THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

White & red dark eldars

Go down 
+19
Falke
TheBaconPope
Rhivan
Ikol
RedRegicide
Cavash
Diurach
Lord Nakariial
Cherrycoke
wormfromhell
mightydoughnut
inevitable_faith
lmrz
Bedlam55
Ynneadwraith
Scrz
Marrath
Squidmaster
spellcheck2001
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19 2017, 18:14

Really like this one Smile i'm always impressed with multi-colour fades. Not something i've ever managed to do and be happy with the result but yours on the hood looks brilliant!

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 19 2017, 19:23

Dat Razorwing, a real masterpiece!
The electrical(?) border between white and dark looks brilliant!
The missile adds even more hot to the model.

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 20 2017, 12:55

Thank you both Embarassed

@Ynneadwraith : A simple gradient "in the fresh" + add separate highlights (one blue, one purple) and voila ^^. Needs some practice but it's a quick technique that can have beautiful results.

@Marrath : Yeah the idea here was to simulate the cloak effect (same as tau's camo-suits)
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Img44c10
(not mines)

.. and I made the separation with an effect from chest of colors, one of his first tutorials about power weapons ^^

Regarding the work in progres, I'm currently painting 2 archons (one with blaster & Huskblade (last model, converted), the other with blaster & power weapon (old model, sort of power fist with 2 blades). Both are ~50% completed.

I've also started working on the base of my old Talos, I guess I'll paint it next, as it's sitting on a shelf for to many years ^^"

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / White & red dark eldars - Page 2 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25 2017, 11:43

Quick update : Both archon are 95% done (misses both blaster's gold, & 1 face) but I didn't had any time to paint this weekend, so they'll probably be done tomorrow.

I'm also working on adding some other cinematic effects (dark lance shot, with a reversed plasma shot) and and some other's reactors flames.

Anyway, here's comes the post about the full army (I really have 0 time for the website, so better post them here ATM Smile)

Kabalite warriors

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e15
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e11
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e13
"Bob stop sleeping god dammit, we're making pictures here !"

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e10
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e12
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e14

I'll try to post from oldest to newest, so don't be too harsh on my old painting, I used to dilute paints way less and pay less attention to details ^^"

Kabalite warriors 2nd batch

Didn't had much time for the pictures so excuse low quality. Those ones have been painted a few months ago and should be finer (still no wet palette though Mad)

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e16
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e19
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e20
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e18
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e17
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e22
Still work in progress, I need to paint the beam (I'll go for purple on the exteriors)

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dark-e21

Hope you'll like them

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / White & red dark eldars - Page 2 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25 2017, 21:14

Do you shade your whites or just apply layers of colour i.e celestra gray-ulthuan gray-white scar?

wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25 2017, 21:31

Judging by the black in the crevices, I reckon he does shade. Looking great, especially love the banner on the second squad. Amazing freehand.

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
mightydoughnut
Sybarite
mightydoughnut

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 25 2017, 23:04

wormfromhell wrote:
Judging by the black in the crevices, I reckon he does shade. Looking great, especially love the banner on the second squad. Amazing freehand.

High-level painting tends to be deceptive with technique so I'd like the artist to comment on that. Very Happy

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26 2017, 13:34

@mightydoughnut : the recipy tends to change over time and depending on my mood haha.
For the 2nd squad painting, here is the recipy.

undercoat chaos black spray
Base Celestray grey (2 thin layers)
Layer Ulthuan grey (2 thin layers)

Recess lining chaos black (+ celestra/ulthuan correct if needed)

Layer mix ulthuan / white scar 2:1, (take this one as a wide highlight, try apply on zenital zones)

Highlight white scar.

Right now i'm using the same technique, but I added another step : before chaos black recess lining, I add a wide recess shading of nuln oil (makes kinda a double shading) : it adds more depths.

Note : you can use ulthuan grey for a "cold" white (thanks to the blue it contains), or eshin grey for a "warmer" effect ; use depending on adjacent colors and/or bases.

Another note : even if this seems deceptively long, you can start over a white base (~ceramite white spray) and apply only one layer of ulthuan grey. This drastically reduce the effort (3 less layers), but personally I don't like the texture effect ceramite white can add and ruin the miniature.

@wormfromhell : Thanks a lot, I do spend quite some time on them and usually people doesn't pay attention when playing :')

Now that I got a steadier hand and high quality brushes, I make very few mistakes when freehanding (painting on the inside of the pattern) and can do nice gradients underneath :p

Quick update : couldn't paint this weekend and yesterday (to much family and parties) but I'll finish my archon this afternoon ; you'll see the new white recipy in action

Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26 2017, 16:51

The Kabalites look stellar dude, fantastic work.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26 2017, 17:01

Thanks *-*

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 26 2017, 20:36

Archons

Here are the 2 archons, adapted for 8th edition.

One based on the new model, heavely converted (huskblade, blaster & PGL), and the other on an older model (Blaster, Power claw ?).

The white has been painted with the latest recipy.
I've also spent more time on the metallic parts (always have been a weakness to me), and had a special attention to the face.

Hope you'll like them.

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Archon14
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Archon10
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Archon12
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Archon11
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Archon16
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Archon13
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Archon15
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Archon18

Back to top Go down
Cherrycoke
Kabalite Warrior
Cherrycoke

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 03:49

Everything looks pretty cool and you definitely chose the right model from your army for your avatar. Great work. Smile
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 12:32

@Cherrycoke Thanks a lot Smile

I choose him because he's one of the latest painted, else I'm more a cultist guy d:

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 28 2017, 22:09

Hi there,

Don't have much time for modelling around now, so here are some pics of other miniatures (got so many to show still x'))

Second squad (got kinda mixed during shooting, sorry) go heavily converted thanks to a fusion between a wyches box and a gorgeous dark elves witches boxes ; allowing more dynamic poses through pinning.

Not all conversions are here, most are used in bloodbrides (next time  Razz)

Wyches

First squad

First squad, painted years ago Smile
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0511
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0514
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0513
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0516
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0518
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0519
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0539
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0540
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0541
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0542

Contains old models from my 2nd box ever bought (offred by my parents for a birthday haha, originnaly painted with some cadian flesh & dark green armor ; and then repainted to the grlorious red & white)
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0512
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0515
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0517

Second squad

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0527
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0529
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0528
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0525
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0526
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0524
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0530
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0533
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0531
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0532
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0534
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0535
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0536
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0544
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0543

Closups

And here are some close-ups as I thought those were'nt paying justice to the faces ^^'

(One of my old miniature, used as a succubus, still one of my favorite)
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0548
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0549
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0545
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0546
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0547

Hope you'll like them.

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01 2017, 12:51

Got some time to post some pictures (but not much to paint :'( ) so here are some more pictures.

Mandrakes

Painted a couple of years ago, when I was digging in again into warhammers after stopping some times. I wanted to get better & pay much attention to basing and also took some risks with OSL (Oriented Source Light).
I also spend some time for small conversions (most weapons are converted).

Back at the time I was pretty happy with them, but now I found the OSL effect lacking subtility, and the flame some punches. One thing cool about this effect and those specific guys, is that according to lore (in an older codex i guess) their skin absorb the light. So no OSL on the skin for a disturbing contrast ^^.

Nevertheless, I still find those minaitures really cool, and I'd love to get 5 more as they are doing great in 8th edition ^^

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0555
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0551
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0550
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0554
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0552
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0553
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0557
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0556

Hope you'll like them.

Back to top Go down
Lord Nakariial
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Nakariial

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 01 2017, 15:46

I clicked on this thinking that I wouldn't like a white themed Dark Eldar...I'm glad to say you hath proved me wrong! These look great and thanks for your quick tutorial on white Smile

Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 02 2017, 22:56

@Lord Nakariial : Thanks, very apreciated, and glad you liked them ^^.

At first I had some pressure at local gaming club.
"You're a good painter, why don't you go the standard color scheme, it would look way more better" and so on.. But I carried on and never regretted.

I had a very busy week end and couldn't paint much.
I finished the flames for reactors I forgot (Beastmaster & RWJet), and also finished painting the Kabalite warrior with Dark Lance + cinematic effect

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Kabali19
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Kabali20

And also started an old dusty miniature hanging on for ages : an Haemonculus.
Had a painting frenzy and I'me pretty happy with where this is going.

I have some wracks I need to re-paint, and this guy is a try for them : I've tried to make it all similar but weird & disturbing (caliban green all the stuff, random shades, yay)

Anyway it's a work in progress, should be done before the end of the week.

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Haemon10
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Haemon13
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Haemon12
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Haemon11

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 11 2017, 21:32

Hi there !

Some news : Haemonculus is done Smile
I'll probably won't use it (covens are really pricey, and not enough variety of miniatures without conversions) but it was refreshing  to paint it.

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 17101114
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 17101111
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 17101112
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 17101113

Currently working on a paid order for a friend : Mortarion from Forge world.
I'm really enjoying painting him, but it's a massive miniature and really need more work.
The level of details is astonishing and his armor is truely master crafted ^^.

Anyway, in our 'already painted' section, here are..

Incubies

They were a painting experiment, as I worked on more contrasts and depth onto their armors.
Personnaly I find them less subtle, but they looks better from a tabletop point of view so I'm more working like those now.

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0513
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0514
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0510
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0511
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0512
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0610

And I did corrected them back several weeks ago, turning their weapons blades to blue/white gradients (GW staff recommended to change the blades colors to make them more pop out).

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 17101110

I always liked the miniature (despite not having so many poses) and I'd like to get some more just to get them full white ^^
Maybe one day.

Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 07:18

Awesome!
The Haemonculus' bony/fleshy armour reminds me of the Trag Oul Necromancer set from Diablo 3, which i love.
Also like the decent highlights and care for details on your Incubi.
I am probably going to steal the technique you used for the blades on the bottom picture.
Really inspiring, thumbs up!

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 13:10

@Marrath thanks ^^.

For the haemy, it's ~the same white armor, except for a carrobourg crimson shade instead of nuln oil.

For the incubies blades it's a simple gradient from sotek green to white scar Wink
Looks great to contrast with white/red/green/yellow

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 13:03

Wow I've missed some major updates! Stupid work internet blocking the website Sad

Everything looks fantastic man Smile from the really crisp whites to the excellent freehand to the skintones on the Haemi and Archon's cloak to the conversions scattered around (particularly love the Witch-Elf Wyches and the action-shot Dark Lance).

Really interesting to hear your technique for the white armour. The effort in doing all of that certainly pays off! It's also interesting to see just how much it differs from my painting technique, and the different looks each of them produce. Mine's mainly basecoat everything a block colour, drybrush over one colour (actually trying to get the streaky drybrush effect to build texture) and then successive washes to build up depth. After that I'll maybe drybrush another lighter colour over some areas to further build depth, followed by an edge drybrush of Rhinox Hide to dirty stuff up.

So yeah, completely different Smile love your results though Smile

Check out may pan-Eldar projects Smile Exodites, Corsairs, Craftworld, True Kin, Croneworld (soon) and one Shadowseer!: http://www.thedarkcity.net/t14405-corsairs-exodites-craftworlders-and-hopefully-kabalites-soon
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 14:14

@Ynneadwraith : Thanks a lot ^^ It took a long time and many efforts (and you saw roughly half the army for now haha).

I barely can beleive your miniatures are painted so beautifully with drybrushes o_ô
I'd like to see a step by step ; I really curious as I've barely using drybrushing in years because I always get an effect too rough. I'm mostly using it for bases, hairs, chainmails and sometimes metals but that it...

Couldn't paint much lately and all you guys comments feels good, Thanks a lot to all of you.

Back to top Go down
Ynneadwraith
Twisted
Ynneadwraith

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 17:25

Haha thanks man Smile I suppose the reason drybrushing works for me is I'm actually looking for that sort of streaky look. Most of my schemes involve some sort of bone texture which tends to look better streaky rather than solid Smile

Actually speaking of step-by-steps our little convo about different painting styles has given me an idea for a blog post. I contribute to NafNaf's (La Danse Macabre guy) Objective Secured blog, and I was thinking that a neat idea would be a little showcase of different painting styles, with a step-by-step of different people's painting styles (with an emphasis on how everyone has a different technique).

It won't be happening immediately, but if you do have time to put together a little step-by-step I'd love to feature it in the mix Smile

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 11:17

Yeah your miniatures looks fantastic and have a very realistic finish *-*

Of course, with great pleasure, it would be an honor Embarassed

Soon enough I'll go into the Triumvirate of Ynnead, and into my second squad of scourges.
I'll can take pictures when painting those. Or if it's really later on, I still got lots of stuff to paint on my shelves(20 kabs warriors, sslyth, etc.)

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 11:26

Lots of stuff to do lately, almost no time to paint, so here's some more of the archives.
We're almost halfway through Razz

Scourges

Those guys have a special place in mah hart mah soul because they were one of the starting squad wich I painted seriously when going back to painting after a massive break (6 months +).

Worked hard on the details, the white armor (chaos black > ~8-9 layers of white scars for the "perfect" gradient ; at this day I still don't understand why I did this, as from a distance it all looks blended as pure white >.<). They were also first tries for patterns, ~tattoos and stuff, and also a better work on the basis.

Thay are special I thinks they were the miniatures that kept me painting afterward.

Looking back at them, I just want to scrap them and rework on them ; but I won't as it still show the path of amelioration since : better choice of colors, more colors, wet palette, better pencils & cleansers, etc.

+ I'm a huge fan of the models, and their gameplay (both 7th & now 8th) and just wish I had their weaponry magnetized ^^" The next 5 will haha.

White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0616
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0617
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0611
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0614
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0612
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0613
White & red dark eldars - Page 2 Dsc_0615

Hope you'll like them

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White & red dark eldars
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next