THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion Empty
PostSubject: Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion   Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 11:54

Hi all,
I am wondering if it works as I think. The setup:
1. Reapers + Farseer near to them
2. First mawlock deepstrikes 1" of reapers
3. Second mawlock deepstrikes 1" from them. Now I use the forewarned strategem and kill the second mawlock.
4. Forewarned threats the shooting as my shooting phase so Reapers gain soulburst.
5. Reapers in soulburst shoots to the first mawlock.

Is my understanding correct?

Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion   Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29 2018, 19:16

Hey,

I just checked the stratagem and you are correct, its technically your shooting phase whilst forewarned is in effect, and soulburst says to treat it as your shooting phase.

You may get some dispute on the table but the rule seems quite clear to me and i utterly hate Ynnari, but i would allow that strategy. Set it up right and hope your opponent falls for the trap.

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion   Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 01:50

Page 76 – Strength from Death
Add the following paragraph: ‘Matched Play: If you are playing a matched play game, a unit from your army cannot make a Soulburst action if a friendly unit has already made the same Soulburst action during your turn. In addition, units from your army cannot perform any Soulburst actions during your opponent’s turn.’

I'm pretty sure even it is say "counts as your phase" its still their turn so you cant do it, but i would ask your local how they want to rule it.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion   Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 02:02

[quote="amishprn86"]Page 76 – Strength from Death
Add the following paragraph: ‘Matched Play: If you are playing a matched play game, a unit from your army cannot make a Soulburst action if a friendly unit has already made the same Soulburst action during your turn. In addition, units from your army cannot perform any Soulburst actions during your opponent’s turn.’

Correct about the strength from death rule, but the Stratagem says to treat it as your shooting phase when SFD is allowed?

I agree if you have already soulburst you cannot do it.

Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion   Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 06:18

Agree with amishprn86 - not your turn (it's just a counts as shooting phase), so couldn't Soulburst in matched play.

Back to top Go down
Old_Soul
Hellion
Old_Soul

PostSubject: Re: Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion   Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 09:42

The nerf was real i guess then

amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

PostSubject: Re: Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion   Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 09:50

Old_Soul wrote:
The nerf was real i guess then

It was, i fully understand not doing it on your opponents turn, but it was double hit.

Drukhari: 10k+
SoB: 3k
AoS: BoC 9k, CoS 3k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion   Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mawlock, Forewarned, soulburst - qestion
Page 1 of 1