THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard

Go down 
+6
Maraxus
JonTheArchon
Draco
Sigmaril
closecraig
Count Adhemar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard Empty
PostSubject: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 16:46

Linky
Back to top Go down
closecraig
Hellion
closecraig

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 16:57

'This is further backed up by Plague Marines being able to wound fleshy targets more easily with their poisoned blades.' - Potentially Poison will be limited to anything that doesn't have the Vehicle keyword?

Edit: Looks like that was gathered from the brief of how plague marines worked in 7th. Got carried away!
Back to top Go down
Sigmaril
Sybarite
Sigmaril

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 19:22

Their plague knives used to be Poisoned, and now they reroll 1's to wound. Anyone want to take a bet that our poison will do the same?
Back to top Go down
Draco
Kabalite Warrior
Draco

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 19:35

Sigmaril wrote:
Their plague knives used to be Poisoned, and now they reroll 1's to wound. Anyone want to take a bet that our poison will do the same?

If that's the case, I wonder what the Strength will be. 3?
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion
JonTheArchon

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 19:40

Draco wrote:
Sigmaril wrote:

If that's the case, I wonder what the Strength will be. 3?

If this is how it ends up im not sure how i would feel, yes rerolling ones would help but we would be wounding most things on five. I'm playing my DE no matter how this edition turns out though so just further speculation.

As far as Death Guard goes, my friend plays them a lot already and this seems like they will be an exciting challenge in this new edition.
Back to top Go down
Maraxus
Hellion
Maraxus

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 19:53

Looks good. Not a big change from before, but more refined. Though those poxwalkers seem potentially a little too powerful against some armies.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 22:16

In the bizarro-world GW is creating, our poison is going to be more effective against armor and big creatures, and our heavy weapons will be better against tough infantry. Mostly because we have just so much poison, and rerolling 1s is a nice across the board bonus. Terrible against what it used to be used for though.
Back to top Go down
JonTheArchon
Hellion
JonTheArchon

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 22:36

If that's the case I'll just think of it as some tyoe acid rather than poison, and the heavy weapons as some kind of magical anti-infantry Smile
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 23:20

I was just gonna think of it as rerolling 1s. They seem pretty adamant about removing all verisimilitude for the sake of the mystical aesthetic of "game design" so I'll go along to get along.
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 01:13

They are going to be a tough matchup for armies relying heavily on high strength shooting. I can see most tau player weeping as nurgle rejoices. I believe most dark eldar armies bring enough firepower to force enough rolls that they will take casualties.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 07:25

AngelicPerversion wrote:
They are going to be a tough matchup for armies relying heavily on high strength shooting. I can see most tau player weeping as nurgle rejoices. I believe most dark eldar armies bring enough firepower to force enough rolls that they will take casualties.

Tau can bring an absolutely ridiculous quantity of mid-Strength (5-7) shooting. Drones, Fire Warriors, Broadsides, Crisis Suits with Burst Cannon etc. A single Broadside, assuming number of shots remains as is for weapons, puts out 16 S5-7 shots! There will be plenty of armies that struggle putting the Death Guard down but I don't think Tau will be one of them!
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 07:31

My mistake i mainly play againt the riptide formation in 7th edition so I didnt see many broadsides.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 09:34

Do we think the Blight Launcher (Assault 2, Strength 6, AP -2 weapon, D3 damage, 24″ range) mentioned in the article is their standard armament or some sort of special weapon? If it's standards then they're going to be outshooting Tau!
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 11:29

Special weapon, if thats their standard weapon then DG had better be 50pts a model.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 11:37

Reece on FLG just confirmed they are not the standard issue weapons. Whether that means they can all be upgraded or just 1 per 5 or whatever I don't know.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 12:10

Strength 3 with Re-roll of 1 would be worse against anything with toughness 4+.

If they do that, I'll hold front line gaming responsible for that.

I'm actually afraid now...
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 12:19

The article doesn't actually say that all poisoned weapons work like that, just their Plague Knives. I'm hopeful that we'll keep our current rule as it makes sense and is perfectly simple to use.
Back to top Go down
AngelicPerversion
Hellion
AngelicPerversion

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 13:11

I dont see why they would change our posion rule either if anything they should give us a -1 ap modifier as a thank you for how wrong we were done last edition.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard   8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - Faction Focus - Death Guard
Page 1 of 1