THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?

Go down 
+15
The Strange Dark One
TheBaconPope
Vindicavi
Imateria
Mppqlmd
Von Snabel
Burnage
amishprn86
URIEN
masamune
|Meavar
DevilDoll
Lord Johan
FuelDrop
SushiBoy013
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models with the codex release?
Yes
Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? Voteba1331%Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? Voteba15
 31% [ 15 ]
No
Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? Voteba1369%Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? Voteba15
 69% [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 48

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
SushiBoy013
Sybarite
SushiBoy013

Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 04:24

Simply curious if anyone believes we will see new model/unit choices with the codex release. For all intent and purpose, GW began the year touting SMs and CSMs as the big releases for 8th edition and as such, received a few new models. I think everyone was excited at the possibility of new models/units for their armies at that point; obviously it hasn't really panned out for anyone aside from bringing models out of retirement.

I don't hold much faith that DE will receive new models with our codex release. The only circumstance that I think might provide an opportunity is if our codex is one of (if not the...) last codex released and it is followed with additional 'story progression' for the 40K universe as a whole.

Again, I imagine this doesn't have much of a chance of coming to fruition, but I do think GW is demonstrating that new models/units will only be released along with 40K story progression.
Back to top Go down
FuelDrop
Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 04:41

I WANT new models. I do not believe we will get them.
Back to top Go down
Lord Johan
Kabalite Warrior
Lord Johan

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 05:43

I'm betting on a "yes", at least some made-to-order old kit like the CWE Bonesinger this week. It seems to make business sense because GW sells these for the price of a new kit or more, but no design or sculpting is needed. So they are selling you pewter casts worth 5¢ for $15 and you are happy to buy because it's been so long and you are already ordering a codex. But I would be surprised if any of us have any realistic basis for our guesses.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 06:14

FuelDrop wrote:

this sooooo much :/

...i still have a glimmer of hope that we will get a new Vect model though
Back to top Go down
|Meavar
Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 06:45

FuelDrop wrote:

Agree.
Might get some recasts.
And I still hold hope that we will get some plastics for the unit type models at some point (beasts) but to be honest I doubt it will be done within 1 year. The sculpts are to new.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 07:14

Haha I'd love a vect super giant monolyth style miniature x)

But I don't think we'll get new, ours are way too recent.
Or maybe some old HQ ? (Keradruakh please :'))
Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 08:52

Maybe a "made-to-order" Vect and some free rules? Probably the only old model GW thinks we'll buy.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 08:59

Will we get new models in 8th? Yes
Will we get new models with the codex? No

Besides certain armies (only b.c they didnt have models before) no one is getting new models with codex's, they are 100% focus on getting the rules out, and right so.

After all codex's have landed i'm 100% sure they will release a new model or more for each army month by month.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 09:39

The most I'm hoping for at the moment is some made-to-order re-releases alongside the Codex. There are a lot of older Dark Eldar character models that would be lovely to have available again, even if briefly.
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 11:02

We have that barbed hook from Rumor Engine. It'll most likely be a Sigmar thing, but it could be for us.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 11:03

It also could be necromunda
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 11:05

I think there might be, in 2018, some event for the rise of Ynnead and the death of Slaanesh. That event would be heavily Aeldar - Chaos focused, and could bring some new models (probably for Ynnari, but maybe for others) to the table.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 11:37

There was this LARGE rumor for a bit that Slaanesh will be killed and the Rat god will take its place, in doing so Skavin will be a 40k race as another part of the rumor.

I want to note this was awhile ago and you might still find the rumors, but tey started b.c the Rat God symbol was found in place of the Slaanesh symbol on the chaos wheel with all the gods icons.
Back to top Go down
Imateria
Wych
Imateria

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 13:10

With the codex, not a chance in hell, the Grey Knights, Ad Mech Astra Militarum and Eldar codecies have all proved thats not going to happen.

From 2019 onwards when they start doing campaign books again, who knows.
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 13:20

I'm going to be a little controversial and say that I actually hope we don't get any new models.

Now, now put down those pitchforks. If I hope for anything it would be a new hq model or two, but Im rather concerned with the direction that the model designers at GW are taking. Looking at the new deathguard and the way have have done them I would rather not have anything new, than have things which follow the same trend as those models. The designs are unnecessarily busy, with lots of details and clutter being added simply because they can, not because it adds to the appearance of the figures.

We already have a great model line and I would honestly rather see GW add options to make our own unique and interesting HQs with different playstyles than give us a handful of named characters with some overly done rushed models. There are alot more armies which need the attention so I wouldn't expect anything for a couple of years anyway.
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 13:34

Quote :
The designs are unnecessarily busy, with lots of details and clutter being added simply because they can, not because it adds to the appearance of the figures.

Not to mention that they're almost as monopose as Grotesques! You bring up a good point, part of the reason I like DE is that, for the most part, their models are gorgeous.

That said, I'd love for us to move away from Failcast, and, in my fantastical little dream world, have sprues of special weapons sold, just like the Space Marines get.
Back to top Go down
URIEN
Kabalite Warrior
URIEN

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 13:42

The sprues of special weapons would be amazing! ^ Just to get enough Blasters you need to buy several kits.
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 14:07

TheBaconPope wrote:
Not to mention that they're almost as monopose as Grotesques! You bring up a good point, part of the reason I like DE is that, for the most part, their models are gorgeous.

Indeed, GW is falling into the trap of making unique looking models, which is fine, until you have to have multiple copies of them in the army. Combine that with the monopose and suddenly the amazingly unique marine with a mouth in his chest is one of 4 identically "unique" marines with the same mouth in their chest.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 15:08

TheBaconPope wrote:
have sprues of special weapons sold, just like the Space Marines get.

I'd make a couple children and sacrifice them to the lesser god for that.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 15:26

New and so far unseen models? No. And honestly, I don't see the need to.

What I see likely is similar to 7th edition where we get new plastic releases. We have enough models, they just need to be more valid. What I want more is a greater selection/number of special weapons in our kits.
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 15:39

Special HQs though.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 15:52

Mppqlmd wrote:
Special HQs though.

Right, that's what I'd actually like to see.
Finger's crossed for Duke (he could make such an amazing model).
Back to top Go down
Vindicavi
Kabalite Warrior
Vindicavi

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 17:00

Mppqlmd wrote:
Special HQs though.

Wouldn't you rather see a move away from special HQs? Its a tad disappointing to me to see named characters popping up left and right in games, with the relics and warlord traits GW has a great chance to let people make their own characters and stories to suit their playstyle.

With GW not giving us rules for characters without models this might be a real chance to make our standard HQs feel like we can make them our own, its no real extra effort for GW, just take the rules for these special characters and put them on upgrades or relics so we can make our own.
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 17:44

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/26/kit-bash-start-collecting-craftworlds-oct-26gw-homepage-post-2/

New Craftworld box is containing special/heavy weapons sprue (and they say we can kit them on our DE/wyches HAHA (yeah IK they are talking about heads and stuff :p))

Might get some for DE *-*
Back to top Go down
lament.config
Sybarite
lament.config

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 20:53

That would be nice to get a heavy/special weapon sprue.

The weak links in the DE line (mono-posed grots, court, and beastpacks) leave many of us to creating counts as or conversions for cheaper or to have a more dynamic force. It would be really cool to see these released in plastic kits. Do I think it will happen? No probably not. I think right now GW is more about releasing new factions.

What we really need is our LoW released with our codex though. They teased us with a Coven lord of war last time and I know we would all be down for Vect to make his return.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?   Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you think Dark Eldar will get new models?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next