THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.

Go down 
+4
Sarcron
DevilDoll
Burnage
Vesuvan
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vesuvan
Slave
Vesuvan

I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  Empty
PostSubject: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20 2019, 05:02

Ok, I am freaking sick of Ynnari. First she has Lelith run away with her, from Lelith's background this doesn't make much sense but ok. Second Jain Zar can't win a fight on her own in a duel, so Yvraine empowers her with and entire battlefield to kill Drazhar. So because of Ynnari the dark eldar have lost two of the characters we have models for. The eldar lose a craftworld, but they have plenty of others. I understand gw is trying to shake things up but why is it when GW needs to shake things up they decide lets screw over the Dark Eldar, in this last 5 years. Why does this bother me. Because things that happen is fluff often will follow into gameplay. What this means for us is that when Ynnari gets their own codex the drukhari are down two more characters. Now fluff wise a hemi can regrow Drazhar, but the way it was written it doesn't look like that will happen. I am a big fan of all eldar, Craftworld, Harlequins, and Drukhari. I have been reading most of the books and any background information I can find on them for since the 90s and it been very entertaining. With that being said can't find positive to say about Ynnari or Yvraine in particular. I can't believe i and am saying this, but in a grimdark universe the Mary Sue has been bore and her name is Yvraine. I know alot of what I am saying sounds like I am bitter, but I just feel like all the fluff writing for any eldar as of late has been boring and lacking of any intelligence or substance. If GW wanted to make a new faction for eldar that is great I welcome it, but you don't have to tear down 20 years of foundation to do it. I know it sounds like I am complaining, but I want to know if I am the only person that feels this way. It feels like Psychic Awakening might be 40k version of the end time. And Fanasty players know what dark day that was.
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20 2019, 13:13

It's revealed that Drazhar's a Phoenix Lord - a Klaivex puts on his armour after his death and he takes her over.

I am mad that this isn't mentioned at all in the main Phoenix Rising book and is instead only stated in the book inside Blood of the Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
Vesuvan
Slave
Vesuvan

PostSubject: Re: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20 2019, 16:37

This falls back to that lazy writing that I was talking about. Instead of having Drazhar something different and unique, let make him just like the others. The three different eldar factions use to be unique in their fluff, it feels like gw is trying to homogenize them.
Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2019, 08:45

Tbh I have a feeling that lelith is working as an agent of vect (also correct me if I'm wrong but in blood of the phoenix I remember reading that the ynnari are starting to be suspicious of all drukhari following them considering them agents)...
The fluff mentiones them to be working closely alot and it doesn't make any sense whatsoever for her to just go and blindly follow yvraine for no reason at all...
But yeah this ynnari BS is out of hand and from what I gather there is almost no true eldar fan that gives a f about them I suppose everyone would be happy if she dies a horrible death preferably at the hands of vect...
I know that won't happen but one can dream
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2019, 17:10

Wasn't there once a nice little side-quest for the eldar of re-uniting all of the shards of Khaine?

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
Burnage
Incubi
Burnage

PostSubject: Re: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2019, 19:21

DevilDoll wrote:
But yeah this ynnari BS is out of hand and from what I gather there is almost no true eldar fan that gives a f about them I suppose everyone would be happy if she dies a horrible death preferably at the hands of vect...

I like the Ynnari, but their lore has been handled absurdly badly.

Imagine how differently people would feel about Yvraine if she'd made a slow progression over the course of several years from minor Craftworld character, to Dark Eldar special character, to leader of an entire new faction. Instead of just appearing out of nowhere as The Most Important Eldar Ever.

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
DevilDoll
Wych
DevilDoll

PostSubject: Re: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2019, 20:30

Burnage wrote:
DevilDoll wrote:

I like the Ynnari, but their lore has been handled absurdly badly.

Imagine how differently people would feel about Yvraine if she'd made a slow progression over the course of several years from minor Craftworld character, to Dark Eldar special character, to leader of an entire new faction. Instead of just appearing out of nowhere as The Most Important Eldar Ever.

For me the problem is that with this new mary sue girl they created, they crap all over their existing established characters which are reduced to second grade sidekicks in her holy quest whatever to save the world (much like the new star wars actually).
Eldrad, the most iconic asuryani character is barely mentioned, Vect gets reduced to a grumpy old dude who just wants revenge...
This is also apparent in the new blood of the phoenix. Jain zar an already established character gets killed and then immediately conveniently resurrected by Yvraine who rescues her from another dimension, then she again helps her by going into support buffer mode to fight off Drazhar who gets defeated on the ground he fought Karandras because Yvraine obviously was good at asuryani history lessons and chose the battleground (im not even joking on that one)... i mean who writes this stuff?

Soulless Samurai likes this post

Back to top Go down
finfarafin
Slave
finfarafin

PostSubject: Re: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29 2019, 22:43

I just find comfort in headcanon: after Vect ascension kabals become more paranoid than usual and now try to even the field. In 8ed codex there is a tidbit about Broken Sigil destroying captured C'tan imho they just try to reverse engineer necron tech to shatter and enslave ynned too have cool new toys.
Back to top Go down
Sarcron
Sybarite
Sarcron

PostSubject: Re: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30 2019, 02:56

finfarafin wrote:
I just find comfort in headcanon: after Vect ascension kabals become more paranoid than usual and now try to even the field. In 8ed codex there is a tidbit about Broken Sigil destroying captured C'tan imho they just try to reverse engineer necron tech to shatter and enslave ynned too have cool new toys.

That honestly sounds hilarious, the Ynarri finally achieving their goal. Only for one of the reborn Drukhari to go and throw a tesseract vault at Ynead and then run off to Commoragh.

It would also fit in with the whole idea of a good chunk of the deldar in the ynarri being spies.

Shame GW would never do it. And, it would be a really bad move on the story-telling part.

Sarcron
Back to top Go down
MoonSpider
Slave
MoonSpider

PostSubject: Re: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 29 2019, 22:40

youre telling me i just paid almot 40 bucks for the new drazhar model and they just killed him.........

should i use one of my spare female chests from my kabalite kits to make it up to date with the lore? i mean the other deldar girls have boob armor why wouldnt the new phoenix girl have it too
Back to top Go down
sejason
Hellion
sejason

PostSubject: Re: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01 2020, 15:55

Burnage wrote:
It's revealed that Drazhar's a Phoenix Lord - a Klaivex puts on his armour after his death and he takes her over.
I am mad that this isn't mentioned at all in the main Phoenix Rising book and is instead only stated in the book inside Blood of the Phoenix.

This is news to me ... interesting stuff. There's always been rumours that Drazhar is Arhra, the original Phoenix Lord of the Striking Scorpion, who turned himself to the dark side and was replaced by Karandras. So Drazhar being a Phoenix Lord makes total sense to me! I'll take a closer look at that part of the fluff! Smile

Back to top Go down
https://sejason.deviantart.com/
PartridgeKing
Sybarite
PartridgeKing

PostSubject: Re: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03 2020, 16:37

To be honest my biggest gripe with Yvraine is why she even exists. They had Lady Malys, she was basically everything they made Yvraine into....why create a character when one already exists who is more established in the Lore?!?!

A stitch in time, saves nine.

---

The Templar & The Alien - Battle Report

---

No Rest for the Wicked, a UK based Warhammer 40,000 LARP

Faitherun, Soulless Samurai and Sarcron like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.    I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I think GW has it out for us in the Fluff Department.
Page 1 of 1