THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids

Go down 
+15
CurstAlchemist
Tounguekutter
Von Snabel
|Meavar
wormfromhell
TeenageAngst
Ikol
The Red King
AngelicPerversion
Maraxus
Gobsmakked
Count Adhemar
CptMetal
krayd
Imateria
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids Empty
PostSubject: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 17:38

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/21/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-tyranids/

The Swarmlord looks like a real beast.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 18:00

I'm wondering if any of our units (like, say, wyches) will get a similar rule to what the genestealers are getting: +1A to every model if the unit is 10 or more models.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 18:05

If the small ones get a movement of 8, we'll probably have a movement of 7. So just one meager inch. Sad

Well, at least our transports seem to be stupidly fast!
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 18:20

They bloody well need to be. 1" faster than a massively armoured marine? Utterly ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 19:11

My Warrior team in SW:A has been eating face and is a lot of fun once again, I am sincerely hoping that this change to the army as a whole is a thing in 8th.

Genestealers sound really good, I might be inclined to field all 80-90 that have (every time you do a Tyranid trade with someone, they throw in bag of all their lame Genestealers).

Pyrovores could be the most improved unit in the 40K universe, ..... and still suck. We'll see. They must have a LOT of those lying around, unsold :-)
Back to top Go down
Maraxus
Hellion
Maraxus

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 19:13

from the article:
"I think Pyrovores may be one of the most improved units in the new edition, and a unit of them in a Tyrannocyte has won me many a game!"

Probably because you tossed that piece of trash at someone's head and knocked them out? But seriously, it'd be very surprising to ever see a 'nid player field pyrovores in a serious game and know what he's doing.
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 19:51

@Krayd Why would wyches get +1A for having models over 10? That is a pure horde army rule if I say so myself not something we do very well. Genestealers seem to be quite the terror but i will handle them as i do all threats shot it to death then assault it.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 20:13

AngelicPerversion wrote:
@Krayd Why would wyches get +1A for having models over 10? That is a pure horde army rule if I say so myself not something we do very well. Genestealers seem to be quite the terror but i will handle them as i do all threats shot it to death then assault it.  

A group of 10 clawed monstrosities tearing away at you seems about as disconcerting as a group of 10 knived acrobats flipping over and around you slicing at your weak points before you get your bearings... so why not? It seems like the game wants to reward players for taking large units, so such a rule might exist for units in every army, for all we know.
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 20:21

@krayd and then i invision massive hordes of wyches dying to small arms fire we are a msu army. You should shun any unit over 10 models because it takes away our greatest weapon speed. Although if you did want to field more you could load them ino a tauntulus but that would be a massive point sink in a very fragile unit. You can foot slog if u want your wyches would never see combat. The rule of 10 plus units to gain +1A is tailor made for nids we wont ever have the joy of such a rule because we do not play the same as nids.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 21:00

Actually, I'm kinda hoping for the return of the 3rd edition screaming horde of 20 wyches who come running out of a webway portal, assaulting anything within range.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 22:14

Nobody pointed out that genestealers can advance and change. Special rule for them? GW just putting out the hint?

And yeah looks like 7 inches. That makes me so mad. Reintroduce movement but make sure nobody is too much better than space marines...
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeSun May 21 2017, 22:35

My concern is will Gw give us any tools to counter the psychic phase. It seems like we will be the victims of many warp spawned tricks this addition if nothing is done. Tyranids can field quite a number if psychics and with the auhmented powers seen from the swarm lord I am sure hive tyrants, zoanthropes, and tervigons will be turning the tides of many battles
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 00:39

AngelicPerversion wrote:
My concern is will Gw give us any tools to counter the psychic phase. It seems like we will be the victims of many warp spawned tricks this addition if nothing is done. Tyranids can field quite a number if psychics and with the auhmented powers seen from the swarm lord I am sure hive tyrants, zoanthropes, and tervigons will be turning the tides of many battles
I definitely hope things like the Crucible of Malediction and Helm of Spite have had a boost this edition.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 04:55

Anyone else notice that our schtick (that being FNP) has been usurped by a Tyranid Psychic Power?

We ignore Wounds, on a 6+ now (according to the last Stream), but if I'm reading the rules for "Catalyst" right: 5+ save for wounds suffered.

Sounds like a better version of our FNP. That the Nids can toss around as a Psychic Power.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 05:09

Maybe, but PfP is (probably) automatic, and doesn't require a test or roll. Hopefully, haemonculi will provide buffs to it. It would also be nice if there is an offensive component as well, but that might be a bit too much to hope for.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 05:36

I said Tyranids were gonna be a powerful army.
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 06:15

@TeenageAngst They are an intergalatic hive of biblical proportions i saw that coming. We can still defeat them because the rules hint that posion will still be a part of the rules from what we are hearing. Splinter weapons will still mow down hive creatures like morning grass and coven units (fingers crossed) should still be able to assault and win against most nid units. We will have to thin the horde before dropping our assault units in to finish the job.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 07:27

Oh yeah, if poison is still a thing we're gonna have our natural advantage over that particular army, but other armies won't, and considering how rare Dark Eldar are on the tabletop, it's gonna take some time for this army to work its way into the meta. Plus, because we're the natural counter to Tyranids, and because Tyranids are going to be such a strong army, we're going to be even better in a competitive environment because we'll have a inherent edge on another very solid option.

Basically, Tyranids are going to be super good, but we're going to be very good too, and naturally good against Tyranids in particular, which means comparatively we're going to be table stompers.
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 08:47

@TeenageAngst i am not 100 percent sure about table stompers until I see the rest of our army, for me coven units in particular but unlike the other veteran players who have populated the rest of the website with negative feedback the last edition was utter hell. I am drinking the koolaid right now because believe me nothing could get worse from 7th edition as far as dark eldar players are concerned.
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 09:19

AngelicPerversion wrote:
I am drinking the koolaid right now because believe me nothing could get worse from 7th edition as far as dark eldar players are concerned.

GW employee: "challenge accepted"
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 09:46

In 7th edition dark eldar was not really good, but other armies were worse.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 09:55

wormfromhell wrote:
AngelicPerversion wrote:
I am drinking the koolaid right now because believe me nothing could get worse from 7th edition as far as dark eldar players are concerned.

GW employee: "challenge accepted"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4iOi_iPNC50 Jump to 1:19
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeMon May 22 2017, 13:24

Ikol wrote:
Anyone else notice that our schtick (that being FNP) has been usurped by a Tyranid Psychic Power?

We ignore Wounds, on a 6+ now (according to the last Stream), but if I'm reading the rules for "Catalyst" right: 5+ save for wounds suffered.

Sounds like a better version of our FNP.  That the Nids can toss around as a Psychic Power.
What a silly comment. Catalyst has been a Nid Psychic power that dishes out FnP for ages, it's pretty much unchanged here.
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 10:43

And sure, if PFP gives 6+ Fnp(basicly) and we get if from the first turn, aaaand it works agains high Str weaponds (Since no ID on S = T*2). And with a Cronos or whatever (and maybe some useful drugs) it can be improved.

I looked around but couldnt find the extact wording. But does the 6+ save agains wounds suffeered = +6 save to damaged taken ? Like a Lascanon shoots a wych, goes thought the armour and deals 4 dmg. Is the 6+ save made before of after the damage is rolled ?

I feel like I've read no somewhere but can't find it.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 10:47

I seem to recall reading that you roll for each wound suffered, so if a Lascannon does 4 wounds you roll 4 times and each 6 negates one of the wounds. If this can be improved in some way, via Covens units etc, then it may be exciting but at the moment I'm not that impressed with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids   8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - Faction Focus- Tyranids
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next