THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest

Go down 
+31
ElfSpeaker
Saintspirit
Devilish
Ebonhart
Thor665
KnightSeerValkia
steev
Robotfloyd
Gdead909
speedfreek
SmallVictory
wilku
Hydra
asmodai650
trikk
Cailos
POwell0
Crazy_Irish
Preacher
Local_Ork
Marquis Vaulkhere
Skari
gunnerboy1607
Sky Serpent
Dez
Guidebot
Siticus the Ancient
Gobsmakked
Evil Space Elves
Dogmar
GAR
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 11 2012, 03:22

I like music tho. Don't know if it's because it bounce in my head for 17-or-so years or it's just catchy tune.

If that would calm You, it looks like my "Quickfire Witch" would ban me from any game shops in my area, since right now it's exactly opposite to G rated (more like PG-18 or GP-21, depending on Your country) and it would be even better. I mean "worse".

If I'll succeed to pull that one propertly (both sculpt and planned paintjob), You would understand why I'm so cocky right now. It's freaking "Ayyy!", at least in my head.

The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 Thefonze
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2012, 02:42

when is the next segment of the contest going to be announced anyway?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2012, 04:24

Ebonhart wrote:

Hey, let's get through the first one! Laughing

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Ebonhart
Kabalite Warrior
Ebonhart

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2012, 15:18

Evil Space Elves wrote:
Ebonhart wrote:

Hey, let's get through the first one! Laughing

sorry, finished mine, kind of chomping at the bit for the next section, it put me in a painting mood and i want to know what not to paint while i wait for the next section.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12 2012, 19:15

Never hurts to have troops painted regardless of what comes next. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Devilish
Kabalite Warrior
Devilish

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 10:52

I'm just starting my HQ entry for the challenge. I haven't decided on a Succubus or Archon. It depends on my bitz box. Still got a week to convert and paint.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 13 2012, 11:26

Would basecoat and paint my Dusk Knight, but it is freezing outside. Have to wait for some slightly warmer day... How probable...

Painted: 2263pts

shamroll wrote:
Dang! I was hoping Tyranids followed the Pokemon naming idea. A big Carnifex running around just yelling "Carnifex! Carni-Carnifex!" followed by a squad of termagants all saying "Termagant" to each other.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15 2012, 05:52

...duck.
Totally forgot that deadline is NOT end of the month. I either would finish my Ancient (actually with each passing day she looks more like Archon with 4 sickles and gun Neutral ) OR make normal Haemonculus.
Flip of the coin what I'll do. Hope that I can deliver WIP shot in tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 19 2012, 22:42

Ok, after *small* delay my HQ contest entry is nearly ready for basecoat. I have to sculpt "hair", shouldn't took too long after 4 "failed" attempts.

The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 Haemi_10

I decided to use magnets due to swapable bits I would like to include. You'll see what I mean.
And because she would constantly broke otherwise.
And maybe, just maybe, in case someone would like to buy recast of "body".

Just in case You think it looks more like fantasy piece - ingeed, it does. Not for long tho.

Finished picture will be add in "entry" post tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
ElfSpeaker
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 07:11

Hello,

I'd like to enter the challenge starting with the next phase, though I may be able to finish something in time for this one, we'll see. I addition to this challenge, I will be working towards 1800 points painted by November.

My user id is u910.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23 2012, 18:45

I just wanted to let everyone in this contest know that I have really gotten a kick (and a TON of conversion/paint ideas to steal! Twisted Evil ) out of all of the entries. Thanks to all of you, and especially GAR for hosting such a fun event. I am truly looking forward to more from all of you this year.

Back to top Go down
S-Laughter
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2012, 03:26

Hey guys, can I jump in, starting with the next section? I've got about 6000+ points of DE that are a wonderful shade of chaos black Laughing
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2012, 03:45

Each contest is a event into itself.

SO while this event, the HQ edition, is closed, you are free to enter into as few or as many of the next events as you like!

The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 Youdaamrg
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
S-Laughter
Slave

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2012, 14:07

K, thanks! Also, when might the next section start?
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2012, 14:23

S-Laughter wrote:
I've got about 6000+ points of DE that are a wonderful shade of chaos black Laughing
I feel your pain Mad

Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24 2012, 20:33

Evil Space Elves wrote:
I just wanted to let everyone in this contest know that I have really gotten a kick (and a TON of conversion/paint ideas to steal! Twisted Evil ) out of all of the entries. Thanks to all of you, and especially GAR for hosting such a fun event. I am truly looking forward to more from all of you this year.

I would like to echo Evil, this has been an amazing event! Full of inspiration and excellent painting, it certainly provides plenty of motivation.

A great idea GAR, and very nicely done!

Now, on to the non-Baron HQ round.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29 2012, 20:18

I've just been looking over all the entries for the first comp, and everyone's work is just incredible!
I've never been particularly fond of painting, or good for that matter, but I'm actually now really tempted to try and take part in a few categories. Might encourage me to actually get some of it done, and I do love getting to grips with conversion ideas.
I'm running on the guess that you might end up doing each of the force org slots somehow? Though that might be getting ahead of myself, or might not fully encompass the grand scale you're planning GAR.

As a question though, any hints as to when the next stage might be starting, and or what it might be? And is it likely to be a month for each category?
Hmmm, that might be more than one question.

A stitch in time, saves nine.

---

The Templar & The Alien - Battle Report

---

No Rest for the Wicked, a UK based Warhammer 40,000 LARP
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30 2012, 19:18

The idea behind the Archon challenge is to get our armies painted up.

We will be doing every slot. obviously some will be done multiple times.

There is no requirement to compete in each stage. Just compete and have fun and try to become better painters and converters along the way and in the end, we all have fully painted armies.

Judging is still ongoing for the first round, but my early estimation is round 2 will start right around Valentines day.

Back to top Go down
dangerous beans
Kabalite Warrior
dangerous beans

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 03:43

GAR this is a brilliant concept and I would like to take part too - I have some of my models made and put together but by no means everything and nothing has been started on as a painting project. I'd like to take part in the next phase and hopefully many (or all) of the ones there after. I would also be keen to support and sub you some money for the finalists prize (and for your time organising this) as soon as I have some money to do so (I am a poor man these days but support should be given where it is well earnt and due!)

My ID number if u888 (does that mean I got banned at some point? *gulp* I have no idea what for - no PM or anything, though it said I was 'disconnected' the other day...?)

Anyway, what is the next phases theme? (I should really read back the last 4 pages but its almost 4am here now!)

Many thanks,

Beans

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 14:04

I am curious, when does the next stage begin? I need more motivation and direction to my painting and modelling efforts!

Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 19:28

GAR mentioned mid-February as an approximate starting date, so that gives everyone a couple of weeks to clean their brushes, wash their paint pots, and begin plotting and crafting their evil entries.

Hmmm, which pile of unfinished models do I want to tackle next?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 21:27

If I will have models BEFORE entering contest, I will take part.
Meanwhile... mekkin stuff (My SpOrks, I'm in middle of MAJOR overhaul.)

Good job everyone!
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03 2012, 22:13

what's the next category? I'm about to start work on my succubus (i know i know, a month too late!) and a squad of 10 wyches in a raider. I always like to get HQ and 2 Troops painted first in case a miracle occurs and someone else in the back end of beyond here wants a game.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2012, 20:17

The next category is up.

Troops.

Winner for stage 1 have been announced.

Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08 2012, 20:54

GAR can we get some sort of chart set up to show people's progress? Maybe a simple:

Name Edition 1 Edition 2 Edition 3

Local_GARsmakked Completed Completed Best Overall
Baron Serpent Fail Completed 3rd
Randomm N/A N/A 2nd

?

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest   The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Archon's Challenge - a painting contest
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next