THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest

Go down 
+31
ElfSpeaker
Saintspirit
Devilish
Ebonhart
Thor665
KnightSeerValkia
steev
Robotfloyd
Gdead909
speedfreek
SmallVictory
wilku
Hydra
asmodai650
trikk
Cailos
POwell0
Crazy_Irish
Preacher
Local_Ork
Marquis Vaulkhere
Skari
gunnerboy1607
Sky Serpent
Dez
Guidebot
Siticus the Ancient
Gobsmakked
Evil Space Elves
Dogmar
GAR
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 17:32

Gee, just what i needed. I have a Bunch of new DE models that all need some paint, and i really like the idea, that your not forced to take part at every entry, what fits into my timetable just well ;-)

I just need to finish some Word Bearers(damn "The First Heretic") and i'll be beack with my DE

Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 21:02

Awesome Idea with the arrival of Megaforces and other assorted DE goodness this should keep me up to date with my Painting.

Quick question. Where do we upload the WIP and finished article pics? Got a bit confuse on that point

Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 21:56

Pictures are uploaded in the HQ edition.

The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 22:11

i guess POwell0 just didn't get it, that the Pictures go into the Thread, where your Name and ID go in, as i also didn't get that. But i guess, now that a Pic is in the example post, it's unmistakable now ;-)

Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 22:28

Yep got it now will be uploading when my camera gets a charged up
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12 2011, 23:27

There's a few pictures up with some interesting ideas, let's see a comments thread GAR so people can start getting feedback on their work. Wink

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 01:52

I see some really awesome pic already out and I am at a loss for words and skivvies. Hope my work can even pale in comparison. However I am here to ask about my entry. I unfortunately have NO bits to use to make my HQ and I wont until Xmas when I am getting the battle force and some other stuff. It says that all pics must be in by the 23rd of January. I didn't see anything about when WIP's must be in. Do I need to post WIP's right now or can I wait till after Xmas when I get my new DE?

GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 03:41

Marquis Vaulkhere wrote:
I see some really awesome pic already out and I am at a loss for words and skivvies. Hope my work can even pale in comparison. However I am here to ask about my entry. I unfortunately have NO bits to use to make my HQ and I wont until Xmas when I am getting the battle force and some other stuff. It says that all pics must be in by the 23rd of January. I didn't see anything about when WIP's must be in. Do I need to post WIP's right now or can I wait till after Xmas when I get my new DE?

Entry into this contest is open until Jan 21st. So if you can paint it in two days and get the photos up, more power to ya!!

Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 04:47

I will post my pic of my build HQ before the new year. That should give me 23 days of painting to do a very good job I hope. Hope it can hold its own. So far all of your models I have seen are awe inspiring; good luck to everyone.

Dez
Kabalite Warrior
Dez

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 17:27

Suggestion: For each entry, add in a link to the Comment Thread. I did that, makes things a bit neater. People may also way to link from the Comment Thread to the Main Thread as well, in case you are reading the Comments and have no idea what the model looks like Wink
Back to top Go down
Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 19:34

I want to enter but I don't know what my User number is can someone help me.
Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 19:37

Your user ID appears to be u488. Just hover your cursor over your name on a post at it will appear on the bottom of your browser.

Cailos
Kabalite Warrior
Cailos

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 19:45

Marquis Vaulkhere wrote:
Your user ID appears to be u488. Just hover your cursor over your name on a post at it will appear on the bottom of your browser.
Well there it is...... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 19:57

GAR, I hope little alternation (ie. removing of wargear info, I probably go with CC-something) is ok since I did not give WIP yet.
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 13 2011, 20:06

Local_Ork wrote:
GAR, I hope little alternation (ie. removing of wargear info, I probably go with CC-something) is ok since I did not give WIP yet.

It's all good.

The idea really is to be more open and encouraging our members to join than to be too strict in rules.

Back to top Go down
trikk
Hellion
trikk

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14 2011, 20:45

How about changing the status (the thing below the user name) to something shameful if you do not meet the challenge? Where can I sign up Very Happy?
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 19:29

How about something similar to what Harry does with A Tale Of... on Warseer that every participant gets a random number and must comment on everyone else with the same.

I'm the first to say I'm guilty but the lack of comments is a bit blahhh.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
asmodai650
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 22:32

Well, if there is still room I'd like to join. I will be starting on my DE after Christmas. Will be interesting to see if I can keep up with painting this army as well as running my own "Tale of 6 Gamers" event for my FLGS and blog!

My id is u294.
Back to top Go down
http://asmodai650.blogspot.com
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19 2011, 23:03

I can only speak for myself, that i am buisy at the moment with exams, christmas preperations and my word beares, that need to be finished, this year.... but then! I'll be posting progress, and commenting on others.

Kabalite Warrior
Hydra

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 09:10

My stuff is on its way°

Hive Fleet Hydra

Kabal of the Poisoned Fang
Back to top Go down
http://h-archive.blogspot.de/
wilku
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner
Archon's Challenge HQ Winner

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 20 2011, 13:38

well, it looks like a good place to find motivation. I've got just a single model finished (from the army I had about 10yrs ago), but it will be completely repainted, so I guess this Challenge is something for me.
Sign me up Smile

Hellion
SmallVictory

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2011, 00:01

I'm on it, headed to the store right now to buy parts, this should be fun!
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24 2011, 09:52

Hydra wrote:
My stuff is on its way°

Oh yeah.

Excuse me, actually...

OH-FRAKING-YEAH!

I really, really like Your works and I would be pleased to compete with something more or less sculpted.

Mine is about 25% ready (started again from beginning, I like this one better, hurr...). Still Haemonculus, most likely with declared stuff (4 Venom Sickles, Flamer, "something").
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25 2011, 22:54

We do need to see some sort of penalty to the guys who don't complete their entries, something fun of course.

Back to top Go down
Marquis Vaulkhere
Kabalite Warrior
Marquis Vaulkhere

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25 2011, 23:38

I like Trikks idea for giving people a temporary title like 'mandrake' or something.

Finally managed to throw together my Archon. I used the 'Pilot' chest and head, a random Hellglave arm with some thorn bush's on it. One of those really cool chain flail arms and the legs and cloak of a High elf mage. Really exited to get him painted up.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next