THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

White & red dark eldars

Go down 
+19
Falke
TheBaconPope
Rhivan
Ikol
RedRegicide
Cavash
Diurach
Lord Nakariial
Cherrycoke
wormfromhell
mightydoughnut
inevitable_faith
lmrz
Bedlam55
Ynneadwraith
Scrz
Marrath
Squidmaster
spellcheck2001
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Diurach
Hellion
Diurach

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16 2017, 13:35

I think this army looks great - but I think the vehicles in particular look stunning! Top work and please keep it coming.

Also thanks for posting this pic:

masamune wrote:

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17091417

That old Citadel paint pot brings back fond memories of childhood cheers
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17 2017, 12:37

Haha, thanks a lot, and yeah, I still cherish my reserves of blue/magenta/chestnut inks :p
Those are like ~20 years old, and sometimes I still add some drops of lahmia and reuse them ^^

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / White & red dark eldars - Page 3 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 18 2017, 10:12

( Got debilitating headaches for the past 2-3 days, I haven't painted Neutral but here are some more units)

Here for today, first part of my vehicules.

Raiders

At the beginning it was rather simple, with almost no patterns, but I found them to be rather tasteless ; so I added some freehanding without especially thinking about it. I like the final results.

Also they are a couple of crew riders in supplements, but they kept breaking so I had them removed :/

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0621
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0622
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0619
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0618

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0620
This one has a special place in my heart : I participated to a games day/GW anniversary and stayed the whole day, earned tickets through various events (speed painting, quizzs, etc.) and won the first prize through a tombola : a starter kit.

Fun fact : most prizes (4th to 10th) were big boxes of bits, accumulated from ~10 years of GW modelling, and as I just wanted those prizes I was wandering out as they called my ticket, and almost lost the prize ; I remember also tried to trade it (~50€) for one of those boxes :')

I thought this was a sign to get back, and mostly stay in the hobby Smile

The is the raider from the box. As a never forgetti, the flag contains the winning ticket number 433 that I still have, somewhere in my 'souvenirs' box.

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / White & red dark eldars - Page 3 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 20 2017, 19:19

Venoms

2 venoms, the first painted years ago, the second more recently (~a couple months).
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0624
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0627

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0625
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0626

Edit : Pictures for venoms n°2
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Img_2011
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Img_2014
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Img_2010
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Img_2012
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Img_2013

Got the inspiration for the eyes & mouth from a RZWJet with a magnificient skull with long fangs.
Tried to do something really good, but it has revealed been pretty hard due to the small surface & the cockpit, so I had to add water in my wine ^^'.
Still happy with the result from a tabletop point of view though.

Last edited by masamune on Tue Oct 24 2017, 01:35; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 21 2017, 16:37

The Scourges pop so well, their wings are great colour contrasts to the white. Your raiders are amazing, I love the freehand patterning, it's very punky and fits the DE well. Same goes for your Venoms, the patterns pop up perfectly and really showcase the contours of the vehicles. Great work all around, I really like them.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 21:10

Not going to lie, I want to shamelessly rip off this colour scheme. It works really nicely, and I really like the freehand work

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 21:27

Bro i love your vehicles, those are awesome

Wych
Ikol

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 22 2017, 22:17

That Shadowseer with the Domino effect is, hands down, the most amazing bit of modelling I have ever seen. Spent nearly 10 seconds parsing together what it actuallywas, and then stared in awe for another thirty before posting.

Resuming staring in three, two, one...

”Woe to our enemies.  We'll tear them apart regardless.” ~Barrywise
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23 2017, 10:57

Thank you all guys, I've been a bit depressed last week (work & $) and all your returns feels like a hot warm bubble ; really thank you all for your support.

Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 23 2017, 18:01

I know exactly what you mean Masamune, I've been going through those same problems myself too lately. Often getting a bit of painting done really helps to get my mind of things and just relax, unfortunately it can be hard to get the motivation to paint with those on your mind too. Things will get better.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 24 2017, 01:31

@inevitable_faith : Thanks a lot. I'm doing my best but it's a bit hard to mix time between work (as a freelance) and hobbies. Just lost a client and it's been a rude hit to my morale. Also I'm currently living in a small studio, where I have only one desk and can either work (laptop) or paint and even it's quick to switch, it feels like a pain ^^'.

Anyway I'm getting back to assembling/painting to get back some of my moral and we'll see how it evolves.

Currently taking a break from painting Mortarion, I'm getting back on my projects to finish for armies on parade (Albino sslyth & old Talos). Also prepared some pieces to mount a banner guy.

Today I've moslty worked (even if it was a couple of hours) on a project I wanted to do for a long time, a farseer skyrunner, Dark eldar style. I don't want to use anything other than DE, so I'll convert him hardcore style, with a lore like this

"He didn't wanted to follow the path so he went errent and tried Dark Eldar. When he saw that he couldn't use his powers anymore due to Vect laws, he went crazy and swore to never listen to anybody but himself. He's now a mercenary riding a stolen jetbike, only finding brief moments of lucidy in complete carnages & mutilation. In order to maintain this states, he tries to keep a maximum of (fresh) trophies & bodyparts around himself.

Torn between his old weapons, his new alleagence and his desperate need of freedom & power, he roams wherever the sound of battle seems the most astouding, unleashing terribles powers on his foes before jumping in the middle of battle in a complete forgetfulness of self."

Finally managed to get my hand on cheap used reavers (3 for 15€, IK ot's not worht it compared to gangs of commoragh but wtv) and I've chosen the pieces for the final assembly (mix of DE, harlies & CW dire avengers).

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17102410

Assembly is a pain as I want a very particular pose, on a biker but with some pinning done it's starting to get really cool. Should be done tomorrow.

Also a friend of mine provided me some miniatures magnets, and it's the first time I'm using some (bike > base & probably arms for alternate weapons). So far for the bike/base it was a pain to set in place, but works like a charm.

Ps : As promised, I edited precedent post to add the pictures for the 2nd venom.

Back to top Go down
Rhivan
Sybarite
Rhivan

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25 2017, 00:04

I'm really enjoying your paint scheme, the white really makes your other colors pop in a way that I really enjoy.

I'm looking at how you painted the guns on your guys and I am surprised at how good they look. They're painted so differently then most armies I see that it really stands out in a good way IMO.

EDIT: And the freehanding is exquisite, I'm in awe of a lot of the details you have on there and when I saw them the first time I couldn't help but think: How did he get paint the details so well!?!?

masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 25 2017, 18:29

@Rhivan : Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Rhivan wrote:
I'm really enjoying your paint scheme, the white really makes your other colors pop in a way that I really enjoy.

At first they were supposed to be all white, with touches of black. All together this went too much of a storm trooper style (back at the time I almost did 2 squads like those, and wanted to paint a Dark vador archon x')) but I quickly changed my mind, and added some red, & a little less greenish blue ^^.
Took to trials and errors but I'm fairly happy with the final result.

Rhivan wrote:
I'm looking at how you painted the guns on your guys and I am surprised at how good they look. They're painted so differently then most armies I see that it really stands out in a good way IMO.

Yeah they were a bit of a problem, as mettalic didn't pop out as much on a pure white. I did several tries and kept the black/metallic as it was the one giving the best results ^^.

Rhivan wrote:
And the freehanding is exquisite, I'm in awe of a lot of the details you have on there and when I saw them the first time I couldn't help but think: How did he get paint the details so well!?!?

Well there are 3 things.

First, I have a magnifying glass (articulated, with a lamp incorporated), and even if I doesn't use it as much as I used to be, for little intricate details it can help.

Second, I often have a story in my head for almost every miniature. You should ask questions : Why is it in this position, why this specific set of equipement, what says his/her face, etc. More extreme guys (faces screaming, etc.) will tend to have more tatoos, been in more expressive positions, and so on.

Also for characters I almost always takes note on various ideas and note them on post its. Often it takes several months (time/budget) even just to get the basic miniature and thoses ideas tends to grow, geting more and more lore and details (cf. DE farseer skyrunner, or the old "duel diorama" succubus). Often they are more ugly sketchs with a lots of arrow and sidenotes, but it does the work ^^. Here's some I've retrieve haha, some of them haven't still been done (haemi, grotesques).

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17102510
From top left to bottom right >

1. You can see a knife in a spacemarine helmet (designed for on my my knife throwing bloodbride, not sure I posted it yet, soon *-*)

2. Farseer skyrunner (WIP below) with particular pose.

3. Grotesque w. harlequins masks

4. Shadowseer domino effect ; tries & concept

5. Archon with shield ; I wanted to mix glue with nuln oil, then spill several layers on a ping pong ball/ small balloon, then remove & get a blackish translucent semisphere (papier maché style) but forgot / didn't have a proper positionned archon. Maybe on day ^^

6. Skyrunner farseer details (helmet on a chain behind, CW rune on the coat dephased with blood, left hand magic power, etc.)

7. RWJet, position test. I wanted it to be really lean out and be close to the ground, up to the point where he could have cutted a space marine in half.

Didn't found a victim miniature to use & added the missile; though it would be too much to have both. Maybe on the next one ^^'

Typically this kind of stuff is lore supported as RWJet pilots are supposed to be the ex- top notch of reavers, who uses those kinds of stupid risky technique to get point styles Smile

8. Haemi hevey converted project.

And finally the third hint to git gud : I often haven't much $ to spend into warhammer and I prefer buying cheaper stuff (kabalites warriors, 10 for ~22€) rather than say 2 clawed fiends for 30€, and immedialty after I love the 40k books and novels.

With that in mind, I didn't wanted to spend much $ into pencils and stuff, and painted for years with big fat pencils, used 'em for years and painting with 2-4 forks for each pencil. It really make you learn about methods, patience, been clean, and so on.

And earlier this year, my best friend had pity offered me roughly 40€ of quality pencils for my birthday. After years of pain, working with such clean equipement has increased my skill.

This and maybe painting since i was 12 (~18 years, no consistenly at all during years) and now getting back in the hobby, with hours reading tutorials, watching videos, and mostly testing stuff.
Always get your hands on a set of 10x slaaneshi daemonettes and go wild (pinning tests, drybrushs, lavis, etc.) with absolutly no regrets ^^

Well, what a wall of text, sorry about that.

Thanks to you guys support, I went on a assembly/painting frenzy on my several projects yersterday and I'll share the work in progress.

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Wip-fa10
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Wip-fa11
Heavily converted farseer skyrunner, DE style.
Both arms magnetized (right arm sword OR singing spear ; left arm shiruken pistol OR free hand psychic power)

hint : was my second time testing magnets ; 1st time on daemonettes ;D

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Wip-ss10
Albino sslyth, for the sword I wanted to go for the "black > obsidian" GW app color, but didn't had the last sort of paint. went for red > yellowish white gradient. Looks more like the sword from Chronicles of the dark moon to me but I can live with that haha.

Same thing lore wise, he's not supposed to have this kind of sword, but one day he saved his archon from death from those pesky eldars and took a hit from him. As a reward and a proof of trust, the archon let him took the sword. Now he's archon is long time dead, and he offering his services to the highest bidder, using the sword to pump up his salary as a proof of loyalty and competance.

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Wip-ta10

Talos, with a white armor, crimson caroburg shadow (like the haemi). I like the creepy result ^^

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Wip-ba10
Banner wearer (wanted one for armies on parade Mad), waiting for glue to dry before assembly.
Might be parts of skavens haha.

Hope you'll like them

Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27 2017, 02:33

That albino Sslyth looks great, I'm loving the way you coloured his scales. I'm not a fan of the old Talos model but I'm loving how the colours are coming out on yours. The pose on that jetbike guy is totally out there, it's badass in all the right ways.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2017, 11:52

Still working on Skyrunner farseer, Sslyth & talos. All done to ~80%. I might be able to post completed work this evening, and definitly will be done before armies on parade so I'm pretty excited !

Meanwhile, here are more picture of the existing stuff Smile

Trueborns

I love those miniatures are they are the first miniatures I've ever had. They were a birthday present from my parents when I was ~12. My first ever 9 kabalites warriors : 1 got sacrificed to "show the other to obey orders" ; almost got me to go to a shrink haha.

Even if painted differently (a mix of green and blue x')), I re-painted them to my new color scheme and promoted them to trueborns, adding a wild variety of trophies and stuff to reflect their long life time & fight experience.

I also wanted to differenciate them, and choose to paint their helmets black with green eyelids. Reprensenting some of their old equipements they didn't wanted to let go, despite showing their allegeance throwing their new armors.

(And yes, I know they got 4 heavies, but heh, I was young ^^')

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0634
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0629
"When I say left, you go left."

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0628
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0630
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0631
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0632
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0633
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0635
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0636

Hope you'll like them

Back to top Go down
inevitable_faith
Hellion
inevitable_faith

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 30 2017, 14:38

Good use of the old Kabalites, it'll really help to differentiate them on the field. Your white scheme looks good on them.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31 2017, 12:35

Thanks a lot for your support, always apreciated Smile

Had massive paint streaks the past days, Skyrunner farseer is done, and so is the sslyth.
Talos still in painting (should done by this evening, pictures when done :p), and the banner guy should be done in a couple of days.

(Heavily converted dark eldar) Farseer Skyrunner

Well this sure has needed a lot of work, but it's finally over and 'so far I'm thrilled with result. With the abondance of details helping to focus on the lore, the dynamic pose, and the ability to switch equipements, I'm finally good to go !

Heavy conversion work to replace reavers classic weapons with Eldar weaponry (he'sa little excentric), and the pose is ridiculously dangerous haha.

Build pieces :

• Reaver motor bike + extra blade
  • Reaver pilot right leg & front torso
  • Arlequin backpack with coat
  • Archon left leg (finally found a way to use it x')), and backback trophy rack
  • Scourge head
  • Dire avengers lance, blade, helmet, rifles, pistol
  • Kabalite warrior left hand (finger position modified)
  • Raider trophy rack
  • Dark elves witch whip
  • Armorcast / Medium plasma shot (reactor's flame)

Was quite an adventure and a pain to assemble, but so delightfull to paint.

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103110
Singing spear & smiting/doom-ing in action.

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103121
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103114
Added a lot of trophies

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103113
The reactor's flame is also bigger thanthe other reavers as he goes a lot faster in order to never get caught either by other farseer, or Vect minions.

He also kept his old helmet as a reminder. He's chained to his past but still doesn't want to get back to it.

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103111
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103115
Both Eldar symbols dephased with blood, assuring his new alleageance in the blood of his former partners.

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103117
Also got runes in his inner coat, but can't really see them :/

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103118
Alternative equipement, witch blade & shiruken pistol.

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103116
Thanks to magnet, I can also change the pose *-*

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103119
And finally, I managed to be able to use him withtout the motojet (switching with the banner guy base) in case I need a drop in points.

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103120

Sslyth

Nothing much to add as I already spoke about him with WIP pictures. Big disapointment with cast, with a lot of wholes. I'm fine to have more details, except If I must sculpt them myself (especially for the price tag..).

I'll make a photoshoot with the archon & the lhamean when I'll be motivated enough. I'll see in the futur to have a complete court (medusae & urghul)

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103122
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Img_2015

Work In Progress / Banner guy

Doesn't hold well for now, but working on it ^^. Ruleless guy to show off at armies on parade, I really hope I'll be able to finish it before.
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17103123

Hope you'll like them.

Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 31 2017, 15:05

That Farseer is amazing! The blood and helmet are a nice touch, and that Singing Spear looks, frankly, phenomenal!

Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 01 2017, 01:58

I'm going to blush :3 (but in an evilish way of course...).

Thank you very much !

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 04 2017, 22:15

Just came back from armies on parade, I got 2nd place (but the GW we were in was a real deception, not much advertisement nor even prices...) and we were only 4 participants.

I didn't realise how much miniatures I got painted over the years as most of them were almost always stored in cases, and my board was 5 years old and pretty basic (but still home made) and it was a real mess, and couldn't even place them all ^^'.

Anyway, pretty tired today, I'll post pictures tomorrow, and also add the pictures of the finished Talos.

Cheers

Edit : Had a fairly long/time consuming/exhausting week, I'll post the pictures pretty soon :3

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16 2017, 22:07

Armies on parade / Sneak peak

Heya,

A little late, here's the pictures of armies on parade.

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Img_2016
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Img_2018

And a picture on 2 GW table, looks less messy.
Didn't realise I had that much miniatures, I'm only thinking "well I still miss heelions, grotesques, need more khymerae, mandrakes, incubies, etc.)

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Img_2017

(and some stuff stayed in the cases >.>)

Banner is ~complete ((done but I'm not satisfied with it) and I totally forgot to take pictures of it.
And this week end I had a painting session with ~8 foes, it was really nice.

I speed painted a devil guy (didn't remember the name, was a recent kick starter.
You can get a glimpse here Smile

Back to top Go down
Falke
Hellion
Falke

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17 2017, 18:51

Working with white...you have steel nerves and awesome skill!
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18 2017, 00:15

Thanks a lot Smile

Haha yeah, the biggest part with white was to find the perfect recipy between result and time consuming.

At first I used to start from a chaos black base and paint ~8-10 white scars layers to obtain the result I wanted. Now it's much simplier, for a better result :p

I find that painting black is more diffcult, as highlights must be made more thinly & more precisly/regulary.

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18 2017, 00:22

Wracks

Was a long time I didn't post finished models, so here are the wracks.
First squad I've done after coming back to painting after a very big pause in my painting.
Paint aren't diluted enough, and TBH at the time as was pretty satisfied with the result, now roughly 1 year later (maybe more) I'd like to redo them haha.

Still love the work on the bases though

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0643
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0638
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0640
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0639
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0637
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0641
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 Dsc_0642

And just to group him with the band, here's the haemonculus, mch more recent.

White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17101118
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17101117
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17101115
White & red dark eldars - Page 3 17101116

Hope you'll like them.

stay tuned, next ones coming are the harlies !

Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 18 2017, 11:17

That hammy close is really cool! Did you dry brush the stitches?

PostSubject: Re: White & red dark eldars   White & red dark eldars - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White & red dark eldars
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next