THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Which version are you playing?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

Which version are you playing? Empty
PostSubject: Which version are you playing?   Which version are you playing? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22 2021, 11:05

I get to play in quiet seasons at work. I usually get a weekly game in Jan/Feb, and again Jun/Jul, but then often go months between games.

I last played in September.

I feel like there have been at least one, maybe several points updates and rule changes since I last scrawled updates in my codex, and those weren't the first edits.
I didn't buy CA2021, and am I right in thinking that's now out of date?

I appreciate that the competitive scene involves staying up to date, but the endless homework is exhausting. Is anyone else struggling to figure out what units cost and what they do, with so many updates since I paid £££s for a hardback book?

Is it OK to just play original codex?

I play mostly friendly pick-up games in a large London club, so it's not a small circle of friends who know each others armies, so balance is more important, though not as important as in a tournament.

Sambomaster likes this post

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Which version are you playing?   Which version are you playing? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22 2021, 23:17

Frankly, it would be more balanced if you played with the points changes in the balance dataslate. Or at least, most people would probably want you to, since the original codex now has a reputation for being a bit overpowered.
Back to top Go down
Sambomaster
Slave
Sambomaster

PostSubject: Re: Which version are you playing?   Which version are you playing? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23 2021, 18:01

It really sucks if you're a casual player with even a semi busy schedule. Usually Battlescribe is up to date on the changes after a week or so after new releases/updates. That's the easiest way if you dont already use the app.

Download the latest Dataslate if you want to go purely pen/paper route. Since you don't play competitively I'd never buy another book just for a points/rules update. There are tons of places to get that info for free.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dark One
Wych
The Strange Dark One

PostSubject: Re: Which version are you playing?   Which version are you playing? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23 2021, 21:24

Well. If you don't want to have the hassle of buying a book and don't want to deal with the App, there are certain russian websites which have all the latest info.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Which version are you playing?   Which version are you playing? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27 2021, 11:05

Thanks, I used to use Battlescribe, and whilst I prefer paper, especially in-game (I make a mean cheat sheet!), that sounds like my answer.
What do you mean by "download the latest dataslate"? Is that what Battlescribe call their latest codex version?
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

PostSubject: Re: Which version are you playing?   Which version are you playing? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27 2021, 11:50

The Strange Dark One wrote:
Well. If you don't want to have the hassle of buying a book and don't want to deal with the App, there are certain russian websites which have all the latest info.

Can you shoot me a dm with a link or anything? I like to have that stuff as a pdf.

The Strange Dark One likes this post

Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: Which version are you playing?   Which version are you playing? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27 2021, 20:21

commandersasha wrote:
Thanks, I used to use Battlescribe, and whilst I prefer paper, especially in-game (I make a mean cheat sheet!), that sounds like my answer.
What do you mean by "download the latest dataslate"? Is that what Battlescribe call their latest codex version?

The dataslate was a set of balance changes that GW recently made available on their website. However, if you have the most current version of Battlescribe, all of those changes will be incorporated.

commandersasha likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which version are you playing?   Which version are you playing? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which version are you playing?
Page 1 of 1