THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RoadRageRob666
Hellion
RoadRageRob666

8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index! Empty
PostSubject: 8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index!   8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index! I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 15:34

Have at er, folks: https://imgur.com/a/kPLQc
Back to top Go down
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index!   8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index! I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 16:12

I quite like what I'm seeing here.

Interested to see if Abaddon is HQ or LoW, but nice to see he's a powerful character again.
I suspect we see from his profile what the Deamon-Weapon rule does, which works for me.
I am however looking at Mark of Chaos Ascendant and wondering if Death Stars are going to be replaced with Death Bubbles of characters and aura effects.

Oblits also interesting to see that they;ve moved to random stats, but we are looking at an average Strength of 8, AP 2!

The Helldrake not having a minimum Movement is an interesting thing, meanig its not restricted ias a Zoomer anymore, but auto-regenerating wounds reach turn is alarming.

Notice that Oblits and Heldrakes are the same Power Rating? (10)
Compared to a Renegade Knight at 23?
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index!   8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index! I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 17:31

Looking good, I might actually play my CSM this time around i even have a Lord of Skulls that i converted to a walker (SO much better looking)

https://imgur.com/sbR3hbY
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index!   8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index! I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 22:54

So no penalties to hit the Heldrake? I wonder if flyers are back to 5ed style fast skimmers with attitude, or there is a section of the core rules that confers special abilities by battlefield role?
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index!   8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index! I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 23:13

Creeping Darkness wrote:
So no penalties to hit the Heldrake? I wonder if flyers are back to 5ed style fast skimmers with attitude, or there is a section of the core rules that confers special abilities by battlefield role?

The Shredder wrote:
Just saw this posted on dakkadakka:

Quote :
The "Fly" keyword applies to both true flyers and units that were classically designated as skimmers, such as the Devilfish. It is also the trigger keyword for anti-air or air-to-ground effects. For example, the Renegade Knight's autocannon array has a +1 vs. the Fly keyword and -1 vs. anything without it.

"True" flyers, like the T'au Sunshark, have a set of rules that basically replicate the current flyer mechanics. They have a minimum movement in their profile, the Supersonic rule which requires them to pivot up to 90 degrees before moving, and are Hard to Hit (-1 to hit them). They are also Airborne, and thus cannot be charged or fought by anything without the Fly keyword (and vice versa). Note that this does open the door up to interesting situations like an Eldar Falcon attempting to clip a Thunderbolt in midair. Note that with a minimum move and restricted turning, flyers will have to work very hard not to go off the map and be destroyed.

There are also some flyers that do not get these rules, notably the Helldrake. It has no minimum move or movement-restricting special rules, so is very mobile at the cost of being easier to engage- although since it has the Fly keyword and gains a bonus against airborne targets, it is still an antiair threat. This seems to be the paradigm they are applying to "slower" flyers, possibly including winged daemon princes or tyranids.

The one unanswered question is how they'll be handling Hover Mode vehicles like the Valkyrie.

Assuming it's correct, it looks like most flyers won't be able to charge or be charged.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index!   8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index! I_icon_minitimeMon May 29 2017, 23:28

Thanks, must have missed that one!
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index!   8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - Leaked CSM Rules/Datasheets/Points from Index!
Page 1 of 1