THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Yncarne is AMAZING

Go down 
+17
Faitherun
Rhivan
Cerve
Lord Asvaldir
Myrvn
sekac
Gizamaluke
Archon_91
krayd
Soulless Samurai
Count Adhemar
TeenageAngst
Gorgon
Burnage
dumpeal
Jimsolo
DevilDoll
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 23:40

Yeah that's what we settled on good to know
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09 2019, 23:45

By the way, if a Ynnari Archon dies and you revive him via Back from the Brink, am I right in thinking that he doesn't get his Shadowfield back?

Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2019, 07:17

Aye its gone
Back to top Go down
Da-Rock
Hellion
Da-Rock

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2019, 18:52

So I may have missed the answer - can he appear on the board if something dies on 1st turn? (in the opponent's deployment zone etc)
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2019, 19:07

Da-Rock wrote:
So I may have missed the answer - can he appear on the board if something dies on 1st turn?  (in the opponent's deployment zone etc)

No one has answered.

Regardless, I sent the question in to GW's FAQ email addy. They won't answer me directly, but allegedly they read everything for consideration in later errata/FAQ documents, so maybe it will show up in a future FAQ. I also asked them if the 2CP cost for Fire and Fade is a typo.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2019, 20:17

well he starts on the board so technically he isnt considered a reserve or reinforcement or anything so why shouldnt he able to do it first turn?
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2019, 20:39

I think the question is if you keep him OFF the board, and something dies first turn, can he 'bamf' in?
Back to top Go down
Soulless Samurai
Incubi
Soulless Samurai

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2019, 20:42

Jimsolo wrote:
I think the question is if you keep him OFF the board, and something dies first turn, can he 'bamf' in?

Is there much point in even doing that, though? Why not just start him on the board? He can still teleport but this way he's also around right away to cast/deny powers, countercharge etc.

DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2019, 20:44

Soulless Samurai wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:

Is there much point in even doing that, though? Why not just start him on the board? He can still teleport but this way he's also around right away to cast/deny powers, countercharge etc.

exactly there is no reason to start off the board at all except if the enemy has 3 vindicare assassins and there is nowhere to hide or something
Back to top Go down
dumpeal
Hekatrix
dumpeal

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2019, 22:42

Because even if he's tough by eldar standard, an ennemy can focus it down turn 1, especially with the knight meta.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10 2019, 22:47

How is he going to be focused...? He's a character with 9 wounds he can't be targeted except by snipers...
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2019, 00:28

krayd wrote:
One question that I have is whether or not Summoned by Death overrides the Tactical Reserves rule. Summoned by Death is useful, but it's a LOT more useful if it can be used during round 1.

I'm considering running a cheap Ynarri battalion with the Yncarne, an archon with hungering blade, and 3 units of wyches, alongside a Flayed Skull battalion, and putting the Ynarri wyches inside Flayed Skull venoms, and throwing the Ynarri archon in with my 'command' Flayed Skull venom.

Pretty sure you can't do this. Venoms can only transport Drukhari infantry. Ynnari lose the Drukhari key word.

It's why the 3 Ynnari characters have the special rule that allows them to be transported. It would normally be illegal.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2019, 01:01

sekac wrote:
krayd wrote:
One question that I have is whether or not Summoned by Death overrides the Tactical Reserves rule. Summoned by Death is useful, but it's a LOT more useful if it can be used during round 1.

I'm considering running a cheap Ynarri battalion with the Yncarne, an archon with hungering blade, and 3 units of wyches, alongside a Flayed Skull battalion, and putting the Ynarri wyches inside Flayed Skull venoms, and throwing the Ynarri archon in with my 'command' Flayed Skull venom.

Pretty sure you can't do this. Venoms can only transport Drukhari infantry. Ynnari lose the Drukhari key word.

It's why the 3 Ynnari characters have the special rule that allows them to be transported. It would normally be illegal.

Ynnari don't lose the Drukhari keyword in their new rules, so they can jump onto transports happily.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2019, 02:52

Burnage wrote:
sekac wrote:
krayd wrote:

Ynnari don't lose the Drukhari keyword in their new rules, so they can jump onto transports happily.

^ This. The reason why the 3 Ynarri characters have that special rule is because they *don't* have the Drukhari keyword built-in. 'Reborn Drukhari', however, also have 'Drukhari' in addition, as 'Reborn Drukhari' just replaces <KABAL> or <CULT>.
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2019, 03:04

Burnage wrote:

Hmm...you may be right. Just re-read it, and they no longer count as a "Drukhari Detachment" but it doesn't specifically say they lose the keyword on their individual dataslate...curious.
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2019, 06:10

I don't see why Yncarne would be able to come on the board turn 1 in matched play. I think that is the reason they added the ability to start on the table.

Rule as written, tactical reserves can't come on. If Yncarne is off the table, it counts as Tactical Reserves. The special ability doesn't say it can come on in a matched play game turn 1. So I think it is stuck off the board until turn 2. (if you start off the board)
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2019, 06:12

DevilDoll wrote:
Soulless Samurai wrote:
Jimsolo wrote:

exactly there is no reason to start off the board at all except if the enemy has 3 vindicare assassins and there is nowhere to hide or something

If your opponent goes first, there's always the outside chance he gets focused down.

Even if they don't, if YOU can focus ANYTHING down first turn, you can potentially achieve a board position further ahead for the Yncarne than he would otherwise have been able to achieve.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 11 2019, 08:10

OK seriously now I cannot think of any scenario that he gets "focused down" first turn if you put him in a reasonaly safe position and have any clue of what your opponents army can do but OK I agree if you for whatever reason decide to keep him off the table he cannot teleport first turn
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2019, 03:03

If you put the Yncarne in a safe position it's not doing it's #1 job which is fighting things in close combat. Which is also why it's nonsense to bring it, the thing is north of 300 points and is a paperweight for 2 turns.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
sekac
Wych
sekac

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2019, 05:37

TeenageAngst wrote:
If you put the Yncarne in a safe position it's not doing it's #1 job which is fighting things in close combat. Which is also why it's nonsense to bring it, the thing is north of 300 points and is a paperweight for 2 turns.

You put it in a safe position and wait for something to die. Then you bring it forward to fight things in close combat. If you go 2nd and your opponent kills something, you could be doing its #1 job by the bottom of turn 1.

It doing nothing for 2 turns shouldn't ever happen. If it does, both the Ynnari player AND their opponent are doing terribly.
Back to top Go down
TeenageAngst
Incubi
TeenageAngst

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2019, 08:41

Most people use it as a fearless bubble for Guardians. I've never seen anyone seriously try to run it as a close combat monster since it's so easy to pick.

Flawless pieces of literary perfection:
https://www.fanfiction.net/u/2805979/
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2019, 14:27

Sounds like your experience is atypical.

Both here and on other forums, players are reporting success using the Yncarne as a melee threat.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2019, 14:46

I dont think itll be a competitive choice at it's current price but it's definitely useful, I'm knocking together 12 razorwing flocks currently to act as bubble wrap for him eventually breaking off to tie up enemy units. Will report back!
Back to top Go down
Jimsolo
Dracon
Jimsolo

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2019, 15:19

I need to pick up some of the doves.

I wonder if that Christian supply store has had their dove sales skyrocket again.

I like to think they have no idea why that happens, or why it suddenly stops.
Back to top Go down
Gizamaluke
Sybarite
Gizamaluke

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 12 2019, 15:27

I'm just recasting a ton of birds from archaeons model a friend gave me, sticking them together and pinning them to brass rod
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Yncarne is AMAZING   The Yncarne is AMAZING - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Yncarne is AMAZING
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next