although it will speed up the game and spare arguments, the loss of facings is a loss for strategic opportunities.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum   8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeWed May 10 2017, 00:10

Tounguekutter wrote:
Although it will speed up the game and spare arguments, the loss of facings is a loss for strategic opportunities.

Exactly like Age of Sigmar, you'll be able to replicate the battles on an electric football board.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum   8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeWed May 10 2017, 00:35

@TeenageAngst you can replicate any Tabletop game's mechanics on an electric football board. You'll never be able to replicate the distinct experience of playing a tabletop game. Acting live on stage will always have it's place in a world of increasing electronic screen power, in my opinion.

My 8th edition fandex is complete enough for appraisal (note that I completed it before any previews had been released) .  I'm sure there are inconsistencies, please let me know where they lie as you find them.  Thank you!  Click here for fandex
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum   8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeWed May 10 2017, 00:39

No, what I mean is that with the AoS gameplay, positioning and maneuvers are borderline useless since the games inevitably devolve into big piles of dudes in the middle of the table. You could replicate the gameplay by placing all the models on an electronic football board, turning it on, and watching them buzz about and knock each other over.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum   8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum I_icon_minitimeWed May 10 2017, 01:58

Tounguekutter wrote:

I admit I remain hopeful that there will be something like a -1 Armour save if shot from the rear 180 degree arc.

Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum   8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - Faction Focus: Astra Militarum
Page 1 of 1