THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2k Coven heavy raiding force

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UmJamLam
Hellion
UmJamLam

2k Coven heavy raiding force Empty
PostSubject: 2k Coven heavy raiding force   2k Coven heavy raiding force I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24 2020, 19:54

Here's my 2k raiding force with a big emphasis on Prophets of Flesh. So far it is 5-0 against Raven Guard, Space Wolves (twice), Blood Angels and Chaos Knights.

Prophets of Flesh Patrol

HQ
Urien Rakarth

Elites
4 grotesques - cleaver and flesh gauntlet

Troops
5 wracks - electrocorrosive whip, ossefactor

Heavy Support
2 Talos - macro scalpel, chainflails, 2 heat lances
1 cronos - spirit probe

Prophets of Flesh Patrol

HQ
Haemonculus - Electrocorrosive Whip, Hexrifle, Vexator Mask

Elites
3 grotesques - cleaver and gauntlet

Troops

Heavy Support

Black Heart Patrol

HQ
Archon - Huskblade, blast pistol
Drazhar - warlord: Hatred Eternal

Elites
5 incubi - demiklaives
5 incubi - demiklaives

Troops
5 kabalites

Transports
Venom - 1 splinter cannon, twin splinter rifles
Venom - 1 splinter cannon, twin splinter rifles

This list bleeds Bring it Down secondaries, but it is very good at taking the center of the board and staying there. The wracks are usually mvps since they score points on easy objectives and Black cornucopians almost always guarantees you Deploy Scramblers or Engage on All Fronts.

I tend to use the incubi to clear out small 5 man units camping on objectives, they're surprisingly efficient for their points in this edition, particularly when you have Drazhar nearby (who by the way with Hatred Eternal will kill just about anything you point him at short of a knight).

I'm still humming and hawing between heat lances and haywire on the talos, but I'm leaning more in the heat lance direction because haywire doesn't actually tend to do all that much to vehicles if it's your only source of AT, and the heat lances are great at killing multiwound infantry like aggressors and centurions. The heat lances can also be fired in combat, which happens more often than you think since talos can usually survive the first round of combat.

The Vexator mask is also much more useful in 9th than it was at the end of 8th now that the defending player gets to choose the first non-charging unit to fight.

And finally the grotesques are just a great roadblock, they don't put out a ton of damage, but they will almost always stop a big melee unit dead in its tracks for at a least a turn or two. This allows your talos to do what they do best while you grots are busy tarpitting the dangerous stuff.

I have yet to play against Salamanders or Custodes with this list, I'm less worried about Custodes but the amount of mortal wounds or single damage flamer wounds that Salamanders can put out makes me nervous.

Last edited by UmJamLam on Mon Sep 28 2020, 22:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 2k Coven heavy raiding force   2k Coven heavy raiding force I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25 2020, 17:37

If your going 5-0 against Marines you must be doing something right!

Anything in particular you want us to comment on? You are not making much use of the BH patrol, but I am guessing you only take it for access to Agents of Vect.

I would agree with your assessment of Heat Lances vs HWB
Back to top Go down
UmJamLam
Hellion
UmJamLam

PostSubject: Re: 2k Coven heavy raiding force   2k Coven heavy raiding force I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28 2020, 22:02

Thanks! They have all been relatively close combat focused marine armies though, which feeds right into my playstyle. I haven't played against a more shooty style of marine list, which I think might give me more trouble.

Yeah initially the BH patrol was just for Vect and Labyrinthine Cunning, but I think Drazhar's warlord trait will be more valuable than Labyrinthine. Having the FNP on the venoms is also handy in a pinch.
Back to top Go down
Fremen
Hellion
Fremen

PostSubject: Re: 2k Coven heavy raiding force   2k Coven heavy raiding force I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2020, 08:14

Drazhar as a named character can not have a worlord traity, just my 2 cents. Overall I like that list seems ballanced Smile
Back to top Go down
UmJamLam
Hellion
UmJamLam

PostSubject: Re: 2k Coven heavy raiding force   2k Coven heavy raiding force I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2020, 15:44

He absolutely can have a warlord trait, he's just locked into the Eternal Hatred trait (which is probably the best one for him anyway).

Swordxart likes this post

Back to top Go down
fisheyes
Klaivex
fisheyes

PostSubject: Re: 2k Coven heavy raiding force   2k Coven heavy raiding force I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29 2020, 15:47

@UmJamLam, you are correct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2k Coven heavy raiding force   2k Coven heavy raiding force I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2k Coven heavy raiding force
Page 1 of 1