THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2000pts tournament list

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TeRRoxz
Slave
TeRRoxz

2000pts tournament list Empty
PostSubject: 2000pts tournament list   2000pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 09:52

Hi all new to the dark city and getting ready for my first 8th edition tournament.
I have had a few games now and all gone with trying out different compositions so looking for some advice on a competitive perspective of this list, cheers

VANGUARD

archon with blaster, agoniser

trueborn with x2 dark lance
truebron with x2 dark lance
trueborn with x2 dark lance

venom with a cannon
venom with a cannon
venom with a cannon
venom with a cannon

Ravager with x3 dark lance
Ravager with x3 dark lance

OUTRIDER

Archon with blaster, agonsier

Razorwing flocks x6
Razorwing flocks x6
Razorwing flocks x5

Ravager x3 dark lance
Ravager x3 dark lance

AIR WING

Voidraven with dark scythes

1997pts

Im still unsure on composition of weapons on how many lances or blasters to take,my other lists have a equal amount and from those battles lances do the job better so decided to spam dark lance for this list. the trueborn haven't tried yet so will just act as a role as the ravager since they always get shot at so the extra lance from the trueborn and the extra ravager hope will help.

I know i might struggle against hordes but hope with amount of lances can destroy my opponents vehicles or big monsters quickly while the razor flocks can tarpit for me. voidravens have worked better with the dark scythes since more shots average and still done more dmg plus the void mine takes out their tankeist unit and with 3 feel will be even better.

Any advice on the lists on what loadout choices is better please leave a comment, cheers
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts tournament list   2000pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 10:12

Well that is a ton of pain for any enemy. The flocks dont need to be that large. maybe four of them to a unit?

I personally think that list is a ball buster for sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
TeRRoxz
Slave
TeRRoxz

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts tournament list   2000pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 12:23

hmm.... so if i go to squads of 4 for the 3 razorwing flocks will have points to upgrade 1 ravager to have 3 disintegrator cannons. not sure what else could spend the last 38pts on?
Back to top Go down
Trueborn44
Kabalite Warrior
Trueborn44

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts tournament list   2000pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 14:09

You could also take the 70 points you saved from the flocks and give them a beast master to make them more effective. Give him an Agoniser and you still have 13 points to play with, which could afford you some PGLS or extra Agonisers.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts tournament list   2000pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 03 2017, 20:29

oh yeah. DEFINITELY a Beast Master
Back to top Go down
Lyceus
Hellion
Lyceus

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts tournament list   2000pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 04 2017, 19:10

I can recommend an eldar farseer instead of a archon. Just to dish out doom and smite very reliable plus to deny 2 powers with no drawbacks whatsoever. The birds screen your army already so you dont need a transport for him.

I played some games already with the same unit structure and it was amazing. Lances in venoms worked very good as well, if you put them in line of sight and anticipate your opponents movment you dont need to move if you dont want to.

Very effective since you snowball after every shooting phase. Big portions of other army need to get in range to you and are crippled when they finally arrive.

You could save some points on splinter cannon upgrades. I prefere to have more models then a few more shots which results in very few more wounds/casualties. But its mostly preference and playstyle dependent.
Back to top Go down
TeRRoxz
Slave
TeRRoxz

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts tournament list   2000pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06 2017, 06:23

atm i just want to play pure dark eldar, i know the archon isn't that great with the leadership aura not good compared to other armies hq aura effects. I just use them as a blaster caddy all in the same venom.

i haven't paid for the extra cannon on any vehicles since to me they seem a waste of points for the extra shots they provide

i had a practice game against space wolves and must say the voidravens were the mvp for the match, the ability to cause mortal wounds on the thunder wolfs and wolf guard bikers with storm shields. the dark lances helped with the dreadnought spam which was lucky for me and game was over after turn 2

the flocks helped deny a wulfen charge and using empty venoms for bait after that so gave me 2 extra turns firing at them and with the amount of d6 dmg with long range was no chance for the space wolves
Back to top Go down
TeRRoxz
Slave
TeRRoxz

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts tournament list   2000pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06 2017, 06:24

game ended after turn 3 i meant
Back to top Go down
Sanore
Hellion
Sanore

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts tournament list   2000pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06 2017, 12:13

You definitely could use a beast master because all of our beasts' leadership traits leave a lot to be desired. I haven't done the math but cutting one-two flocks per razorwing squad might give you enough points to afford another archon which would allow you to take three of the ravagers and him to form a spearhead detachment for an extra command point.
Back to top Go down
TeRRoxz
Slave
TeRRoxz

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts tournament list   2000pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 06 2017, 13:21

the battle i had the beast master maybe would have helped cause a few more wounds but nothing drastically, i use them as a tar pit so don't with my play style of them they there to give me as much extra turns for shooting.

if use them in bigger squads for more offensive purpose with a outrider detachment with 2 beast masters might try that out as for this list don't need the beast master for how quickly they will die

i tweaked the list and i manged to fit a spearhead and battlion(no outirder) in with dropping blasters on archons and a venom
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts tournament list   2000pts tournament list I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 16 2017, 22:20

Beast Masters are just too good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2000pts tournament list   2000pts tournament list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2000pts tournament list
Page 1 of 1