THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar

Go down 
+14
BetrayTheWorld
Squidmaster
Imateria
Count Adhemar
Devilogical
Dalamar
nerdelemental
Athalkar
amishprn86
TeenageAngst
CurstAlchemist
Kinnay
TheBaconPope
krayd
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar Empty
PostSubject: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 11 2017, 17:04

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/11/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-eldar/
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Eldar Reveal is Out (Craftworld)   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 11 2017, 17:04

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/11/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-eldar/
Back to top Go down
Kinnay
Wych
Kinnay

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 11 2017, 17:05

Mandiblasters causing Mortal Wounds? Why??

CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 11 2017, 17:48

Can't say I'm happy with Mortal Wound Mandiblasters myself.

Quote :
Phoenix Lords, especially, will benefit from a nice 2+ armour save. They’ve all been re-pointed to make all of the choices appealing...

Can we get some new, more "appealing", miniatures for them while your at it?
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 11 2017, 18:15

Their old models are beautiful.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 11 2017, 18:20

blah blah Eldar will be fine blah blah... No one was worried about DE.. wasted post, could have said something about the other 4 armies that are trash.. like DE, Orks GK's etc...

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 11 2017, 18:37

amishprn86 wrote:
blah blah Eldar will be fine blah blah... No one was worried about DE.. wasted post, could have said something about the other 4 armies that are trash.. like DE, Orks GK's etc...

Presumably, there will be a write-up for every army, one appearing every other day until the released of 8th edition. It would be nice if they would get to DE sooner rather than later.

Does Wailing Doom have the standard melta rule in the current edition? I noticed that the leaked rules for the new version do not require you to be at half range for the 'melta' ability (roll 2 dice, drop low result) to kick in.
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 11 2017, 18:48

Banshees get to attack first even if they didn't charge. Hope to see something similar for Wyches. Although I'd still be concerned with CC walking away letting the wyches stand there and get shot.

Spiffy profile on wailing doom.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 11 2017, 19:09

My point was, Eldar is fine, so why make the 1st write up about a army everyone knows will be fine.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 11 2017, 19:11

amishprn86 wrote:
My point was, Eldar is fine, so why make the 1st write up about a army everyone knows will be fine.

It's the third write-up, after Chaos Marines and Imperial Guard. I guess they want an even distribution of fine/will-they-be-fine armies.
Back to top Go down
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 11 2017, 19:13

Because it's extremely logical?
They're going to want to show the most iconic imagery from the game first.
right?
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeThu May 11 2017, 19:37

krayd wrote:

Does Wailing Doom have the standard melta rule in the current edition? I noticed that the leaked rules for the new version do not require you to be at half range for the 'melta' ability (roll 2 dice, drop low result) to kick in.

Standard melta rules for ranged attack, just armor bane on the melee attack. Both attacks were AP1.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 12 2017, 08:05

Ok, there is thread about eldar. So, can we see what they are going to be in new edition? No? Fine...

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 12 2017, 09:00

Mortal wounds for mandiblasters is just insane! Mortal Wounds are the sort of thing that should be dealt by D-weapons and other such stuff, not a bit of kit that has essentially always been a vaguely useful addition to the unit.

Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 12 2017, 11:46

Count Adhemar wrote:
Mortal wounds for mandiblasters is just insane! Mortal Wounds are the sort of thing that should be dealt by D-weapons and other such stuff, not a bit of kit that has essentially always been a vaguely useful addition to the unit.

What mortal wound do? I can`t remeber thread where it explained. It`s like instand death?

Succubus Ariel the Vengefull of the Wych cult Blade Denied to her sister, archon Elieae after the conquering Low Commoragh Dark spire.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 12 2017, 11:59

In AoS they bypass the Hit, Wound and Saving Throw. I'd guess something similar in 40K.

Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 12 2017, 12:19

Count Adhemar wrote:
In AoS they bypass the Hit, Wound and Saving Throw. I'd guess something similar in 40K.
Ugh, not quite. They're triggered in many different ways (automatically, off the to hit or off the to wound roll) but always ignore armour and in 40K will ignore invulns as well.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 12 2017, 12:54

Imateria wrote:
Count Adhemar wrote:
Ugh, not quite. They're triggered in many different ways (automatically, off the to hit or off the to wound roll) but always ignore armour and in 40K will ignore invulns as well.

I admit I don't actually play AoS but this was taken directly from the rules on their website:

MORTAL WOUNDS
Some attacks inflict mortal wounds. Do not make hit, wound or save rolls for a mortal wound – just allocate the wounds to models from the target unit as described above.

Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 12 2017, 13:30

If the rules are the same.....thats alarming.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
nerdelemental
Kabalite Warrior
nerdelemental

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 12 2017, 13:51

I never realized Mandiblasters were so effing powerful. Sheesh. That's just silly.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 12 2017, 13:55

Thats sound good for scorpions. Can`t say previous version of mandiblasters was bad )))

Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 12 2017, 14:25

From their statement here https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/28/new-warhammer-40000-psychic-phase/

Quote :
Mortal Wounds are a new mechanic too – these cannot be saved by any means and punch straight through thick armour and even invulnerable saves! Ouch.

Yet in the Craftworld faction focus article https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/11/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-eldar/,

Quote :
the Avatar of Khaine. With an ability that means he can even ignore some mortal wounds, he’ll be better protected than ever while filling your army with the fighting spirit of Kaela Mensha Khaine!

So I'm understanding it as, under normal circumstance mortal wounds bypass armor and invulnerability saves but there will be the occasion unit with an ability to ignore mortal wounds if those mortal wounds are inflicted by x. For the Avatar I think this is referring to the ones that will most likely be inflicted by the Emperor's Sword (basing this off of current rules where the Avatar of Khaine is immune to it's attacks).
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 12 2017, 15:40

Maybe this is a sign of things to come for many different units. I love the fluff of striking scorpions, but I never played before 6th edition, and in both 6th and 7th edition, they were basically never played in a competitive environment because they just didn't have anything that great about them. Perhaps this will change that.

Banshees also needed a boost that it sounds like they got.

Maybe 8th will make MANY units far more deadly than they previously were. I'd consider this a good thing. This gives me hope for wyches, some of my favorite models and fluff in 40k.
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeFri May 12 2017, 20:57

the mandiblasters go from strength 3 to the new D equivalent! 10 scorpions on the charge will be absolutely deadly!

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitimeSat May 13 2017, 00:08

BetrayTheWorld wrote:
Maybe this is a sign of things to come for many different units. I love the fluff of striking scorpions, but I never played before 6th edition, and in both 6th and 7th edition, they were basically never played in a competitive environment because they just didn't have anything that great about them. Perhaps this will change that.

Banshees also needed a boost that it sounds like they got.

Maybe 8th will make MANY units far more deadly than they previously were. I'd consider this a good thing. This gives me hope for wyches, some of my favorite models and fluff in 40k.
When I was playing in 3rd edition one of my most regular opponents was Eldar. A lot of the time the game would come down to how our melee units ended up matching up:
Wyches vs Banshees and Incubi vs Scorpions = Dark Eldar victory
Wyches vs Scorpions and Incubi vs Banshees = Eldar victory

I do miss the days when any of those units were viable.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar   8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - Faction Focus: Craftworld Eldar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next