THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)

Go down 
+16
organicpesticide
CurstAlchemist
CptMetal
The Shredder
Massaen
Painjunky
TheBaconPope
Eldur
Creeping Darkness
amishprn86
krayd
TeenageAngst
Bhaal
Dalamar
Logan Frost
RoadRageRob666
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) Empty
PostSubject: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 21:59

Hey everyone, thought I'd update all you emos on the new leaks.

Here are the 12 detachments: https://imgur.com/a/LOY7Y

Here are the new Shooting rules: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2017/05/40k-8th-shooting-rules-spotted.html

Important to note, is that if you have both a pistol and non-pistol weapon, you have to choose to fire *one* or the *other*, not both (there was some confusion about this for people who didnt read the whole thing Wink ).

Thanks to Dalamar, here are some more leaks!

Primaris HellBlaster Squad Dataslate : https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/6db87ebf7fb15a669ed18ca6f122b90cd86c4ddc7b676ed31938b4ec825c13cf.jpg

Various Primaris Units/Weapons Points Values: https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/ad853f0da409aed4ce5b4b1d2d6d9812e16d0ec89d45d10772042c6c120c189c.jpg

Charge/Fight Phase Rules: https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/25c46cb9b917892a24a1476c3507e8764c318af7ecfff24824a7a0f02e6fc46c.jpg

Morale and Transports Rules: https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/57b31aed4221fdafb1af7281eb4b3b5fafc122a06f0bb3dc7a06abe660e928ce.jpg

Lots of stuff to go over here, boys and girls!

Edit, Edit: Here is a good chunk of the CORE RULES: https://imgur.com/a/hYQup

Last edited by RoadRageRob666 on Fri May 26 2017, 23:25; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 22:35

Shooting is pretty straightforward.

Detachments might he problematic, especially if you want to maximize CP.
Back to top Go down
Dalamar
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 22:54

make sure you scroll down the comments on the BoLs article. Someone has posted a lot more stuff including the points for those new marines. lets just say not cheap.
Back to top Go down
Bhaal
Hellion
Bhaal

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 23:06

Assuming the same point cost for our units and that we can take them in the same way, a minimalistic Brigade Detachment would give us 9 command points for only 738 points.

If command points are game changingly good, we'll want to consider doing that. And it gives us room to play with detatchments that don't give as many command points while still having a good amount by the time battle starts.
Back to top Go down
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 23:10

Dalamar wrote:

Thanks, Dalamar! Ive updated the main post with the stuff on BoLS and the Core Rules leak that was on Reddit!
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 23:49

Things I like:

- Flyer wings are a thing still.

- Ability to take formations that maximize a specific slot.

- You can just throw an extra unit of something in at the expense of a command point.

- Points seem more granular, meaning there is in fact a chance they might be properly balanced.

- Things seem more straightforward in regards to the phases, even if they are ripped off wholesale from AoS.

- You have the option to just bring a single LoW without any consequence.

- Troops are now entirely optional.

Things I don't like:

- Perils of the Warp is boring.

- The only command benefits that exist are more command points, and they disproportionately favor the CAD-like detachments.

- There's literally no reason to bring half the detachments listed.

- They ripped the gameplay off wholesale from AoS.

- All verisimilitude, strategy, and bombastic fantasy themes have been reduced to a stale and simplified dice game with gameplay that can be replicated on an electronic football board.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 00:04

Two things I noticed after reading through the core rules:

- There is nothing, unless I missed it, about charging units getting +1A

- *Everyone* who took casualties in the fight phase has to take morale tests... so, theoretically, it's possible for you to inflict fewer casualties than your opponent in cc, and then have your opponent still fail their morale check and take enough casualties to make up the difference.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 00:42

AoS could have been a test for 40k tho, if its true its been 18 months of testing, its not hard to believe this.

I still want to see army rules Smile Man i cant wait!
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 01:04

So you take whatever you want in your army, then fit it into whatever detachments give you the most command points. Got it.
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 01:43

So if yor transport is destroyed in combat you must disembark properly (after removing 1/6 of the passengers) and 1" away from any enemy units (out of close combat). This means that units inside venoms shouldn't be charging (on their own) but Raiders remain an interesting option for wyches, incubi, etc.
Gunboats still remain more protected while in close combat under most circumstances, if the Fly rule allows passengers to shoot after Falling Back.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 01:53

Yep surrounding a transport before killing it is gonna be bad. Especially since you have to disembark before it is removed, so don't even get to be placed where it was!

I do like the assault weapons shooting and a advancing. Nids and shoota boyz are back in the game!
Back to top Go down
Logan Frost
Sybarite
Logan Frost

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 01:56

Considering how heavy and assault weapons work I'll have to buy some more scourges.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 04:34

I'm concerned about the dedicated transport section..it doesn't bode well for a gunboat army if we can only take transports for half our units..
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 04:40

TheBaconPope wrote:
I'm concerned about the dedicated transport section..it doesn't bode well for a gunboat army if we can only take transports for half our units..

The wording is a little strange, but I think it just means that you can take a dedicated transport for every 'other' unit, as in 'other than the transport' - which translates to 'you can take one dedicated transport for every unit that can take a dedicated transport'.
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 05:20

Cover is a flat +1 to save roll for any unit entirely on or in a terrain feature... that's it.

Good for our skimmers i guess.
Back to top Go down
Eldur
Sybarite
Eldur

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 05:44

Cover is +1 save which means AP is the new ignores cover. DE rejoice, lances, blasters and disintegrators for everyone!

Also, one question: no penalties at all for charging into cover???
Back to top Go down
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 05:45

Last edited by RoadRageRob666 on Sat May 27 2017, 05:49; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 05:46

A point of note is that assault weapons can fire after advancing at -1 to hit. That's all well and good, but what the heck is Battle Focus going to do then?
Back to top Go down
Painjunky
Wych
Painjunky

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 05:48

Doesn't affect invuln saves.
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 06:17

TeenageAngst wrote:
Things I like:
- Flyer wings are a thing still.
- Ability to take formations that maximize a specific slot.
- You can just throw an extra unit of something in at the expense of a command point.
- Points seem more granular, meaning there is in fact a chance they might be properly balanced.
- Things seem more straightforward in regards to the phases, even if they are ripped off wholesale from AoS.
- You have the option to just bring a single LoW without any consequence.

- Flyer wings I know were something you were excited about and I am glad this has remained myself
- I don’t bank on these being specific slot detachments available in most competitive events until you take one of the standard ones.
- The single unit add in seems like a bone thrown to players who used specific formations (like 3 riptides in a wing?)
- With no other references so far, points are still up in the air but I tend to agree with you
- Please stop with the ‘ripped off from AoS stuff’ – its not. These are old rules from literally 2 decades ago being recycled in. there are a couple of things from AoS but in reality, these came from WHFB and 40k first.
- This single LoW access is because some of the smaller detachments don’t allow it I assume.
- Troops might optional for some events – but I am expecting plenty of events to require one of the core detachments to be used before you hit the optional ones… then again, if troops still keep obsec then they have a reason to be taken.

TeenageAngst wrote:
Things I don't like:
- Perils of the Warp is boring.
- The only command benefits that exist are more command points, and they disproportionately favor the CAD-like detachments.
- There's literally no reason to bring half the detachments listed.
- They ripped the gameplay off wholesale from AoS.
- All verisimilitude, strategy, and bombastic fantasy themes have been reduced to a stale and simplified dice game with gameplay that can be replicated on an electronic football board.

- Like I said above, I don’t think they will be entirely optional in organised play – either by organisers OR in the matched play rules – someone will change it.
- PotW is much more like earlier editions of 40k and I prefer it this way. The chart was yet another complexity that added time to play.
- I like the fact you are encouraged to run the CAD like detachments – its going to help balance things when you have an incentive to follow these lay outs
- There is plenty of reason to take all of them with the right armies
- Again with AoS… 40k and WHFB did nearly all of this 2 decades ago!
- Because you have seen the whole rulebook and all the army rules and unit entries you can make this statement of fact right? Right? No?? well then…

EVERY tabletop game can be replicated in electronic form – 40k is no different. That’s not why people play it. It’s actually more complex for the most part than old (3rd-7th ed) 40k – there is more to remember like individual move rates, more maths to do during play, modifiers in multiple phases and more besides.

People like to jump up and down and claim is simplified but then don’t actually stop and think about what we have seen. It’s easy to hate on GW due to their history but in this case – they have gone back to the golden ages of their games, torn sections wholesale from those books and then integrated them. Morale is the only new mechanic from AoS.

Stating the game is now a ‘simplified dice game’ is laughable.
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 07:00

Eldur wrote:
Cover is +1 save which means AP is the new ignores cover. DE rejoice, lances, blasters and disintegrators for everyone!

Also, one question: no penalties at all for charging into cover???

There are, however, slightly more complex cover rules for Cities of Death, as was mentioned in the respective Warhammer Community article. I presume that they'll become standard for those wanting a slightly more complex game.

I haven't seen anything on charging into cover, but I suspect there might be a movement penalty, if anything.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 07:04

Quote :
EVERY tabletop game can be replicated in electronic form – 40k is no different.

https://youtu.be/a1kvb5nOiqY?t=24s

Also I hope flyers still get bonuses like flight patterns and reserve shenanigans, but as I said, looking at the command point benefits, it looks like they're just gonna be used as one time buffs not constant things.

Quote :
I like the fact you are encouraged to run the CAD like detachments – its going to help balance things when you have an incentive to follow these lay outs

I guess so. Formations were cool though and they gave an army a certain flavor IMO. I liked the Grotesquerie, I even liked the Aspect Host. They had a fluffy feel to them and the bonuses they granted were neat, even if they were abused by competitive play.

Also if the Skittari and the Harlequins still don't have HQs how the heck are they supposed to fit into any of these detachments O_o
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 10:37

Troops being completely optional is something I find rather depressing. The whole point is that they're supposed to be the core of your army.

Honestly, these look less like detachments and more like DIY Formations.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 10:40

Anybody notice that fight and charge are two different phases and this means that witches don't get to dodge against overwatch?

So either charge with the transport first or die!
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitimeSat May 27 2017, 11:47

Troops are optional, but provide easier access to command points. 2 HQ and 2 Troops = 3 command points, 1 HQ + 2 non-Troops = 1 command point.

So having a core of Troops can help anchor your army around being able to do what it does better, via command points.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)   8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - All 12 New Detachments Leaked! (also shooting rules)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next