THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

How does feeding of pain work?

Go down 
+4
masamune
FuelDrop
Mppqlmd
The goat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
The goat
Hellion
The goat

How does feeding of pain work? Empty
PostSubject: How does feeding of pain work?   How does feeding of pain work? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 21:46

I was wondering at this: do he dark eldar feed souls to slaanesh, so that slaanesh will leave them alone, or do hey regenerate their own souls through torturing their victims. I ask because if option one is true then a deamonette wouldn't help, because slaneesh wouldn't like it that that his/her minions are getting tortured, whereas of options number two is true a deamonette might regenrate the soul. From what I gather it seems to be unknown between the two, anything I'm missing?
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: How does feeding of pain work?   How does feeding of pain work? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 26 2017, 23:06

I think Slaanesh would be the first and most person (thing ?) pleased to see demonettes being tortured Smile

Hekatrix
FuelDrop

PostSubject: Re: How does feeding of pain work?   How does feeding of pain work? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27 2017, 00:11

I can help you with that. Get up on this table and let me tighten these restraints and I will demonstrate for you...
Back to top Go down
The goat
Hellion
The goat

PostSubject: Re: How does feeding of pain work?   How does feeding of pain work? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 27 2017, 22:52

Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: How does feeding of pain work?   How does feeding of pain work? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28 2017, 01:06

Dark eldars regenerate with torture thanks to the souls been tortured/ripped off, teared apart. They feed of bad feelings too because they are deep twisted sadistic foes.

Also sacrificing works in a way that "She Who Thirsts" is deeply connected to every Eldar since the fall, and is always whispering them to let go and die in order for her to get their souls. When in the realspace and outside of warp protection, she slowly consumes their souls, inducing body aging really quicker, and a soul thirst to be satisfied by any way.

Sacrificing allows them to regenerate / and maybe distracting momentary the newest God from her relentless harassment.

The more you know:

The goat wrote:
@Mppqlmd Why?
Slaaneshi guys are in the sensationnal stuffs & experiments, and well known for both extreme sadism & masochism & body modifications. I'd recommand reading the Horus heresy > Fulgrim (my second favorite) to see how she proceeds and twist peoples. Very disturbing stuff Twisted Evil

How does feeding of pain work? 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / How does feeding of pain work? 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Mppqlmd
Incubi
Mppqlmd

PostSubject: Re: How does feeding of pain work?   How does feeding of pain work? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28 2017, 18:28

Because Slaneeshi don't consider pain to be something bad, they consider it to be the quintessence of sensations. Slaneeshi are VERY happy about getting tortured, and She Who Thirsts is very proud of all Her children getting tortured (or torturing themselves). That's what She is about.

Hellion
The goat

PostSubject: Re: How does feeding of pain work?   How does feeding of pain work? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28 2017, 19:54

Ah okay...unrelated but is there nothing then that they do not enjoy then? Everything that happens is a sensation after all...
Back to top Go down
TheBaconPope
Wych
TheBaconPope

PostSubject: Re: How does feeding of pain work?   How does feeding of pain work? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 28 2017, 21:05

Quote :
is there nothing then that they do not enjoy then? Everything that happens is a sensation after all...

Slaaneesh is the God of excess, so I'd imagine they utterly loathe restraint in any way. A Craftworld's greatest defense against the Changeling is how prude they are.

Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: How does feeding of pain work?   How does feeding of pain work? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 06 2018, 13:03

I always think of the dark eldar as feeding on souls. Torture is soul tearing after all and I imagine them consuming the torn of soul parts. Dark eldar actually act like mini chaos gods themselves by consuming souls. The only problem is that a real chaos God is sitting behind the veil with a straw embedded in each eldar, slowly sucking them dry.
Back to top Go down
Ashoka
Slave
Ashoka

PostSubject: Re: How does feeding of pain work?   How does feeding of pain work? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06 2018, 22:15

CptMetal wrote:
Dark eldar actually act like mini chaos gods themselves by consuming souls. The only problem is that a real chaos God is sitting behind the veil with a straw embedded in each eldar, slowly sucking them dry.

There is also the possibility of soul-death, while the mind and the body live on. The Dark Eldar even have a word for those afflicted by soul-death: the Parched. In one of the Path of the Dark Eldar novels there is also mention of a special place where all the Parched are being exiled.
Back to top Go down
Trueborn
Slave
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: How does feeding of pain work?   How does feeding of pain work? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17 2018, 09:46

The true kin became so linked to Slaanesh that they became part of her, which is why she is always draining them. Their "power from pain" power comes from being tied to slaanesh: each time a dark eldar experiences extreme emotions (not only pain, but also things like seeing harlequins dance) then they get rejuvenated.

This isn't very elaborated on later materials who focus mostly on pain, which is the easiest way for them to get their fill, but in places like the dark eldar trilogy, mistress baeda's gift, etc. show that it's a multitude of emotions related to perfectionism, passion, despair, etc. basically all that slaanesh embodies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How does feeding of pain work?   How does feeding of pain work? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How does feeding of pain work?
Page 1 of 1