THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - Leaked rules

Go down 
+41
Korwey
aurynn
Azdrubael
Leninade
amorrowlyday
Xivai
Gobsmakked
krayd
drdoom222222
Massaen
Painjunky
|Meavar
Hen Tai, the tentacle guy
SERAFF
Kantalla
Rusty293
CurstAlchemist
doriii
The Shredder
4thDimensionWizard
Demantiae
Hellstrom
Logan Frost
Dalamar
Dark Elf Dave
Draco
Imateria
Creeping Darkness
wormfromhell
TeenageAngst
CptMetal
Count Adhemar
Tounguekutter
amishprn86
Ikol
Voidhawk
The Red King
dumpeal
Archon_91
Sarkesian
Eldur
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 17:24

(just the image)
http://www.miniwars.eu/2017/05/reglamento-warhammer-40000.html

All units with the Fly keyword (i.e. our skimmers, jetbikes, Scourges, Hellions) can shoot after a Fall Back move. I expect this to transfer to units transported in skimmers...

Edit: also, Fall Back is like all movement, you use the Movement attribute!
Back to top Go down
Sarkesian
Kabalite Warrior
Sarkesian

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 20:53

Wow! If this is actually from the Dark Imperium book it looks like Hellions and Reavers essentially have a free hit and run! Flyers can shoot the turn that they fall back... I am totally fine with that.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 21:07

Though it looks like our flyers can't leave the board into ongoing reserve from a small tidbit about a Madeline crashing or stalling if it's minimum movement would take it off the board, but we don't know anything about flyers at the moment so that's just speculation, but I like the look of everything there otherwise!
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 21:52

I just hope we'll get as many flying units as our fluff suggest (meaning 95% of our forces)
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 22:25

Can't run and charge.
Back to top Go down
Voidhawk
Hellion
Voidhawk

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeTue May 23 2017, 22:46

The Red King wrote:
Can't run and charge.

Unless you're a Genestealer... or anyone else with specific rules that let you do it.

Face it, until we get the whole thing we're trying to assemble a house with only bits of the roof and half a chimney. And then trying to guess if it's a mansion or a hovel.
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 00:38

Voidhawk wrote:
The Red King wrote:
Can't run and charge.

Unless you're a Genestealer... or anyone else with specific rules that let you do it.

Face it, until we get the whole thing we're trying to assemble a house with only bits of the roof and half a chimney. And then trying to guess if it's a mansion or a hovel.

Nice metaphor.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 00:58

Yeah I saw this too.

Im really hoping Hellions will finally be good, DS into charging, Fallback into shooting, hopefully more than 12" move and better melee rules
Back to top Go down
Ikol
Wych
Ikol

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 01:04

Nids got 8".

I wouldn't expect more than 12"
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 02:00

I also suspect that many units will either be able to Run and Charge or re-roll or add to their Advance move. Otherwise just giving us +1 inch to our base move is a huge nerf to being able to re-roll Run and Charge moves.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 07:28

Tounguekutter wrote:
I also suspect that many units will either be able to Run and Charge or re-roll or add to their Advance move.  Otherwise just giving us +1 inch to our base move is a huge nerf to being able to re-roll Run and Charge moves.

Especially when we lost our advantage from having high Initiative. This is the one area of the rules that most concerns me at the moment. I really hope there's something we're missing because as it stands we've taken a serious nerf in our chances of surviving combat.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 16:56

Don't forget. Frontline gaming said we were improved.

Please let us be improved. Please let us be improved. Please...
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 17:33

Forget those dweebs in Frontline, I said we are gonna be great. For entirely different reasons too.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 17:41

You said because of our big movement stat and because we can effectively only make some enemy models fight, if we attack with two squads. Right?
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 21:10

CptMetal wrote:
You said because of our big movement stat and because we can effectively only make some enemy models fight, if we attack with two squads. Right?

I hope our skimmers get a turbo move because the star weaver only has a 16" move.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 22:09

Well. But it's 16 inches and firing without any penalty.
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 22:25

16" with the option to charge and the said shooting with no penalty seems fine to me. Let's wait for vehicle upgrades to see if there are further improvements.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeWed May 24 2017, 23:29

It might reappear later in the rules, but for now it seems that dangerous terrain for skimmers (FLY, now) landing in terrain is gone! Huzzah!
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 00:22

That's great. I always thought that a skimmer shouldn't be inmobilized for landing (hovering) over terrain..
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 00:29

Creeping Darkness wrote:
It might reappear later in the rules, but for now it seems that dangerous terrain for skimmers (FLY, now) landing in terrain is gone! Huzzah!
Thank god for that, DT for Skimmers was one of the most ridiculous rules in 7th.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 03:37

Imateria wrote:
Thank god for that, DT for Skimmers was one of the most ridiculous rules in 7th.

Yeah, the only way I made it work in my head was that my Skimmer was flying through the terrain, hence the chance at being damaged.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 03:40

CptMetal wrote:

Mobility is king. A 16" move means a turn 1 charge is not only possible but probable with enough boats. Boats that are carrying CC units that can be supported at long range by tons of cheap shooting.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 03:42

I am still worried that we'll have a lot of competition for speed.  White Scars, Ravenwing, Red Orks, Jetbike Craftworlders, Harlequins, etc., etc., etc.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 03:43

TeenageAngst wrote:
CptMetal wrote:

Mobility is king. A 16" move means a turn 1 charge is not only possible but probable with enough boats. Boats that are carrying CC units that can be supported at long range by tons of cheap shooting.

well, at least its hard not to outdo 7th. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 07:49

I still need to be convinced. What good is a first turn charge when my witches hit like a piece of paper?

But let's wait and see
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

8e - Leaked rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked rules   8e - Leaked rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - Leaked rules
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next