THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Ynnari unfair?

Go down 
+2
Burnage
submarine
6 posters
AuthorMessage
submarine
Hellion
submarine

Ynnari unfair? Empty
PostSubject: Ynnari unfair?   Ynnari unfair? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 21:52

Hi guys. I love the ynnari character models in the triumverate and would love to paint them. I have a predominantly harlequins army with some drukhari, but I can't bring myself to play them as ynnari.

I would really enjoy painting those models but i think the ynnari army wide rules are plain unfair on my opponent. We aren't tournament players and don't play very competitive lists.

I wonder if playing ynnari has lost anyone else friends, and if other players have found opponents reluctant to play against them using ynnari.

Or am I wrong about how powerful they are?
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

Ynnari unfair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unfair?   Ynnari unfair? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 12 2017, 22:07

Ynnari isn't an instant win faction in 8th edition, and Strength From Death is pretty on par with the Dark Eldar and Harlequin army-wide special rules (Craftworlds, not so much). Even the Yncarne is kind of mediocre compared to some of the monstrous special characters flying around currently.

I'd feel free to paint the Triumvirate up and give them a spin.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

Ynnari unfair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unfair?   Ynnari unfair? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 03:25

Firstly, you'll loose faction rules (power from pain, and the other disengage harlequin stuff, wich are big loss), and secondly, it's not so OP as you can use soulburst only once by unit per turn, and it also depends of the number of shooting/attacks said unit can provide.

IMO it was unbalanced in 7th, but kinda okay in 8th .

Not to mention that most Ynari players are playing MSU to proc more soulburst and it can also be very risky.
Just try it and see if it's balanced in your games, and at worst use the miniatures as remplacements (Yvraine > succubus, Visarch > Drazhar for DE) etc.

If it doesn't work just switch back to old lists or play with other players ^^ Just have fun

Ynnari unfair? 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Ynnari unfair? 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

Ynnari unfair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unfair?   Ynnari unfair? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 13 2017, 14:59

Yeah it was only strong in 7th b.c 1 kill could make more than 1 Soulburst action, they took that away and now it is only 1 kill = 1 action.

I mostly play Harlequins, Rising Crescendo it equal to SFD for sure, there will be many times when your Ynnari and you wish you wasnt, but at the same time you'll be using RC and wish you were Ynnari. After playing many games as both, they truly are equal to each other.

Eldar players go Ynnari b.c Battle focus is the worst army rule in the game.....

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Nyx_Necrodragon
Kabalite Warrior
Nyx_Necrodragon

Ynnari unfair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unfair?   Ynnari unfair? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26 2017, 11:55

Are you complaining that the Eldar finally have something as OP as other 40K races?!

Archon
amishprn86

Ynnari unfair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unfair?   Ynnari unfair? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26 2017, 15:25

Nyx_Necrodragon wrote:
Are you complaining that the Eldar finally have something as OP as other 40K races?!

what? no one is complaining about anything lol. And Eldar has been one of the top 3 armies for years now, they just got over nerf in the index's but with the new codex they are very strong again, so idk what you mean by "finally as op as others" for 4yrs+ other players (like DE) has been asking to get strong like CWE lol.

PS: This post is old now and many rules have changed.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

Ynnari unfair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unfair?   Ynnari unfair? I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 26 2017, 20:44

amishprn86 wrote:
Nyx_Necrodragon wrote:

what? no one is complaining about anything lol. And Eldar has been one of the top 3 armies for years now, they just got over nerf in the index's but with the new codex they are very strong again, so idk what you mean by "finally as op as others" for 4yrs+ other players (like DE) has been asking to get strong like CWE lol.

PS: This post is old now and many rules have changed.

sarcasm?

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ynnari unfair? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ynnari unfair?   Ynnari unfair? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ynnari unfair?
Page 1 of 1