THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Yncarne is AMAZING

Go down 
+17
Faitherun
Rhivan
Cerve
Lord Asvaldir
Myrvn
sekac
Gizamaluke
Archon_91
krayd
Soulless Samurai
Count Adhemar
TeenageAngst
Gorgon
Burnage
dumpeal
Jimsolo
DevilDoll
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

The Yncarne is AMAZING Empty
PostSubject: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2019, 23:09

After playing alot with him he is now a staple in all my lists and i suggest you to try him out if you havent already hes pure fun... his unique ability lets you pull crazy combos and really screw with your opponent in serious ways.
And yes i know he costs an arm and a leg but let me explain

First of all hes actually not THAT expensive if you consider the fact that he will usually be replacing the second archon in a battalion who is a dead weight anyway
Second he fills in two major roles that Drukhari lists usualy lack and that is a serious big close combat threat and psychic support.
Third hes an untargetable character (9wounds) who can teleport across the field and participate literally in every combat that is happening anywhere and can lay waste in nearly any strategy your opponent is trying to pull of. For example are you holding an objective and your enemy kills your unit whos holding it? ok Teleport there after the unit dies and keep it anyways.

If you make him your warlord he is 7 attacks at str7 damage d6 rerolling 1s(psychic) and wounds and he always fights first even if hes charged. Not much can survive this.
Now there are really fun things you can do but the single most important thing is that you can heroically intervene (thus avoiding overwatch) during your opponents turn and wreak things by teleporting to one of your units that dies near an enemy during his shooting phase. Even if the enemy charges you to avoid the intervention you sill fight first...!

One of my favorite uses is to teleport him after a venom gets destroyed to that position and behind a wall of warriors that jumped out of the venom to act as his meat shields. And if he is wounded and the enemy kills of any warriors he can regenerate wounds as well..!
Another is to move an aircraft behind the opponent where he keeps vulnerable targets and if it gets destroyed, you immediately have a serious threat right behind the enemy lines..!
Really the possibilities are endless, positioning is the key and in every game i find something new to do with him and piss of my opponent.

Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2019, 23:38

It sounds like you're having a blast with him! I'm looking forward to some games with him myself.
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeWed May 08 2019, 23:42

Where are the lastest valid rules for the Ynnari? I didn't quite followed
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 00:02

DevilDoll wrote:
First of all hes actually not THAT expensive if you consider the fact that he will usually be replacing the second archon in a battalion who is a dead weight anyway

This is the only part of your post that I really disagree with and it's what puts me off the Yncarne most. It's 265 points more expensive than an Archon! That's still a lot of points!
Back to top Go down
Gorgon
Hellion
Gorgon

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 00:04

I've used him twice and he didn't disappoint honestly. I used him mostly to hunt imperial knights (averaged 11w in melee), but he started the game between my venoms, starweavers, and wave serpent and honestly that 5++/6+++ is huge on them.

Sent from Topic'it App
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 04:15

The Yncarne always did this though. Nothing has really changed in that regard.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 07:14

Yes well the change is that he is more accessible let's say. You don't have to go ynnari to take him, you can just pop him along your pure drukhari list that's really cool.
The other big change is that although he lost double attack from old soulburst he gained the always fight first which tbh is just as great since it combos well with his ability to appear anywhere anytime. Even if he gets charged when he does you fight first which is huge.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 10:28

I'm just thinking that you can pull some shenanigans with Summoned by Death. If you destroy one unit but are still in combat with another, use SbD to remove yourself from the combat before the other unit can attack. As long as you are as close as possible to the destroyed unit but more than the pile in distance from the other unit you can no longer be attacked. If you do it on your opponents turn you're also safe from shooting Smile

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 10:37

DevilDoll wrote:
and he always fights first even if hes charged.

This is actually incorrect. If your opponent charges him then one of their units will get to fight before the Yncarne.

DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 11:51

Can you elaborate please why he doesn't fight first if he is being charged?
.edit:nevernind it does say so in the soulburst description you are right
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 13:32

By the way, am I right in thinking that you're just using the Yncarne? As in, you're not making the rest of the detachment Ynnari?

Either way, which spells do you use on Yncarne? I'm assuming not taking Word of the Phoenix (can't target himself), Shield of Ynnead (useless for Yncarne and redundant for most DE units) or Unbind Souls (he already has rerolls). So I'm guessing Ancestor's Grace (to give him rerolls) and either Gaze or Storm.

DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 14:02

If you mean gaze of ynead yes that's what I'm using plus ancestors grace for rerolls... Storm I find really bad
And yes just the yncarne in pure drukhari
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 14:20

DevilDoll wrote:
If you mean gaze of ynead yes that's what I'm using plus ancestors grace for rerolls... Storm I find really bad

Yeah, those would be my picks as well.

DevilDoll wrote:

And yes just the yncarne in pure drukhari

Understandable. It's a bit of a shame because I quite like some of the Ynnari Relics and Warlord Traits, but the army-bonus just doesn't seem worth it.

Still, any chance you could post the rest of your list? I might give the Yncarne a try sometime and I'm interested to see what you're running alongside him.

DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 14:51

I tend to play shooty lists (where I think we really shine) so it usually goes something like this:
Flayed skull Air Wing with 3 razorwings
Flayed skull battalion (where he replaces one archon) with around 4-5 venoms with blaster warriors and
Black heat spearhead with 3 ravagers (usual thing)
That is the core and it leaves me with a few points to spend which I usually do on mandrakes and scourges...
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 14:56

DevilDoll wrote:
I tend to play shooty lists (where I think we really shine) so it usually goes something like this:
Flayed skull Air Wing with 3 razorwings
Flayed skull battalion (where he replaces one archon) with around 4-5 venoms with blaster warriors and
Black heat spearhead with 3 ravagers (usual thing)
That is the core and it leaves me with a few points to spend which I usually do on mandrakes and scourges...

Thanks.

One last thing - what do you do with the 'spare' Flayed Skull Archon in that list? (I'm presuming the BH one is buffing the Ravagers).

Also, I'm generally not a fan of putting that many points into a single model but I'll admit you've made me want to give the Yncarne a go. Smile

DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 15:05

you really should he really rekindled my enthusiasm in the game im not kidding he opens up huge opportunities for mischievous experimentation im going as far as to say that his ability "feels" more dark elderly than many of our units ^_^

As for the spare archon i just put a blaster and a phantasm grenade launcher on him and send him on snipe and suicide missions
the bh one yeah the usual ravager babysitting with the writ
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 15:19

DevilDoll wrote:
you really should he really rekindled my enthusiasm in the game im not kidding he opens up huge opportunities for mischievous experimentation im going as far as to say that his ability "feels" more dark elderly than many of our units ^_^

I think you're right. Our army is really lacking in 'tricky' abilities.

Also, there's something about having a DE Daemon Prince that really appeals to me. Twisted Evil

Incidentally, Ynnari are the first thing that have actually made me consider using Eldar allies. I generally dislike Eldar from a flavour perspective, however, the Ynnari spells, Warlord Traits and Relics make them much more appealing.

But yeah, I think I'll see if I'm able to convert a Yncarne stand-in in order to give him a go. Thanks for all the advice. Very Happy

DevilDoll wrote:

As far as the spare archon i just put a blaster and a phantasm grenade launcher on him and send him on snipe and suicide missions
the bh one yeah the usual ravager babysitting with the writ    

Fair enough. I ask because I was messing around with a DE list the other day and contemplating dropping the Lhamaeans and Venom for my Archon pair. But I had little for them to buff and so I wasn't sure what to do with them otherwise. I'll try what you've suggested here.

Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 15:23

Don't forget that in a Ynnari detachment the Archon aura works on all Drukhari, not just Kabal.

Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 15:31

Count Adhemar wrote:
Don't forget that in a Ynnari detachment the Archon aura works on all Drukhari, not just Kabal.

On a similar note, Incubi are probably best run as Ynnari (even without SfD).

The Visarch is basically Drazhar+1, still being able to buff Incubi whilst also being vastly superior in combat. Plus, Ancestor's Grace, Shield of Ynnead and Unbind Souls can further buff them.

I suspect that they're probably still not worth it but it seems worth mentioning.

krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 15:33

One question that I have is whether or not Summoned by Death overrides the Tactical Reserves rule. Summoned by Death is useful, but it's a LOT more useful if it can be used during round 1.

I'm considering running a cheap Ynarri battalion with the Yncarne, an archon with hungering blade, and 3 units of wyches, alongside a Flayed Skull battalion, and putting the Ynarri wyches inside Flayed Skull venoms, and throwing the Ynarri archon in with my 'command' Flayed Skull venom.
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 20:38

I will now forever run (as long as it lasts anyway) my incubi in a Ynnari Vanguard detachement with the Visarch
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 23:14

Can confirm the Yncarne is pretty boss, managed to sneak out of a couple of dangerous situations with it in my game tonight and it racked up a nice kill tally. 2 Baal Predators, a Razorback, 6 Vanguard Vets (with stormshields) off a super smite, a smash captain with Gaze of Ynnead (who was healed twice by an sanguinary priest) and the Priest himself. Also managed to get 8 mortal wounds out of Storm of Whispers with it so that was nice. Yvraine was a little lacklustre, the Shield of Ynnead wasnt enough to keep my 15 Hellions, 24(3×8 ) wyches alive past turn 1.

One thing that did come up as my opponent clocked on to how the Yncarne worked; can you opt not to shoot your guns?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 23:22

How do you mean? Like, not fire overwatch?
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 23:25

No in the shooting phase, I remember you have to make any attacks you're capable of in the fight phase to stop people just tri pointing and not fighting, just didn't know if the same applies to shooting since my mate kept being frustrated by letting the Yncarne slip away.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 23:38

Pretty sure you don't have to shoot with all eligible units in the shooting phase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Yncarne is AMAZING
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next