THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New but old returning player - 1500 point Dark Eldar List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Native
Slave
The Native

New but old returning player - 1500 point Dark Eldar List Empty
PostSubject: New but old returning player - 1500 point Dark Eldar List   New but old returning player - 1500 point Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 11 2017, 06:06

Hi guys,

Returing player here - I last played in 3rd - wanting to get some feed back on a couple of lists. The group I will be playing with are not tournament players, but are still competitive. With that in mind I created a couple of lists that I thought would be competitive after listening to the last three podcasts from the guys at Splintermind. I've tried to keep them simple and straight forward. For both lists I planned on putting the 3 HQ in the Venom and go hunting for high value targets. The rest of the list dances around using range and speed to stay away from the enemy whilst blasting it apart. My primary opponents play Tyranids, Harlequins, Imperial Guard and Ad Mech.

Feel free to be completely honest and tear my lists apart if needed, I have a lot of catching up to do!

Quote :

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [45 PL, 927pts] ++

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 68pts]: Agoniser, Blast Pistol

Succubus [4 PL, 77pts]: Impaler

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [5 PL, 119pts]
. 7x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Dark Lance
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Agoniser, Blast Pistol

. 7x Kabalite Warrior

. 7x Kabalite Warrior

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [6 PL, 115pts]: Dark Lance

Venom [4 PL, 80pts]: Splinter Cannon, Twin splinter rifle

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [28 PL, 572pts] ++

+ HQ +

Succubus [4 PL, 77pts]: Impaler

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [8 PL, 155pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance

Ravager [8 PL, 155pts]: Dark Lance, Dark Lance, Dark Lance

Ravager [8 PL, 185pts]: Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

++ Total: [73 PL, 1499pts] ++]
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: New but old returning player - 1500 point Dark Eldar List   New but old returning player - 1500 point Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 14:09

The biggest things that leap out to me as issues with your list is I think you're burning too many points in HQs (our HQs are, at best, acceptable, and though i do think the Succubus is the best I don't see a lot of value in taking 3 HQs 2 of which are assault HQs while you have no assault units.)

You're building a shooting army, why not at least save points and just take Archons with Blasters?

I'd also note that I think you're burning a ton of points with all the Blast Pistols. They're not bad, but neither are they amazing,a nd they're pretty pricey.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: New but old returning player - 1500 point Dark Eldar List   New but old returning player - 1500 point Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 12 2017, 14:42

Thor665 wrote:
The biggest things that leap out to me as issues with your list is I think you're burning too many points in HQs

Seconded.

Without any Stratagem to play with, CP are useless for Dark Eldar, and are certainly not worth a 80pts tax each. So unless you play with CW/Harlies/Ynnari, put all your stuff in a single detachment and buy more units.
This may change when codex hits and IF we get super good stratagems, but for now there's no reason to try and get a battalion.

The only good formation for us is the Airforce formation, because fielding 3 planes is very effective, and doesn't require an HQ tax.

Everyone has the urge of trying to "accomplish" a briguade detachment, but in the end you're paying so many points for a handful of CP that you have no way to use effectively...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New but old returning player - 1500 point Dark Eldar List   New but old returning player - 1500 point Dark Eldar List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New but old returning player - 1500 point Dark Eldar List
Page 1 of 1