THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

ibooks codex version omissions/questions

Go down 
+3
Gorefather
Mikoneo
benmet
7 posters
AuthorMessage
benmet
Hellion
benmet

ibooks codex version omissions/questions Empty
PostSubject: ibooks codex version omissions/questions   ibooks codex version omissions/questions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 02:28

Hi guy's I just downloaded the iBooks version of the codex.

As I go through it I'm going to add things that I'd appreciate clarification on vs the paperback.
Feel free to add your own queries also.

First two things

Archon phantasm grenade launcher, is missing. does he loose that option?
Lilith already mentioned, missing dodge ability.
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

PostSubject: Re: ibooks codex version omissions/questions   ibooks codex version omissions/questions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 03:04

I'm on the the android e-book and there's no PGL choice for the archon
Back to top Go down
Gorefather
Hellion
Gorefather

PostSubject: Re: ibooks codex version omissions/questions   ibooks codex version omissions/questions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 03:27

PGL and Blaster were removed from the Archon but you can still take them through the Index.

Lelith should have Quicksilver Dodge instead of normal Dodge, it's a flat 3++ I think.
Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion
Alezya

PostSubject: Re: ibooks codex version omissions/questions   ibooks codex version omissions/questions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 07:03

Yes I have the same issue on Lelith as well (Ibook).

But the Beastmaster says: Beastmaster: re roll hits rolls of 1 for friendly Drukhari beast units while within 6". If your army is BFed, you must include at least 1 drukhari beast unit for each beastmaster unit in that detachment. Drukhari beast units do not take up slots.
I don't see any limitations regarding the max number of beast units you can have. Am I missing something? I thought it was limited to 3...
Back to top Go down
Ubernoob1
Kabalite Warrior
Ubernoob1

PostSubject: Re: ibooks codex version omissions/questions   ibooks codex version omissions/questions I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 07 2018, 07:53

Alezya wrote:
I don't see any limitations regarding the max number of beast units you can have. Am I missing something? I thought it was limited to 3...

Both the beastmaster and the court of the Archon have separate rules listed as side notes back when they start the army rules after the unit entries. Right before the obsessions, on the same page as the Dark Eldar ObSec, raiding force rule, etc. Listed under "matched play rules." Someone else here with a digital copy mentioned they were having trouble finding these side note bits.
Back to top Go down
Riddip
Hellion
Riddip

PostSubject: Re: ibooks codex version omissions/questions   ibooks codex version omissions/questions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 11:24

here are the errors i found so far in my ibooks codex:
- as already stated, lelith is missing "quicksliver dodge"
- A lot of popups for equipment are missing their points cost, like spirit probe, splinter racks, chain-snares, grisly trophies, and maybe more (at leats you can see the cost on page 229)
- the "athletic aerialists" stratagem ist listed as "Kabal of the obsidian rose" one, but the text talks about "cult of the red grief"
- razorwing flocks use "razor feathers", but the weapon section of the datasheet lists "claws and talons"
- on the three pages with all obesssions, the wych site is missing the wych artwork :O
Back to top Go down
Alezya
Hellion
Alezya

PostSubject: Re: ibooks codex version omissions/questions   ibooks codex version omissions/questions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 12:25

I just noticed: I don't have combat drugs on Succubus datasheet.
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

PostSubject: Re: ibooks codex version omissions/questions   ibooks codex version omissions/questions I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10 2018, 21:04

The claws and talons are listed for ur-ghuls
Back to top Go down
lonekthx
Slave

PostSubject: Re: ibooks codex version omissions/questions   ibooks codex version omissions/questions I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 16:02

As I only have the enhanced edition, I can confirm Lelith does not have any sort of invul save. Getting the hard copy tonight, hopefully she isn’t that bad.
Back to top Go down
Mikoneo
Kabalite Warrior
Mikoneo

PostSubject: Re: ibooks codex version omissions/questions   ibooks codex version omissions/questions I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11 2018, 16:10

Lelith definitely has an invuln save (confirmed with regular digital version on android)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ibooks codex version omissions/questions   ibooks codex version omissions/questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ibooks codex version omissions/questions
Page 1 of 1