THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New Harlequins rules Leaked

Go down 
+8
amishprn86
Soulless Samurai
Void Prince
DevilDoll
SCP Yeeman
The Strange Dark One
Silverglade
Skulnbonz
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

New Harlequins rules Leaked Empty
PostSubject: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2020, 14:16

I will not directly post the rules, but i will link to them as we should not post directly onto this site.
https://imgur.com/gallery/LzGjui1

PS: They are actually very good.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2020, 16:05

wow. So many ideas....

Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2020, 16:11

Wow. Really great rules.

I will definitely be reintroducing my quins to my DE force from time to time.

This is coming in the June WD?
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2020, 16:19

I've been toying with the thought of making a Harlequinn detachment for some time now and some of these rules really sweeten the idea.

Especially the alternative abilities for the Death Jester look massive. Denying overwatch and lowering movement? I'm tempted to screw the Vexator Mask and bring a Vanguard with three of these guys and a Troupe Master.

It's really nice that the Troupe Master gets more close combat abilities since he won't be buffing Troupes in my list (for now).
Inflicting 2 guaranteed Mortal Wounds when attacking? Sooo tasty.

There are many other great bits, but those stand out for me personally.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2020, 17:57

i like the new death jester relic. Couple it with that new pivotal role that adds 12 inches to the range and you actually have a decent sniper shooting from 48 inches away with str6 -3 3 that can actually cause two hits with the dreaming shadow stratagem... not bad for 45 points
Back to top Go down
SCP Yeeman
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2020, 18:54

These help Harlies quite a bit I believe.
Lots of nice combos, lots of help, lots of fluffy/tricky things for opponents to worry about.

I like the DJ w/ the 1 hit = 3 + the Relic. 3 hits, str. 6, ap. -3, 3D3 Mortals, -6 LD... Just gross.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2020, 19:02

SCP Yeeman wrote:
These help Harlies quite a bit I believe.
Lots of nice combos, lots of help, lots of fluffy/tricky things for opponents to worry about.

I like the DJ w/ the 1 hit = 3 + the Relic. 3 hits, str. 6, ap. -3, 3D3 Mortals, -6 LD... Just gross.

omg you are right the relic actually says EACH time an infantry model is killed the unit suffers d3 mortal so 3 hits, 3 dead infantry and 3d3 mortals... that guy can take out an entire unit of guardsmen and the like in one shot lol
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeMon May 11 2020, 19:12

A large unit of Frozen Stars troops outfitted with Kisses or Caresses with a Troupe Master reroll wounds aura plus the Murderous Entrance strat is now a serious threat to almost anything in the game.

The strat to let the Shadowseer -1wound ability benefit transports and bikes is also really nice.

And a Vanguard of three Death Jesters with one having the relic looks very tasty in Aeldari soup.

Troupe Masters with their exclusive relic that adds attacks equal to the turn give the Solitaire competition for best blender character.
All in all, I’m pleasantly surprised.

Edit: forgot to mention that the Twilight Encore strat is legit amazing, as it potentially allows a Troupe to consolidate back into combat after an enemy unit falls back(!).
Back to top Go down
Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2020, 10:05

I agree sweetbacon that a "Vanguard of three Death Jesters" is going to look quite interesting. Just pack as many relics as you can between them and wait for people to shout overpowered! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2020, 16:15

Am I right in thinking you still get to use Pivotal Role abilities in a Ynnari-Harlequin detachment?

Void Prince
Hellion
Void Prince

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2020, 17:11

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Am I right in thinking you still get to use Pivotal Role abilities in a Ynnari-Harlequin detachment?

As for instance, a Troupe Master – swops out Choreographer of War for the above I believe so?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2020, 20:57

Soulless Samurai wrote:

Yes you can b.c it says what you can not use not what you can use. Unless it is faq'ed saying you can not use Pivotal Roles, then you can.

Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2020, 23:04

It occurs to me that the rules for that Harlequin special character aren't here, so presumably that model will indeed be Imperium-only.

amishprn86 wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:

Yes you can b.c it says what you can not use not what you can use. Unless it is faq'ed saying you can not use Pivotal Roles, then you can.

Cool. Thanks.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2020, 23:10

Now they might FAQ it out tho, so get ready for that.

Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeTue May 12 2020, 23:57

Soulless Samurai wrote:
It occurs to me that the rules for that Harlequin special character aren't here, so presumably that model will indeed be Imperium-only.

You mean the human wearing a harlequin halloween costume? Pfffsh...they can keep it.
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2020, 02:00

Question about the new Death Jester relic cannon and the triple hit Pivotal Role. So, if I’m understanding this correctly, each time a model is slain with the Wail profile, the unit suffers D3 MW, so if you shoot the triple shot at a unit with six or more models and kill three, you’ll then do 3D3 MWs on top of that?
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2020, 03:28

Yes.

Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2020, 11:53

What does WD stand for? Because my head just reads it as Western Digital. Razz

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2020, 11:55

Gelmir wrote:

White Dwarf. Razz

sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2020, 13:48

Gelmir wrote:

White Dwarf
Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2020, 17:14

With the nerf to Iron Hands and Imperial Fists, Knights were starting to creep back into my local meta before lockdown, which had me somewhat worried as I always seem to roll poorly for hits and wounds with Skyweavers (it's not uncommon for 10-15 bikes to just BARELY manage to kill a single Repulsor when I use them).  Fortunately, after rolling it out numerous times, I'm relieved to report that a 12 man Frozen Star Troupe all armed with caresses buffed by Murderous Entrance and a Great Harlequin Troupe Master's re-roll wound aura reliably kills a Knight WITHOUT having to use War Dancers.  It's 4CP but having another way to reliably bring down a Knight or tough vehicle with basic troops is nice to have in my back pocket when my bikes inevitably fail me.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2020, 19:44

Funny, b.c i'm 100% sure my Coven can deal with a knights army better than anything i can play. I go against IF/IH/UW players for marines, they also bring either 2-3 Dreads or 2-3 Repulsors and they are all dead either turn 1 or by turn 2.

Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2020, 20:18

My Covens army CAN deal with Knights IF I can make my PoF saves, which given my average dice rolling is a very swingy proposition. My CWE + Covens army has a much easier time dealing with Knights, but my mono Quins army has struggled with Knights and lots of vehicles in general due to the lackluster performance of my Skyweavers (I don't usually run fusion boats).
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2020, 20:37

Oh i just spam DT Raiders lol, i have lots of Talos too. You be surprised how much damage a +1W and D set of  raiders can do to knights/Dreads, tho i'm playing with 10+ so that might be why. My talos is extra b.c hitting on 4+ kinda sucks, but wounding on 3+ and 5+ for MW's and D3MW's is nice and they pool most the damage. If they live turn 1 its over for them turn 2, or if i end up going first, a Knight is 100% dead no matter what.

Back to top Go down
sweetbacon
Wych
sweetbacon

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitimeWed May 13 2020, 20:48

Funny you should mention DT Raiders, as I'm working on a list of double battalion DT with nine Raiders and tons of Hex Rifles with a Harlequins Vanguard for new DJ and Solitaire shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Harlequins rules Leaked   New Harlequins rules Leaked I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Harlequins rules Leaked
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next