THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...

Go down 
+3
HERO
Lord Asvaldir
Gelmir
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT... Empty
PostSubject: Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...   Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 18:40

As far as I gather from different sources, Kabalite Trueborns are no longer in our new Codex.
However, this is what GW said:

"There are a few options that are missing in the codex that appear in the index: why is that? Does that mean I can’t use these models in my army anymore?
While the indexes are designed to cover a long history of miniatures, the codexes are designed to give you rules for the current Warhammer 40,000 range. There are a few options in the indexes for some Characters and vehicles that are no longer represented in the Citadel range – certain Dreadnought weapons that don’t come in the box, or some characters on bikes, for example.
Don’t worry though, you can still use all of these in your games if you have these older models. In these instances, use the datasheet from the index, and the most recent points published for that model and its weapons (currently, also in the index).
They still gain all the army wide-bonuses for things like Chapter Tactics and can use Space Marines Stratagems and the like, so such venerable heroes still fit right in with the rest of your army."

Since the Trueborn rules aren't in the Codex at all, the Index rules have not been replaced, and should still be legal, right? So as far as I understand, I can use a Codex army, use Trueborns in it with the statline, rules and base point cost from the Index, but point-costs for the special weapons (like the Splinter Cannon or Dark Lance) from the Codex again, since rules on those weapons have been updated.

Your thoughts on this?

Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...   Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 18:58

Yeah this has been coming up a lot all over the boards. The consensus is you can use index for options/entries that no longer exist (so technically you can still give archon's blasters), but you pay codex pts costs, so you can take the trueborn but you pay the 17pts/m for blasters.

I know a lot of people are very bumped trueborn got nixed, but personally I'm just moving on, won't use them anymore. With warriors being 6pts/m now and venoms being cheap, I think it will be easy enough to load upon warrior units with blasters everywhere, and there's still scourges for 4 blasters in a unit if you want that.

Hekatrix
HERO

PostSubject: Re: Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...   Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 19:56

Yes, I've been asking this everywhere on the FB pages and on Competitive 40K.

It's going to be a serious question because Trueborn with the new Blaster profiles are very competitive.

Hellion
Dalakh

PostSubject: Re: Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...   Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31 2018, 21:18

198 points : 5 blasterborn in a 2 SC venom for 4 darklight shots and 14 poison shots at 18" optimal range (21" with OR kabal), 11 wounds and -1 to get hit

189 points : 10 kabs in a racks DL raider for 3 darklight shots and 16 racks poison shots at 12" optimal range (15" with OR), 20 wounds

Is it that competitive ? Not that sure.
Back to top Go down
PFI
Kabalite Warrior
PFI

PostSubject: Re: Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...   Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 05:33

Why even play trueborn anymore? Scourges are 1 point more, come with shard carbines 4+ and 6++. Trueborn would have obsessions sure and archon rerolls but scourges also deepstrike. I think scourges mostly made trueborn pointless now except in niche circumstances like I must take 4 shredders and 2 cannons for whatever reason
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...   Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 06:13

Very solid point, one point to unlock deep strike is all the reason you need to always use scourges over trueborn. Plus our traits don't even tend to benefit blasters that much, yeah obsidian rose is kinda nice but who needs extra 6" range blasters when you can deep strike. Only argument I can see in favor of trueborn is maybe players tend to own more trueborn models than scourges, but scourges are actually pretty reasonably priced money wise so that shouldn't be an issue for long.

Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...   Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 08:24

Yup scourges will replace my trueborns, they kind of had already. Will be modelling them with blasters now they are D6 damage.
Back to top Go down
Gelmir
Sybarite
Gelmir

PostSubject: Re: Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...   Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 12:36

I know Scourges are awesome, and probably even more competitive. But I play for fun. And one thing I like in my army is diversity. I basically don't use more than 2 of the same units ever. And I already have 2 units of 5 scourges.
Aside from that, I bought 2 boxes of Kabalites, and made one 10 man squad of basic Kabalites, and a 5 man squad of Trueborns. I made sure to keep all the fanciest and spikiest bits for my Trueborn. I just love how they turned out, and the idea of not using them makes me sad.
The 2x5 Scourges are my anti-vehicle units, and the 5 Trueborns with lots of darklight on a Venom with 2 Splinter Cannons were my all-round contingency plan.

In short, it's not about them being good or not, I just like to have yet another kind of unit in my army. That's why I would really like to find out if it's still legal to play them.

TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...   Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 13:46

15 blaster Trueborn in a Tantalus shooting at 24" while the tantalus is the Wych cult that lets it shoot twice. My man!

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...   Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT... I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01 2018, 13:50

TeenageAngst wrote:
15 blaster Trueborn in a Tantalus shooting at 24" while the tantalus is the Wych cult that lets it shoot twice. My man!
This is hilariously broken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...   Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trueborns no longer in the Codex. BUT...
Page 1 of 1