THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

White & red dark eldars

Go down 
+19
Falke
TheBaconPope
Rhivan
Ikol
RedRegicide
Cavash
Diurach
Lord Nakariial
Cherrycoke
wormfromhell
mightydoughnut
inevitable_faith
lmrz
Bedlam55
Ynneadwraith
Scrz
Marrath
Squidmaster
spellcheck2001
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 19 2017, 01:26

Nope, 2 thin layers of leadbelcher, a dot of runefang steel on the top.
Crimson carroburg with a good drop of lahmia after all to cover mistakes & emphatize shadows & wear/fatigue Wink

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / White & red dark eldars - Page 4 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 07 2017, 10:27

Sorry for the lack of post lately, I litteraly have 0 time for my hobbies those past weeks :/

Harlequins

The diamonds were exhausting to paint, but I'm quite happy with the result Smile
@Scrz If I remember you were interested by those :p

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0649
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0650
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0645
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0647
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0646
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0644
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0648
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0651
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0652
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0656
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0655
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0654
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Dsc_0653

And this is the Shadowseer with his new Domino cape (tut here : yay)
Already posted but I wanted to regroup ^^'

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Masamu39
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Masamu40
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Masamu42
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Masamu43
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Masamu41

Hope you'll like them

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / White & red dark eldars - Page 4 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2018, 14:53

Heya, sorry, long time I didn't posted (too much work, really) but I still weekly go checkout you guys project logs Wink

Anyway, here are the last ones painted : Hellions (right from a raiders of comoragh box, sleeping onto a GW storage back room, lucky me)

Hellions

Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures /:

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2031
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2024
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2025
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2023
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2027
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2028
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2026
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2022
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2032
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2021
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2030
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2029

Can't wait to test them soon with a full cult oriented army, with the new lovely codex.

Also, I've painted the Yncarne (yvraine & visarch on the go, soon) because the miniatures are gorgeous, and I'd like to test their gameplay ^^.

Yncarne

Lightly converted thanks the ghosts from AoS (can't remember their names for now, spirithosts something..) with a nice base which I got a little carried away with.

Originally I was going for the classical color scheme, even bought paints specially, but halfway through I found that it really didn't fit, so I went for the white dwarf cover (february 2k17 ?) with the blue/black and white yncarne, and I like (still got the pink hair though, but meh)

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2035
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2036
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2034
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2033
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2038
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2037

Won first place at a small GW paint contest (monsters & big vehicules) cheers

Hope you'll like them.
Cheers

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 13 2018, 17:32

This is a very good log, detailing an impressive army! I know all too well the challenges of painting white, but it always looks spectacular in the end. Fine work!

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 07:46

Thank you very much Smile

Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 14 2018, 09:07

The Yncarne looks fantastic, even if it wasn't the original plan I'm really impressed with the result. I have one of those I am planning to paint soon. How many pieces did you have it in before painting? I feel like a lot of the body will be hard to access with the swirls glued in place.

Not so sure on the Hellions, they look more orange than the rest of your army in the photos, and the colour doesn't look right. Is that a trick of the photography, or are they using a different palette?

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2018, 08:19

@Kantalla : Thank you very much Smile

About the Yncarne, I painted separatly the swirls and the body (in the WD they recommand to glue all hair and head to swirl, and the the body separatly) but I read it afterward, and had the Yncarne body + head (with some hair) on one way, the base + swirls aside.

Followed WD advice and pinned the Yncarne in the a*s with a clip and it was a breathe to paint ^^.
Also the arms are magnetized, it greatly helped for accessing face and stuff (supermagnet > cylinders 2mm x 2mm).

Regarding the pieces, I just got a straight up Yncarne, a box of spirit hosts (used roughly 1/3), and some slate planted/glued in a base covered in green stuff.

For the Hellions, mostly the photography are a mess (ended up painting late at night, took photo with cellphone & yellowish light).
Recipy wise, I didn't add a khorne red undercoat, went straight up for mephiston red.
Also used a druchii violet shade instead of a dark one, maybe it's that (but it should have made red looks colder..). Maybe orangish edge highlight too (wild rider instead of evil sunz scarlet)

also got a little lazy with the white, went for ulthuan > recess black shade > white scars edge highlight, instead of mixing ulthuan with white scar as a layer..

Anyway, I'm still waiting for armorcast to deliver plasma shot (roughly 1 month of waiting now Neutral ) in order to make surf's reactors flames. Once delivered & painted, I'll update the pictures with proper lightning & camera Smile

Back to top Go down
RedBaron109
Slave
RedBaron109

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue May 15 2018, 16:58

Hi. I really like your Yncarne, especially the look you gave to the sword! How did you achieved that?
Also your Hellions looks very good; I really like your freehand on the skyboards!
Really good work!
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 02:08

That's a great tip in terms of gluing the head and hair to the swirl and not the body. I have glued the head to the body though, will see if it can be convinced to separate cleanly. That would also allow a pin through the neck to paint the body with too. Otherwise, I am going to have to use the join in the hair, which will need some tidying up.

The Spirit Host additions are interesting, and seamlessly incorporated in your conversion. A good option if you feel like there isn't enough swirl on the model already. The slate on the base makes it look like the rune tablet was concealed under some rocks and the Yncarne has exploded out of it. I think I'll stick with the stock model, but do like what you have done with the base.

Will look forward to the proper photos of the Hellions. Right now the colour looks too orange to me, and I don't like them as much as your other work, but that might just be an artefact of the camera and lighting.

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed May 16 2018, 09:20

@RedBaron109 : Thanks :3
For the sword, it's a "simple" gradient chaos black > sotek green > ulthuan grey. And then a really diluted greenish glaze (cf. painting Visarch sword in february 2017 white dwarf), followed by white scar on final highlight.

You can go look for "miniature wet blending" on google, it looks impressive but it's really not that hard (I'd recommand GW lahmia medium and a wet palette though, it really helps).

To be honest I wanted to do more a back and forth on the sword, but got a little lazy and just make 2 huge gradients ^^'

@Kantalla :
Yeah, I kinda rushed the final assembly for the contest, and the hair joint is a mess, even with liquid green stuff :/
I'd recommand not pinning them, as you need perfect alignement (if you mess up the pinning, it's really hard to recover, even if not so visible).

Here are some WIP pictures, in case. I also didn't glue the swirls.
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2040
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2041
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2039

Yeah I felt the Yncarne wasn't that friendly, and wanted to add some evil-ish stuff to it, more than just a little slaaneshi horn. Tormented souls did the work ^^

Also the idea was to help army wide coherency, see WIP Yvraine & Visarch.
I also wanted to add subtle hints on other various DE miniatures, but maybe later ^^

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2042
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2044
White & red dark eldars - Page 4 Img_2043

For the base, true story, we had a 3 days weekend and went to friends for a 3 day warhammer painting session. I was tired AF and had for objectives to paint at least base colors on the Yncarne.
I went on the base, added green stuff around to fill the holes, and added the slates and stuff like I wasn't even thinking about it. And in the end I really love the result ^^

For the hellions, I just go my package from armorcast for the reactors flames ; but I still got some work to do for a birthday present for this weekend, so it should be up around next monday ^^

Cheers, and really thanks for your support

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23 2020, 11:50

Hey there !

Long time no post, due to intense amounts of work I couldn't spend time on the hobby for several months. I recently changed my way of life and now spend 1 hour every morning (before work) on minis, yay !

Also got an airbrush in the mean time /o/

Aaaanyway, here's my conversions of wraithblades, happily (of course) joining the army.
Hope you'll like them.

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 20092310

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 20092311

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 20092312

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 20092313

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 20092314

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 20092317

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 20092315

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 20092316

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 20092318

White & red dark eldars - Page 4 20092319

Got some bits of DE covens, Sister of Khaine, and some skavens.
All arms are pinned/magnetized so I can switch to axe/shield Smile

I hope you guys are all fine and well in here. Take care

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White & red dark eldars
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4